• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tri-Valley_University
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ly-Indians-uncertain/articleshow/15350846.cms
http://watchdog.org/95968/university-of-northern-virginia-forced-to-close-leaving-students-in-limbo/

I also something the other day about being able to get degrees (for cash and without much/any actual work) from "Barkley" and "Columbiana"...

Really, it becomes quite obvious that USCIS cannot be expected to figure out if every university degree put in front of them is genuine, especially if it is from outside the country they are interviewing in. Whereas high school diplomas are issued by national boards not individual schools and thus much more easily verifiable.
Yes, absolutely.

A.W.E.S.O.M.E.!! Congratulations! I almost reached out for a glass of margarita after reading this, but had to stop myself considering it's still a bit early on my side of the west coast, and I don't want to end up looking like this:

when-your-mom-tries-to-dance.gif

Haha! Breaking news - Mom posts a selfie!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tri-Valley_University
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ly-Indians-uncertain/articleshow/15350846.cms
http://watchdog.org/95968/university-of-northern-virginia-forced-to-close-leaving-students-in-limbo/

I also something the other day about being able to get degrees (for cash and without much/any actual work) from "Barkley" and "Columbiana"...

Really, it becomes quite obvious that USCIS cannot be expected to figure out if every university degree put in front of them is genuine, especially if it is from outside the country they are interviewing in. Whereas high school diplomas are issued by national boards not individual schools and thus much more easily verifiable.

Thanks guys for all the input...Out of curiosity...are they really gonna verify the high school or university degree with SEVIS?? My GED wasn't for university entry it was for a nursing program in community college that I tried to apply but I end up getting my BS and MS in business Finance....I am so full of regret right now that I didn't take high school seriously....just hoping for the best:)

Thanks guys for all the input...Out of curiosity...are they really gonna verify the high school or university degree with SEVIS?? My GED wasn't for university entry it was for a nursing program in community college that I tried to apply but I end up getting my BS and MS in business Finance....I am so full of regret right now that I didn't take high school seriously....just hoping for the best:)

Yeah - so frustrating for you! Hopefully they won't even ask for high school diplomas - in my case, they saw I was doing a PhD and didn't even bother asking; hopefully they'll react the same way to the masters...

You have a 20/80% chance. They may ask for the HS Diploma, they may not. More often than not with AOS cases, much emphasis isn't placed on the exact HS graduation requirement.

Did the bio today, I had an appointment at 11 and got there at 10:20 and was done by 10:40. They take fingerprints, signature and picture (unfortunately I wasn't expecting picture so hopefully they don't use it for anything other than the background check, cause it was pretty horrible). Easy peasy if anyone was wondering.

Did the bio today, I had an appointment at 11 and got there at 10:20 and was done by 10:40. They take fingerprints, signature and picture (unfortunately I wasn't expecting picture so hopefully they don't use it for anything other than the background check, cause it was pretty horrible). Easy peasy if anyone was wondering.

Um, I presume that is the pic that goes on your green card...maybe another AoSer can confirm.
(If it's any consolation, my GC picture bears a striking resemblance to the extras from The Walking Dead.)

My application included a couple of passport pictures. I think those go on the green card (or, rather, I hope)
Um, I presume that is the pic that goes on your green card...maybe another AoSer can confirm.
(If it's any consolation, my GC picture bears a striking resemblance to the extras from The Walking Dead.)

The bio picture will most definitely be put on the GC. The pictures you included with your package will only be used to identify you in person when you show up for the interview.

hello there,

I and my wife received our interview letters. They are scheduled 45 minutes apart, i.e, I will be interviewed 45 minutes after her. I thought it should have been the same time. Any such experience in the past will be appreciated.

thanks

hello there,

I and my wife received our interview letters. They are scheduled 45 minutes apart, i.e, I will be interviewed 45 minutes after her. I thought it should have been the same time. Any such experience in the past will be appreciated.

thanks

Some FOs sometimes send out IL for couples or family members like that. Nothing to worry about. You will both end up being interviewed together.

Yes I did it and waiting next step, will we know they accepted our package through text message or email as we filled g-1145 form or should wait until receive their notes?

If you provided both your email address and phone number, and selected to be notified by both email and text, then you should receive both email and text notifications when USCIS officially accepts your package.