• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian DV 2016 selectee join here

All DV2016 Selectee, start reading the note below from @Ormania on DV2015 forum.

For starter let's see some of the terms most often used in DV processing.

1) Visa Bulletin (VB)

Visa Bulletin is a publication regardingimmigration to the United States published by the United States Department of State. The primary purpose of this bulletin is to provide an updated waiting list (also known as Priority Date) for immigrants that are subject to the quota system.The content of the bulletin is available on the web addresshttp://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/law-and-policy/bulletin.html

2) Current

We say current when visa numbers are available for a specific qualified applicant. Visa numbers are available only for applicants whose priority date is earlier thanthe cut-off date listed in the tables

3) 1st NL and 2nd NL

First NL (1st NL) is the First Notification Letter that you received explaining that you are a winner. While the Second NL (2nd NL) is the Second Notification Letter that the Kentucky Consular Center send to your email describing your date, time and place of interview.

4) C.O

Is the Consular Officer who will conduct your interview in the embassy when you go for the interview.

5) P.O.E

Is the Port of Entry. It is the first entry point where you enter the United States of America after your entry is approved by the US Immigration officers.

Source: Ormania

Hi @rolex123, yes I have seen the picture. It was the same person we met on our second visit. We had only partial interview with him and second round finger print. It was more of advise we got from him.

Dear @ZGREAT and @MB1xxx
I think we got one member on the forum who won dv 2016.
@ethio41, i am correct ?
if yes , welcome and congra bro, all the good people here would provide you proper informations we knew & experience about dv process in ethiopia .

hey guys, got selected for the dv visa 2016. Submitted the app online on the 11th may. When should i expect to get the 2NL?