• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

Fiji interviewers are quite , what's the right word to use here, "tough", they will ask at lease 1 of this questions. Sorry mom and Em.

No Mom, I don't think its relevant to Kiwi's or Australians but some of the Fiji selectees are put through these questions, I got this list from a friend in Fiji.

No Mom, I don't think its relevant to Kiwi's or Australians but some of the Fiji selectees are put through these questions, I got this list from a friend in Fiji.

Did the friend go through a DV based CP? What Em and I are trying to pass across is that they relate more to someone attending a marriage based GC interview, and it's not limited to Fiji people or those interviewing in Fiji alone as a matter of fact.

Hi Pranish, these are some of the questions that could be asked at the interview.
Sample dv questions for married applicants
1. When and where was your spouse born?
2. How did you and your spouse meet? Where?
3. Describe this 1st meeting.
4. Did you make arrangements to meet again?
5. Did you exchange phone numbers?
6. Where was your first date?
7. When and where did your spouse propose to you?
8. Where did you marry, at Church, the Courthouse? Did you have a wedding reception?
9. Why didn’t you have a honeymoon?
10. Why didn't you have a wedding?
11. What are the names of your in-laws?
12. Have you met them?
13. Name some of your spouse’s best friends?
14. Have you met them?
15. How many rooms are in the house?
16. Do you attend religious services together? What is the name of the religious establishment /pastor,
17. How many siblings does your spouse have?
18. Name the siblings of your spouse
19. Why did you decide to get married on your date of marriage?
20. What does your spouse do for living
21. Where does s/he work
22. What are your spouses hobbies
23. When did you decide to get married? Where were you at the time?
24. Did you live together before marriage?
25. When and where did you get married.
26. Who were the witnesses to the ceremony?
27. Where did you purchase the ring? Did you and your spouse purchase it together?
28. Did you have a reception after the ceremony?
29. Where was it held?
30. Do you have any photos of the ceremony and /or reception?
31. Describe the reception.
32. Did any of your, and your spouse's, family members attend? If so, who?
33. Did you go on a honeymoon?
34. Where did you live after the marriage?
35. Describe the place where you lived right after the marriage. Number of bedrooms and bathrooms; furnishings; color of walls, , appliances.
36. Where did you get the furniture? Was it already there, did you buy it, was it a gift, or did it come from your, or your spouse's, previous residence?
37. If brought to the house or apartment, describe how it was transported.
38. Describe your bedroom. Where do you keep your clothes? Where does your spouse keep his or her clothes? Where are the bathroom towels kept? Where do you keep the dirty clothes?
39. Where is the garbage kept in the kitchen?
40. On what day of the week is the garbage picked up?
41. Where do you shop for groceries? Do you go together with your spouse
42. What is your salary?
43. When was the last vacation you had from work?
44. Did you and your spouse go anywhere together at that time?
45. What is your spouse’s salary?
46. What is your spouse's telephone No
47. When was the last time your spouse got a vacation from work?
48. Do you or your wife have any scars or tattoos? If so, where on the body?
49. Do you know your spouse's family members? If so, which ones?
50. How much is your rent? When is it paid? How do you pay it?
51. Do you have a bank account together? Where? What kind of account? (Checking, savings).
52. Are both of you listed on the account? (Do you have a bank letter, cancelled checks, etc.?)
53. Do you own any property together?
54. Do you have an insurance policy listing your spouse as the beneficiary? If so, do you have a copy?
55. Have you taken any trips or vacations together?
56. What other documentation do you have to show that you are living together as husband and wife?
57. What did you do for Christmas, New Year's, your anniversary, or you or your spouse's last birthday? Did you exchange gifts? If so, what kind of gift?
58. Did you or your spouse go to work yesterday? If so, at what time did you and/or your spouse leave the house and return?
59. Who cooks the meals at the house?
60. What is your spouse's favorite food?
61. What is your favorite food?
62. Did you eat dinner together last night? Did anyone else have dinner with you? What did you have?
63. What time was dinner served? Who cooked it?
64. Did you watch TV after dinner? What did watch?
65. At what time did you go to bed? Who went to bed first?
66. Who woke up first this morning? Did an alarm clock go off?
67. Did you have breakfast? Where and what did you eat?
68. What is your spouses' favorite color, place to visit
69. Who is the owner of the house where you live?
70. How many children do you intend to have or How many children are yet to be born?
The CO also can ask questions relating to sleeping habits, underwear and clothing preference. Be prepared for any personal or private questions in addition to these.

Sorry for the lengthy post, I had this some where, in my dv 2016 file, thought I'd share, I was very prepared if we were selected but if it could help someone, my pleasure. my time will come as well. God Bless and all the best for the interview.

This is very obviously a set of questions aimed at determining if a marriage is genuine. So I can see some of them might be asked in the case of someone who got married after selection, but considering most DV interviews are 2-5 minutes this is clearly not a DV list and no reason to ask them for anyone who didn't get married after selection.

This is very obviously a set of questions aimed at determining if a marriage is genuine. So I can see some of them might be asked in the case of someone who got married after selection, but considering most DV interviews are 2-5 minutes this is clearly not a DV list and no reason to ask them for anyone who didn't get married after selection.

Exactly!

Busted! You can't dupe the experts on here. I was thinking it was interesting that someone who has not been through the process seems to be such an 'expert'. I can understand wanting to feel helpful, but giving misleading information isn't at all helpful and can be very counter-productive to the people actually going through the process.

Damm that list had me worried. I said to the mrs we better prepare. An Indian and kiwi couple are sure to raise suspicion lol.
All of a sudden I started asking her what day does the rubbish get picked up ? She thought I woke up on the wrong side of the bed .....

If it helps, we were asked the following:

a) Why do you want to move to America (question to my husband, the principal)
b) So you have changed your name? (question to me).

That was it.

Last edited:
I just don't want @Pranish trying to get his already nervous missus trying to memorise what she ate for breakfast!
Yeah that list is not related to DV.. I asked a previous DV2014 winner.. But if the CO wana fire those questions to my missus then bring it!! She can answer all of that lol... Even the underwear part! Hahahaha... White one which has Monday on it... (Since Interview is on a Monday)... Just kiddin guys! But @Maisy I do appreciate the look out for me! I'm Gona get her to have 2 red bulls before interview...