• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

That really is worth appreciating. I love this family. I thank everyone on the page most especially moderators, Britsmo U have been wonderful n I really for son personal reasons like thowa very much. Buddy don't worry I believe U n other left are good to go. My family especially my mum is more worried n that is the only thing I wory about. I hate to see my mum wory coz of me. Thank U all.
The main interview after the normal proccessing
CO: raise ur hand bla bla... To swear
Me. I do
CO: what did U change from entry to now
Me: nothing
Co: U have changed something
Me: what pls
Co: our data shows double enry with another name iddrisu alhassan n a change in country of birth.

Hmmmm
Honestly I have been taking by a big suprise. I wish I can see the picture of that entry she is claiming. For long time I can't figure out how n don't think of any body to really make an entry for me. What makes me even feel there is really something wrong is the claim in the change in country of birth, this is not something anybody will do for me.

They decide n I have accepted it faithfully. I don't want to keep on worying about what I can never figure out. Maybe ALLAH will tell me on judgement. I really can't n won't figure it out.
Once again to this family thanks very much n don't ever think U will be denied coz someone get denied. Go for green. I don't won't to believe their data can be wrong. So my story ends.

Dollar is still GHC4 n I was the second to go for dv out of around 12 cases n we were all denied for different reasons.

Well, it seems the simple oversight during name entry itself had nothing to do with it, does it? Which, in my humble opinion, would have been rather surprising...
we obviously know from the response by @oBj, that, the reason for the denial was solely not based on the inconsistency in the names on the Edv and the Ds forms, but the changes in the place of birth as well. Of cause should you be the CO, you will be so astonished to learn that an applicant is not aware of changes in his own bio data. This surely may inform the CO that there has been Agency work somewhere. May we all learn something good from this. I will only advice @oBj to go back to his printed DS forms and re check to see if indeed what the CO is saying is actually true. Better Luck next time @oBj, Almighty Allah has a very genuine reason to why this denial. Tell mummy to take hold of her self for as wai.. My light at the end of the Tunnel. You've proved you are a true member of this forum.

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Reactions: oBj
That really is worth appreciating. I love this family. I thank everyone on the page most especially moderators, Britsmo U have been wonderful n I really for son personal reasons like thowa very much. Buddy don't worry I believe U n other left are good to go. My family especially my mum is more worried n that is the only thing I wory about. I hate to see my mum wory coz of me. Thank U all.
Me. I do
Co: our data shows double enry with another name iddrisu alhassan n a change in country of birth.

Hmmmm
Honestly I have been taking by a big suprise. I wish I can see the picture of that entry she is claiming. For long time I can't figure out how n don't think of any body to really make an entry for me. What makes me even feel there is really something wrong is the claim in the change in country of birth, this is not something anybody will do for me.

They decide n I have accepted it faithfully. I don't want to keep on worying about what I can never figure out. Maybe ALLAH will tell me on judgement. I really can't n won't figure it out.
Once again to this family thanks very much n don't ever think U will be denied coz someone get denied. Go for green. I don't won't to believe their data can be wrong. So my story ends.

Dollar is still GHC4 n I was the second to go for dv out of around 12 cases n we were all denied for different reasons.
Hmm sorry bro. That hurts. Try the next entry if you will. Good luck in all your endevours.

we obviously know from the response by @oBj, that, the reason for the denial was solely not based on the inconsistency in the names on the Edv and the Ds forms, but the changes in the place of birth as well. Of cause should you be the CO, you will be so astonished to learn that an applicant is not aware of changes in his own bio data. This surely may inform the CO that there has been Agency work somewhere. May we all learn something good from this. I will only advice @oBj to go back to his printed DS forms and re check to see if indeed what the CO is saying is actually true. Better Luck next time @oBj, Almighty Allah has a very genuine reason to why this denial. Tell mummy to take hold of her self for as wai.. My light at the end of the Tunnel. You've proved you are a true member of this forum.

hmmmmmmmmmmmm
is like U R getting my reason wrong. Check again. Thank U very much broda

Me. I do

Hmmmm

@oBj did u by any chance ask the other dv winners the reasons for their denial?

Me. I do

Hmmmm

Wow - that REALLY sucks. It sounds like you have been a victim of a coincidence with another entrant. I wonder what connected you to that entry????

It sounds like you are taking it well and whilst this must be a huge disappointment, it is hopefully just a small bump in the road. Apply again - and with luck you will be selected with case number AF000000001

Me. I do

Hmmmm

wow, have you ever given your details to an agent maybe years ago? I know of a case where the agent entered the lottery with the details of a guy who visited the agent years ago. The country of birth was also changed.
Wow - that REALLY sucks. It sounds like you have been a victim of a coincidence with another entrant. I wonder what connected you to that entry????

It sounds like you are taking it well and whilst this must be a huge disappointment, it is hopefully just a small bump in the road. Apply again - and with luck you will be selected with case number AF000000001

what about the photo in that entry? the names can be same but the photo can not.

