Birth Date Issue - real vs documented

bonbonito

I am a Green Card holder. My younger sister lives in India. I was born in Oct-1975 and she was born in Sep-1976. I used her real birth date (Sep-1976) at the time of my Green Card filing.

Now when I was starting to prepare for her tourist visa, I realized that her passport shows her birth date as Sep-1975. This happened because my father registered her age same as mine at the time of school admission so that we both could start schooling together. This used to be in practice back in 70s in villages in India as schools did not ask for any birth records and accepted whatever parents reported.

I am in a fix which date to mention in her tourist visa form. Technically, it should be the same as written on her passport. But then it won't match with my Green Card records with USCIS also it would show her 1 month older to me on papers.

If I give her real birth date, it does not match with her passport and she does not have her birth certificate.

How should we handle this situation? Please guide.

My birth date : Oct-1975
My sister's birth date : Sep-1975 (on her passport & all the certificates) and Sep-1976 (real and also mentioned in my GC records with USCIS)

Thanks for your suggestion. I wonder if that can be done without her birth certificate. Would the passport authorities accept and change it to her real birth date without any evidences? Her passport was made by using her high school graduation certificate (which has the wrong birth year).

Is it possible that my parents prepare an affidavit stating that her real birth year is 1976 and get that notarized, and we submit that affidavit with her visa filing documents to US Counselor? Would that work?

Please advise.

Some "in lieu of birth certificate" document will be needed for sure, at least for her GC process. I cannot comment about what the Indian passport authorities will need in order to correct her passport date of birth.

Nowhere has OP mentioned anything about sister's GC. Sister appears to be filing for a tourist visa.

Parents, and perhaps another close relative or two, could prepare notarized affidavit(s) and try to for an updated passport with the correct DoB. Won't be easy, but things in that part of the world "work" in certain ways.