• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

I made a mistake in DS-260

megoman

Hi all, I have a problem which is confusing:

in fact, i have realized that i did a mistake in the DS-260 with one of the middle names !!!!

1- it's bit strange as we are using a "long Name system" in Egypt which means that they write (full 5 names) in the official documents !
2- when i filled up the DV entry, i put my Surname, Given name , As i remember, when i entered the DS-260 form for the first time, it was already written in the form as per the DV-entry
3-how can i correct that ? ( i wrote my full name in my native language as per the passport, however in Eglish, i only wrote my name + father's name + surname.

- should i call the KCC for this ? or i correct it in the interview ?

don't worry, u fill another form, then u sent it to KCC, that won't be no proble. hope this will help

that's very correct Vladek - i called the KCC, they asked me to send an e-mail, and after sometime they unlocked the DS260 and i made the necessary changes. it's easy :)

that's very correct Vladek - i called the KCC, they asked me to send an e-mail, and after sometime they unlocked the DS260 and i made the necessary changes. it's easy :)
How long take between sending the email and unlock the form

How long take between sending the email and unlock the form

There is no definitive number on how quick KCC will unlock the form, normally most people see it taking a couple of weeks, some have been lucky and seen it done in a day or two but that should be considered lucky and not the norm.

hi everybody,
please i have a question, just to be sure to not make another mistake.
i've made a mistake on my email adresse in the form, and would like to unlock it for modification.

Please i want to know want should i write in the email to send (is there a specific titre or something?)
they told me about:
-case number
-date of birth
-name of applicant

please @megoman how did you wrote your email, just to be sure that they reply...
thank you all :D

hi everybody,
please i have a question, just to be sure to not make another mistake.
i've made a mistake on my email adresse in the form, and would like to unlock it for modification.

Please i want to know want should i write in the email to send (is there a specific titre or something?)
they told me about:
-case number
-date of birth
-name of applicant

please @megoman how did you wrote your email, just to be sure that they reply...
thank you all :D

The three pieces of information you listed are required each time you contact KCC. As for your question - you ask them to unlock the form so you can make an adjustment - nothing fancy - just that....

The three pieces of information you listed are required each time you contact KCC. As for your question - you ask them to unlock the form so you can make an adjustment - nothing fancy - just that....

as Britsimon replied, mention the (case number-date of birth-name of applicant) and request for unlocking the form DS-260, explaining the reason of your necessary changes.
- should i assume that you didn't receive your submission confirmation after you finished the DS-260 application ?

Hi all, I have a problem which is confusing:

in fact, i have realized that i did a mistake in the DS-260 with one of the middle names !!!!

1- it's bit strange as we are using a "long Name system" in Egypt which means that they write (full 5 names) in the official documents !
2- when i filled up the DV entry, i put my Surname, Given name , As i remember, when i entered the DS-260 form for the first time, it was already written in the form as per the DV-entry
3-how can i correct that ? ( i wrote my full name in my native language as per the passport, however in Eglish, i only wrote my name + father's name + surname.

- should i call the KCC for this ? or i correct it in the interview ?
Hi Mego, I have the same issue you had, what exactly should update in the form?

Hi Mego, I have the same issue you had, what exactly should update in the form?

Hi David - As i have been advised earlier by the experts here, you may send an E-mail to KCC and request to unlock the DS-260 if you have already submitted it, unless you are a 2015 DV selectee and you don't want a delay in your process .... in that case you can explain it during the interview...

Hi Mego, thanks man for ur reply ..
I'm 2016 , so ..shall I use the name 4 as surname or keep it as it is.(surename, first ,maiden)
or shall I add the full name in the other name...?

Hi Mego, thanks man for ur reply ..
I'm 2016 , so ..shall I use the name 4 as surname or keep it as it is.(surename, first ,maiden)
or shall I add the full name in the other name...?

in DS-260 ; write the name in the same exact order as the travel document (passport) - so for ex. : Your name + father's + grandfather's +his father + his father...this is the way our travel documents have been formed. where are you from ?

Hi Mego,
From egy, we use 4names not 5 ?

Shall I use the last name ( grand grand father as Surname and the other ...( name + father + grand father ) in given name .
Or just use the full name in other name field .

Also does not that be different than the way they send it.

Hi Mego,
From egy, we use 4names not 5 ?

Shall I use the last name ( grand grand father as Surname and the other ...( name + father + grand father ) in given name .
Or just use the full name in other name field .

Also does not that be different than the way they send it.

it doesn't matter the way you put your name first time, when you fill up the DS-260 it should be as EXACTLY as the passport

Hello

I made a mistake in the form DS-260. I open one here. Is there any problem to open again?

Regards,
Alban

while reviewing the documents and the DS-260 , i have found that i only mentioned the highest degree ( university details) while i was supposed to add the secondary school details! ( i said yes for attending secondary school or above ) now it's too late to unlock the form, should i send to the embassy ? or i write an explanation letter and bring it with me to the IO ?