URGENT interview for CRBA tomorrow (denied one time before)

mostrillo

Please if someone could help me

Hello... I am a US citizen and in 2010 I applied for my daughters citizenship when she was a new born in the Mexican Consulate.
I couldn't provide at that time enough evidence of physical presence, just a few school records but weren't enough to prove the 5 years requirement. I explained that I was helping my sister taking care of her children while she worked but didn't have legal documents to prove that.
Now I got some new evidence, my Sister's Tax Statements where it states I was her dependent for those years, when I was taking care of her children while she worked.
Will this be good evidence? It only appear my name and the fact that I was her dependent.
and first of all can i re apply? since I already did it once and was denied.

Since it was denied... and nobody informed me about the IR2 visa, I went ahead and get my daughter a normal tourist B1/B2 visa...

can I still get her an IR2 visa? will this work for me to get her the citizenship?

Should I go to the interview tomorrow or will it be a waste of money?

Thanks in advance... hope you can help me!!!

Well, it's past your CRBA interview already, hope that went well. If not, your child can receive citizenship by obtaining an IR2 immigrant visa (green card) and moving to the US, but only if your child resides in the US together with you for some (unspecified) period of time prior to turning 18 years of age. Mere entry into the US is not enough. What is needed is the green card, entry into the US, and residence in the US together with a US citizen parent, all before the child turns 18 years old. Once these conditions are fulfilled, the child automatically receives citizenship under INA §320.

Well, it's past your CRBA interview already, hope that went well. If not, your child can receive citizenship by obtaining an IR2 immigrant visa (green card) and moving to the US, but only if your child resides in the US together with you for some (unspecified) period of time prior to turning 18 years of age. Mere entry into the US is not enough. What is needed is the green card, entry into the US, and residence in the US together with a US citizen parent, all before the child turns 18 years old. Once these conditions are fulfilled, the child automatically receives citizenship under INA §320.
Or they can get the child naturalized while under 18 without moving to the U.S. under INA 322.

Anyway, the child has U.S. citizenship; it's just that they have insufficient evidence to prove it.

I just looked at the requirements for CRBAs in Mexico and I am shocked by the amount of documentation required. Ultrasound records? Western Union money transfer receipts? Proof the couple was together at time of conception? I have multiple kids with CRBAs from various countries and none of their applications required this much documentation.

INA 322 is an option if your parent (the child's grandparent) is a US citizen.