• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

MOM and other experts:

I am current for July, CN: AS62XX . After reading last few pages, I am starting to think that I did not get 2nl because I changed from AOS to CP in April 2oth. Most people who have greater number than mine have received 2nl letter. Changing from AOS to CP make that much difference? 3-4 month of background check(if that is the reason for delay of 2nd letter) will get push me August/September. Anyone has gone through the same? When do you guys think my interview date will be based on past experience of cases like mine?

TIA

MOM and other experts:

I am current for July, CN: AS62XX . After reading last few pages, I am starting to think that I did not get 2nl because I changed from AOS to CP in April 2oth. Most people who have greater number than mine have received 2nl letter. Changing from AOS to CP make that much difference? 3-4 month of background check(if that is the reason for delay of 2nd letter) will get push me August/September. Anyone has gone through the same? When do you guys think my interview date will be based on past experience of cases like mine?

TIA

The first thing you need to do is contact kcc to ensure that they have correctly recorded the change to CP.

MOM and other experts:

TIA

Yes, you didn't get the 2NL because you contacted KCC to change from AOS to CP in April which didn't give them enough time to process your DS-260 form and schedule you for a July interview even though your CN is now current. Remember CP interviews are scheduled about 2 months in advance, which means not enough time to have processed you and send you a 2NL in May for a July interview. So yes, you're looking at being interviewed in August or September.

If you provided both your email address and phone number, and selected to be notified by both email and text, then you should receive both email and text notifications when USCIS officially accepts your package.
Yes we did 2 phone numbers and one email for all of us in 4 forms. In each form first and last name, email address and phone number. That's what we did.

What do you mean by selected to be notified, is it means file or case accepted?

Yes, you didn't get the 2NL because you contacted KCC to change from AOS to CP in April which didn't give them enough time to process your DS-260 form and schedule you for a July interview even though your CN is now current. Remember CP interviews are scheduled about 2 months in advance, which means not enough time to have processed you and send you a 2NL in May for a July interview. So yes, you're looking at being interviewed in August or September.
August or September? That sucks! That is messy. 2 month to process an online form? WOW ...I don't know what I got into. PHEW... God bless my pregnant wife. She won't forgive me.

August or September? That sucks! That is messy. 2 month to process an online form? WOW ...I don't know what I got into. PHEW... God bless my pregnant wife. She won't forgive me.

If only you had stated what was going on in the forum before switching to CP!

If only you had stated what was going on in the forum before switching to CP!
I was over cautious and anxious. Perhaps over-thought and overlooked the forum as well. After the earthquake, I thought I would go and see my family. It did not even cross my mind that changing from AOS to CP can be so bothersome. I think by the end of this CP process, I will need to be on some anxiety medication. I won't mind if I get the green card though. This is my last resort. I am tired of juggling between F1, F2, work OPT, STEM OPT H1, COS etc. Been here too long.

I was over cautious and anxious. Perhaps over-thought and overlooked the forum as well. After the earthquake, I thought I would go and see my family. It did not even cross my mind that changing from AOS to CP can be so bothersome. I think by the end of this CP process, I will need to be on some anxiety medication. I won't mind if I get the green card though. This is my last resort. I am tired of juggling between F1, F2, work OPT, STEM OPT H1, COS etc. Been here too long.

I believe you will get an interview eventually, it's just the additional stress of waiting you have to cope with for now. With your wife being pregnant, you can't afford to be stressing too, you know. All will be end at the end ;)

Thanks a lot again. I hadn't considered all these points before. Based on the points you've made along with @Sm1smom and @EURO2014, I feel very strongly now that I must stick with AOS. Part of my reasoning was that the apparent simplicity of the CP process, which isn't that simple if we're considering all these things. I might not be put on additional background check, but then I might, who knows - I do research in University, which I've heard leads to additional background check sometimes. The visa running out part is key (again something I'd not thought of) - I'd be in a pretty tricky spot if I go to Nepal for an interview and then it got cancelled.

I guess part of me really wants to go to Nepal at the moment (I've not been for more than a year now, and specially more so now given current circumstances - about which BTW people in this forum have been very kind, thoughtful and considerate about, which I'm sure all Nepalese folks appreciate quite a lot). But I shouldn't be making critical decisions based on emotions, haha.

Thanks a lot everyone. I'll stick with AOS and embrace the storm :)

Hey Brother,

That seems to be the best choice for you. I missed my 2nl letter because I changed to CP from AOS in April. I am current for July but I did not get 2nl. I like you, for simplicity and generosity of US embassy in Nepal, change to CP in April without knowing that it delays the process. Mom and Simon's knowledge seems to accurate. I am just confirming what they said by giving you my own example. Don't change anything now. I have emailed KCC about my case, I will update if I get any new information, which I doubt. Hope you get your chance of interview too.

Hi everyone,

Just an update on my case. I went for bio on Friday 22nd (not a walk-in) and got that done. Now it's back to the waiting game. I hope I get my interview letter soon.

Just a question, my case number is AS59XX and I'm from Iran (these are not good times to be Iranian), do you think I'm safe or they're gonna run out of visa by the time it's my turn? Also, does Alexandria, VA ASC has a good reputation in terms of getting things done quickly or not? It took them more than usual to send the bio letter.

Thanks,
Armin

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

Just an update on my case. I went for bio on Friday 22nd (not a walk-in) and got that done. Now it's back to the waiting game. I hope I get my interview letter soon.

Just a question, my case number is AS59XX and I'm from Iran (these are not good times to be Iranian), do you think I'm safe or they're gonna run out of visa by the time it's my turn? Also, does Alexandria, VA ASC has a good reputation in terms of getting things done quickly or not? It took them more than usual to send the bio letter.

Thanks,
Armin

Your case number has no influence on your case once you've become current and your application has been accepted.

Also, Mom can correct me if I'm mistaken, but it's not your ASC's reputation you should care about, but your FO's. It is the FO that will determine when you interview happens, and how quickly your case gets approved. Have a look at this link (and in particular at those rows featuring your FO) to get an idea of how fast they schedule interviews/approve cases.

Not sure how being Iranian will affect the background checks - I'll let Mom speak to that.

HELLO,

Thanks for your help. I would like to fill I-485. I realized that I 485 available in in website has expiration date: OMB No. 1615-0023; Expires 06/30/2015. Does that mean that this form is no longer can be used after 06/30/2015. If so where can I find the update forms of I 485.

Hi everyone,

Thanks,
Armin

The individual ASC isn't responsible for sending out the bio letter, it's done for everyone by NBC (National Benefits Centre), and going by your posted timeline, the bio letter receipt doesn't seem unusually delayed IMO.

It's hard for anyone here to say precisely how long it might take for your case to get approved following your interview, and yes, your being Iranian could possibly delay your interview letter itself or the final case approval, it depends on how quickly you're able to clear the background check. This is a good instance where trying a bio walk in would have been a very good idea, instead of waiting until the actual scheduled date like you did.

HELLO,

Thanks for your help. I would like to fill I-485. I realized that I 485 available in in website has expiration date: OMB No. 1615-0023; Expires 06/30/2015. Does that mean that this form is no longer can be used after 06/30/2015. If so where can I find the update forms of I 485.

The form is still usable, that is the most recent form on the website.