Case in line for interview - N400 - NYC Field Office

Emma_rania

Hello
I applied for the n400 citizenship application on December 23rd 2014, did my biometrics on January 20th and finally got an update today, May 4th, that my case in in line for interview. I should receive a notice as soon as the interview is scheduled.

Does anyone has experience with the interview/oath scheduling with the New York City office?

I will probably be out of the country by mid o end of June to spend the summer with my family back home, and I am wondering if the process will be over by then.

Any thoughts/input will be appreciated!

Thanks!

Hi I was just wondering how your case has come along? My wife seems to have EXACTLY the same dates as you (well almost - applied 20th Dec / Biometrics 15th Jan). She ONLY JUST got put in line for interview today June 26th 2015!!! Can't believe it's taken 6 months. Anyway, we were with Queens Processing Office, but it seems they've transferred all cases to the New York City office. Not sure if that will mean the process will take longer. Have you had your interview letter yet?

Are there any other NYC filers out there who were with Queens that have been moved to NYC??

Hello,
All the best for your wife's interview coming up.
I received my interview notice on May 7th and my interview took place on June 8th at the federal building in Manhattan.
After the officer reviewed my papers (I also provided additional documentation for my case such as bills with both our names, bank statements, leases...), took the civics question and English language reading and writing, she indicated that I passed all the 3 parts of the interview. However she could not make a decision yet as my file was digitized and she had to review before making a decision.
She indicated they I should receive a letter with the decision within 60 to 90 days. This should include the appointment for the oath ceremony.
So I still have a bit of time to wait to complete this process.
It is indeed a bit long!
All the best!

Wow, they really do drag their feet......

Anyway, hope you receive your Oath letter shortly - I anticipate that you will.

I wanted to know how long it too from your being put "in line for interview" to actually getting your interview. My wife hasn't actually received her interview date/letter as yet, but she's just received an email and SMS telling her that she is now "in line for interview". I'm just trying to gauge how long this 'line' actually is.

Thanks Again.....

Hello
I received an alert as well on May 4th 'case in line for interview'. On the 5th, I received another alert letting me know that an appointment for an interview had been set up and a letter would be sent out.
I received the appointment letter via usps on May 11th with my appointment for June 8th.
Hope this helps!
All the best to your wife. Hopefully you will get an interview date soon.
Take care

Oh right, so you got your 'in line for interview' and another SMS telling you that your interview had been schedule one day after another? Nice, so at least we know (hopefully) that the interview date should be with us with a few days. Hopefully anyway.

My wife only just got her 'in line for interview on June 26th', so we're hope that she has her interview date soon.

Yes I did get it within a matter of s few hours, which I was quite surprised.
Your wife should be getting scdate rather quickly now, knowing you got the message a few days ago.
I don't know the processing times in the queens office, but it was rather quick in Manhattan.
All the best!
Let me know when you get the good news!
Cheers