EAD: Card Was Ordered To Be Produced

Lucky you @CWH, my status for ead is still "case was received" , nothing has changed:(. Did u have another status before today like Initial review or something? I made an infopass . I know that it doesn't make anything but I have to try all options

Lucky you @CWH, my status for ead is still "case was received" , nothing has changed:(. Did u have another status before today like Initial review or something? I made an infopass . I know that it doesn't make anything but I have to try all options
nope, this is the only status updated to my case (from received to CPO). i am sure yours will get updated soon.

If you guys are still waiting for your EAD .so do the same thing which i did.call the customer care and make a service request .i did the same and receievd mine and my wife's EAD within 190 days total

hi @Zyam, thank you so much for the information on how to get to talk to an officer. i did get to talk to one and she went ahead and request for an interim EAD for me as well. i got a confirmation number, and she told me to wait either on an email or a mail within 30 days.

i am just curious how the interim EAD works. how long is the interim EAD valid? what will happen to the original EAD application? is there anything else that i have to do at this point? and do i really have to wait for another 30 days to get something from USCIS and wait another only-god-know-how-long days to get my interim card in the mail?
I did the same thing.but the very next day my status was changed to case was approved and within a week i recieved my EAD

Reactions: CWH
I did the same thing.but the very next day my status was changed to case was approved and within a week i recieved my EAD
Hi, Shael728. What does service request mean? What it does? Do you think I can call them again after requesting interim ead and ask for service request?
After request for interim ead I got email from them saying that my case is still pending consideration.

Hi, Shael728. What does service request mean? What it does? Do you think I can call them again after requesting interim ead and ask for service request?
After request for interim ead I got email from them saying that my case is still pending consideration.
I guess so you can put a service request on your case as you have not recieved the EAD still after 180 days.
Call them again and ask about the status on your case.then tell them that it is going very hard for you to survive without a job.so if they can please put a service request on your case.
I hope after that within a day or two your status should be changed to approved
Good luck

I guess so you can put a service request on your case as you have not recieved the EAD still after 180 days.
Call them again and ask about the status on your case.then tell them that it is going very hard for you to survive without a job.so if they can please put a service request on your case.
I hope after that within a day or two your status should be changed to approved
Good luck
from what @shael728 described, i think it's pretty much the same thing @Zyam and i did when we called USCIS. i was not really sure that we were actually requesting an interim EAD because in my case history, these entries were added on april 30 (the date i called USCIS):

"On April 30, 2015, your inquiry about the status of your Employment Authorization application, referral number xxxxxxxx, was assigned to an officer for response."
"On April 30, 2015, we sent a response to your inquiry about the status of your Employment Authorization application, referral number xxxxxxxx."
"On April 30, 2015, your inquiry about the status of your Employment Authorization application, referral number xxxxxxxx, was completed."

i think we were just making an inquiry or the service request as mentioned by shael728. Zyam, did you register online? i think you should register online and add your receipt number there to see the case history!

i think we were just making an inquiry or the service request as mentioned by shael728. Zyam, did you register online? i think you should register online and add your receipt number there to see the case history!
@CWH, where did you register? I didn't know that I can register online and see some activity about my case.

Thank you , @CWH, I just created account and checked my case. I have the same things as you, only the date for sending response and completing inquiry is May 1st. I got email from them on May 1st saying only case is pending and nothing else. Apparently, they don't want to approve it yet.

Thank you , @CWH, I just created account and checked my case. I have the same things as you, only the date for sending response and completing inquiry is May 1st. I got email from them on May 1st saying only case is pending and nothing else. Apparently, they don't want to approve it yet.
how could it be May 1? i remember you called USCIS the same day but before me. You gave me the information about your call and then I called. you know, they might process the cases on last-in-first-out, who knows? wait until monday, and your case status might turn into CPO. if not, i suggest that you call them again. they did ask quite a lot of questions to process my request, and the rep that i talked to had some accents and spoke pretty fast, which i had to ask her to repeat many times to make sure that i answered the questions correctly. so you have to make sure that you understand the questions properly before you answer.

how could it be May 1? i remember you called USCIS the same day but before me. You gave me the information about your call and then I called. you know, they might process the cases on last-in-first-out, who knows? wait until monday, and your case status might turn into CPO. if not, i suggest that you call them again. they did ask quite a lot of questions to process my request, and the rep that i talked to had some accents and spoke pretty fast, which i had to ask her to repeat many times to make sure that i answered the questions correctly. so you have to make sure that you understand the questions properly before you answer.
Yes, it seems strange for me, too. I called the same day as you but they process my request only on May 1st. Dunno why. I think I'll wait till Friday. I have infopass appointment on Friday, hope they may tell me something new

Reactions: CWH
Hi All,

I reached U.S.A on Feb 2015 and immediately applied for my EAD card (I'm currently on L2 Visa). I applied it online and sent the required documents through the mail to VSC. As per USCIS website, the status of my application from Feb 18th, 2015 is that "the correspondence is getting reviewed".

I never received any appointment for biometrics. Is biometrics mandatory these days? I raised a service request after 75 days. USCIS responded to my request saying they cannot commit a time frame as to when the application will be processed.

Now, 90 days of processing time is completed. I called up again and raised a service request and at the same time fixed an appointment with the local USCIS office to check whether I'm eligible for interim EAD.

Has anyone faced the same scenario? I'm not sure why the application is pending for such a long time. How long does it take for processing the interim EAD? Please help.

i received my EAD card today. here is my timeline so far:

10/22/14: asylum application filed (chicago)
10/24/14: asylum's NOA
11/03/14: biometrics done
03/26/15: EAD application filed
03/30/15: EAD's NOA
04/30/15: service requested
05/06/15: EAD's CPO
05/13/15: EAD card received

still waiting anxiously for an interview!

Applied for my drivers license after getting ead and ssn.shortly will recieve my drivers permit soon
Good luck everyone

Hi,
Is there anyone who applied EAD in California? What's the processing time for getting EAD for pending asylum applicants?
150 days clock completed on 3rd May 2015
I765 received on 7th May
Status- Case is received

Reactions: v.j
Technically its 30 days, but if you do not hear from them when your 180 days are completed (150+30 after EAD application) then follow the guidelines as been discussed in this thread above.