• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2016 Winners From ASIA ?

And now we know the 84000 was understated - it is actually 91.5 (15002 in Asia)
Yes, saw that in the other forum, still a lot lower than 125K... I am waiting to see what you guys make of it. I guess I shouldn't be worried with AS78**, but can't help myself :)!!!

A separate question for knowing folks, thanks in advance. My daughter is under and is living in USA as an F1 holder, second year college. When we, hopefully, get called up for the interview, must she physically attend with us outside the USA or can she be interviewed separatedly in the States?

How old is she, exactly?

I don't have the calcs here, someone else will link to them. There is some leeway in some instances but I don't know the formula.
Thanks for asking me the question that highlighted this for us! Wow, could have missed this until much later...

Thanks for asking me the question that highlighted this for us! Wow, could have missed this until much later...

I was trying to not freak you out before we had all the info!!
I think normally she could have done AOS after your interview but that will take time she may not have given the age issue - assuming you can get your interview before she turns 21 or within the grace period, if it applies, the safest will be to have her interview with you.

I was trying to not freak you out before we had all the info!!
I think normally she could have done AOS after your interview but that will take time she may not have given the age issue - assuming you can get your interview before she turns 21 or within the grace period, if it applies, the safest will be to have her interview with you.
Haha no panic (yet), based on Britsimon's blog, I think she is protected for over 200 days after her birthday so she will turn 21 on 23 June 2016, should be safe even if we get interviewed right before Sept. AND YOU ARE DARN RIGHT SHE WILL FLY TO WHETEVER and interview with us :)!

My son is 23 years old, Canadian citizen born in Iran. If I hopefully get a green card, when can I apply to bring him to live with me? How long would that take?

Please help me!
I win the lottery 2016 with CN about 3500, I would like to get married with my fiance. (I filled the entry form as a single person.)
please answer my question about this;
which one is the best time to register my marriage? before submitting DS-260 or after that? ( I want to know that how much time I have to submit my DS-260 form to avoid delays in my case?

It's best to get married before submitting your DS-260.

My son is 23 years old, Canadian citizen born in Iran. If I hopefully get a green card, when can I apply to bring him to live with me? How long would that take?

As long as your child is not married, you can sponsor him as an LPR. The bad news is the current wait for that category (F2B) is around 7 years. If he gets married, as he may well do in the seven year wait, you will then have to wait until you are a citizen before you can sponsor him (on F3), and the wait time for that (excluding the time before you become a citizen) goes up to around 11 years.

I got selected for further processing, however my case # is quite huge, AS10xxx. How probable am I to get visa?

I got selected for further processing, however my case # is quite huge, AS10xxx. How probable am I to get visa?

Are you in Nepal? If not, DV2014's asian cutoff was 13,350.. but the progress for Asia is so slow for DV2015 I feel as if the cutoff will be less.

I noticed that we have not really been as free with experienced estimates on what is safe for Asia (maybe below AS5*** :) LOL) ... I haven't looked for a few days (mom was in hospital had to across the globe to sit in a hospital, but she is ok now) - any new thinking? I am hanging on to last year's number but I agree with guestgulkan that the progress for Asia seems slow this year.

Also, previous posts from other threads have indicated that Asia threads tended to be less active - boy it's true - not much action going on here compared to the general group on DV2016.

DV2016-AS1100x ... can I get the chance for interview? kinda worry... when is the best time to send my online DS-260?

DV2016-AS1100x ... can I get the chance for interview? kinda worry... when is the best time to send my online DS-260?
By your picture, I assume you are not from the special countries of Nepal and Iran.
So the number looks highish, however we do not know how many CNs are before you (density). The data will not be available for a while. Given the total number of selectees 91k, you should have a good chance, however it will probably be towards the end of the fiscal year, August-September 2016.

DS-260 was introduced last year, and initially it took up to 5 months to process it by KCC. Now it takes something like 2 months, but of course different cases will differ in processing time. KCC schedule processed cases 2 month before the month of an interview. If, for example, you want your forms to be ready for July 2016 scheduling, you need your case processed before May, so you would submit your DS-260 sometime between Dec-Feb (depending on KCC being able to show some consistent processing time).

I do not know if it is relevant to you, but by submitting the form you are showing an immigrant intent. Overall, I think you have higher probability of getting an interview than not. You can either file now, or wait until more data becomes available. For DV2015 we got the density data in early Jan.

Last edited:
I Am DV 2016 winner with case 2016AS108xx . I already ask San,brit,Susie about it.., So I don have question to ask more. Just post here to show everybody that I am from Cambodia with this high case number .

It looks like highest asia case number is around 11,000. Didnt see anyone with a higher number than that