• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Egyptians meet here

Congratulations buddy :) looking forward to hear your interview story
First of all, many thanks to Britsimon & SusieQQQ & Sm1smom.
Interview details:
1- My appointment was 7:30 am, we arrived 6:40, start queuing 6:50 am , the security asked for our 2nd letter, photos, Aramex registration.
2- Don't carry any electronic, chargers, Bluetooth, head sets, they will keep only the mobile in their safety box, other elect. need to give any one else.
3- We entered at 7:00 and they gave us number and asked to sit to be called later.
4- 7:30 exactly, all counters had opened, our number is called to one window, one Egyptian lady checked all our documents carefully and filed them in her file, then asked me if i need to change the address in US, i told her yes and i gave her the new address, then she gave me paper to pay 330$ for each applicant total 4 people.
5- I paid , you can pay by Credit card or cash...
6- Then we waited about 45 min then our number is called.
7- The officer was a very nice American smiling Gentleman.
8- Hi.........Swear all the doc are correct........
9- What is the name of your high school? University?
10- Where are you working?...I told him.... I'm working in China from? for how long??? I told from 9 years....Then he asked me do you speak Chinese? , i told him yes a little but my wife& my kids speak fluent Chinese then he laugh.....
11- Then he asked me where do you plan to live in US? I told him Bay Area CA....
12- He asked me have you been there? I told him yes...last Sept.
13- Then asked my about my friend who i include his address in Bay Area? Where he lives? What does he work? From how long time do i know him?.........
14- Then asked me will you find a job there? I told him yes i have searched and its easy to find my job as I'm a production Manager ....
15- Then he asked when will you go..??
16- Asked for finger prints for me, my wife & me again on behalf of my kids.
17- Then SMILING CONGRATULATIONS....and give me guidance congratulations paper to pay 165 usd online per person.

By the way, all the previous interview just took less than 2 min..He just heard 1 or 2 words from each answer and move his head and confirming the information from his computer with an impressive way.

Thanks again for everyone, I really benefit a lot from this forum, specially for my High school certificate, and for my army exemption certificate which they asked for.

Interview details:
1- My appointment was 7:30 am, we arrived 6:40, start queuing 6:50 am , the security asked for our 2nd letter, photos, Aramex registration.
2- Don't carry any electronic, chargers, Bluetooth, head sets, they will keep only the mobile in their safety box, other elect. need to give any one else.
3- We entered at 7:00 and they gave us number and asked to sit to be called later.
4- 7:30 exactly, all counters had opened, our number is called to one window, one Egyptian lady checked all our documents carefully and filed them in her file, then asked me if i need to change the address in US, i told her yes and i gave her the new address, then she gave me paper to pay 330$ for each applicant total 4 people.
10- Where are you working?...I told him.... I'm working in China from? for how long??? I told from 9 years....Then he asked me do you speak Chinese? , i told him yes a little but my wife& my kids speak fluent Chinese then he laugh.....
11- Then he asked me where do you plan to live in US? I told him Bay Area CA....
13- Then asked my about my friend who i include his address in Bay Area? Where he lives? What does he work? From how long time do i know him?.........
14- Then asked me will you find a job there? I told him yes i have searched and its easy to find my job as I'm a production Manager ....
17- Then SMILING CONGRATULATIONS....and give me guidance congratulations paper to pay 165 usd online per person.

By the way, all the previous interview just took less than 2 min..He just heard 1 or 2 words from each answer and move his head and confirming the information from his computer with an impressive way.

Thanks again for everyone, I really benefit a lot from this forum, specially for my High school certificate, and for my army exemption certificate which they asked for.

Congratulations and all the best with your move.

Interview details:

Congratulations man, I'm really happy for you, wish you the best

Congratulations @Sam16XXX wish you the best in your life. I would be grateful if you can give a glince about the submitted documents. Thanks
I have provided:
Arabic birth certificates+ copy + Original Translated ones too....
Arabic marriage certificate + copy + Original Translated one too....
Arabic High school cert. + copy + Original Translated one too....
Arabic University cert. + copy + Original Translated one too....
Arabic Military cert. + copy + Original Translated one too....
Feesh wa tashbeeh + translated one.....
No criminal record from my 3rd country which i'm working in.
2 photos for each applicant with their size spec.
Sealed envelop of medical test, no need to hand carry the X-Ray at the interview.
Aramex registration bar-code
2nd notification letter.
330 usd per applicant ( you can pay by credit card as well)
The address in USA you intend to land in.( if its different than the one you filled in 260 form )
I was preparing many bank statements, property,car license in 2 countries,...etc.....but they haven't asked me to show them any financial proof as i believe that the officer is very professional to recognize each case by case as for some cases i read here they ask who paid you the 33o$, who is your sponsor and ask for many financial proof to avoid being public charge.
I hope this will be useful for everyone to be well organised......

What about if I still didn't do military service? I am still 21 and haven't finished college yet. What certificate should I bring to the consulate? [I'm free to travel outside Egypt even if I still didn't do my military service, but I need to know what paper to bring about that?]

What about if I still didn't do military service? I am still 21 and haven't finished college yet. What certificate should I bring to the consulate? [I'm free to travel outside Egypt even if I still didn't do my military service, but I need to know what paper to bring about that?]
You better send an email to the US embassy in Cairo asking about your specific case.

What should i do if i don't know someone in the usa
shall i leave the address empty and fill it in the airport?
or shall i rent a temporary mailbox? before the interview