Last edited:
"With the high refusal rate in Accra. I
don't know how safe I am with this
issue
Entry name(initial dv lottery entry);
Surname: IDDRISU ALI
Firstname: ALHASSAN
Full name: IDDRISU ALI ALHASSAN
All other documents(including ds260)
Surname: IDDRISU
firstmane: ALI ALHASSAN
I was in Niger and registered over there
in a cafe and communication was a
problem and state of chageability is also
Niger instead of Ghana but that I learnt
won't affect it.
How serious is this especially in Accra.
Guess i don't have a chace"
Britsinon this is what Obj posted about his issue. Could be that the CO was right with regards to change of country of birth?

wow, have you ever given your details to an agent maybe years ago? I know of a case where the agent entered the lottery with the details of a guy who visited the agent years ago. The country of birth was also changed.

what about the photo in that entry? the names can be same but the photo can not.
seeing the picture on the claimed entry could have been the only way to undastnd.
U make the analysis n learn from it. I don't want to worry on it coz I won't understand

ObJ life still goes on. Apply again as Britsimon instructed. So sad. Be strong bro
my only worry is that people that include this family are worried
Kingdee my refusal das not mean anybody is at risk the proccess really is cool. Just go U get it in shaa ALLAH

I won't be hypocrite to say I didn't desire. I honestly loved it but onething to know is we seek greener pastures with travelling but home can also be green if ALLAH wills. when one door closes another is opened for us but usually we look so much to the close door that we dont see the one opened for us. Stop worrying n know that everything happens for a reason.
U should have been telling me this

"With the high refusal rate in Accra. I
don't know how safe I am with this
issue
Entry name(initial dv lottery entry);
Surname: IDDRISU ALI
Firstname: ALHASSAN
All other documents(including ds260)
Surname: IDDRISU
firstmane: ALI ALHASSAN
I was in Niger and registered over there
in a cafe and communication was a
problem and state of chageability is also
Niger instead of Ghana but that I learnt
won't affect it.
How serious is this especially in Accra.
Guess i don't have a chace"
Britsinon this is what Obj posted about his issue. Could be that the CO was right with regards to change of country of birth?

Thanks for digging that up @KingDee. I'm certain the denial had to do with the chargeability country. That error ordinarily wouldn't have resulted in a denial under normal circumstances as it didn't confer any undue advantage to the selectee. But because this has to do with a selectee from Ghana and they're trying to clamp down on their activities of agents there, the error was treated as a fraudulent attempt hence the denial.

u
Thanks for digging that up @KingDee. I'm certain the denial had to do with the chargeability country. That error ordinarily wouldn't have resulted in a denial under normal circumstances as it didn't confer any undue advantage to the selectee. But because this has to do with a selectee from Ghana and they're trying to clamp down on their activities of agents there, the error was treated as a fraudulent attempt hence the denial.
are U saying a story was cooked for me?

u

are U saying a story was cooked for me?

What do you mean by "a story was cooked" for you?

You clearly stated when you registered for the eDV, your chargeability was listed as Niger, when it clearly should have been Ghana since your country of birth is Ghana.

Now, my guess is when you filled out your DS-260 form, you listed Ghana as your chargeability/country of birth. I'm able to deduce this because you stated that the CO asked you "what did U change from entry to now" and you answered "nothing", following which he CO said "you changed something" and that their system shows you have an entry with a different country of birth listed. Now, I know what you actually stated is that the CO said "our data shows double entry with another name ... n a change in country of birth". I'm not sure what the "double entry" statement is all about, maybe you mis-heard or misunderstood the CO, but I'm convinced the denial has to do with the changed chargeability.

What do you mean by "a story was cooked" for you?

You clearly stated when you registered for the eDV, your chargeability was listed as Niger, when it clearly should have been Ghana since your country of birth is Ghana.

Now, my guess is when you filled out your DS-260 form, you listed Ghana as your chargeability/country of birth. I'm able to deduce this because you stated that the CO asked you "what did U change from entry to now" and you answered "nothing", following which he CO said "you changed something" and that their system shows you have an entry with a different country of birth listed. Now, I know what you actually stated is that the CO said "our data shows double entry with another name ... n a change in country of birth". I'm not sure what the "double entry" statement is all about, maybe you mis-heard or misunderstood the CO, but I'm convinced the denial has to do with the changed chargeability.
thanks so much mum but she did also mention that the claim entry has the name IDDRISU ALHASSAN which I have never stated my name like this without ALI after basic school

N sorry I misunderstood U mum.
You see why I feel I can't understand without seeing the pic of the claim entry

thanks so much mum but she did also mention that the claim entry has the name IDDRISU ALHASSAN which I have never stated my name like this without ALI after basic school

It's possible the CO simply didn't mention the middle name, ALI, when speaking with you. The only thing that still stands out to me is the chargeability issue. Maybe if you had explained the language communication difficulty you had when you were trying to do the eDV registration, instead of saying "nothing" when the CO asked about possible changes you had made, things might have been a bit clearer and the outcome could have been possibly different.

Of course this is all speculation and water under the bridge for now, the conclusion in this forum will not change the outcome unfortunately.

N sorry I misunderstood U mum.
You see why I feel I can't understand without seeing the pic of the claim entry

I wasn't upset with your post, I just didn't understand what you were trying to say. But thanks for trying to clarify it.