Birth Certificate - India born migrated to pakistan

samadss

Registered Users (C)
My father was born in India in 1940 and then migrated to Pakistan. I applied for his GC, and USCIS is asking for a certificate on govt letter head that no birth certificate exist. Clearly we can't go to India and get that certificate. Should we go to the Indian embassy/consulate in NYC? Any other ideas/suggestions? We have already furnished an affidavit from his maternal aunt and his school certificate that lists his correct date of birth.

update

Indian consulate refused. but pakistani consulate issued us the birth certificate based on pakistani passport even though the place of birth is India.

My dad had the same problem when my brother(us citizen) applied for my parents. My dad was born in Agra India in 1946 but then migrated to Pakistan. My dad first sent affidavits stating from his friends that he was born india and migrated to pakistan but the USCIS denied it and told him to sent in a Birth Certificate. So he contacted his family member in pakistan and got a Birth certificate stating born in Agra india but ciitizen of pakistan so USCIS accepted that and then he got his green card in 2008.

PLEASE NEED HELP

my paternal grand mother was born in india in jodIa in 1914, she had pakistan passport, i have her passport. she passed away..
need to issue her birth certificate please advise
the reason is to apply OCI card for me as a foreign national passport holder from india