EAD: Card Was Ordered To Be Produced

congrats. what date did USCIS received your application? i am waiting for mine to be approved. mine was received march 30.
Hi
Mine was also received on march 30.
But i called them on april 22 nd to ask about my application status.and next day in the evening my status changed to approved.
Try this hopefully it will work for you aswell

Reactions: CWH
Hi
Mine was also received on march 30.
But i called them on april 22 nd to ask about my application status.and next day in the evening my status changed to approved.
Try this hopefully it will work for you aswell
our timeline is essentially the same, just a few days off. today (04/24/2015) is my 181th day of my asylum application, but 21st day of my EAD application. however, my EAD case status is still pending for approval. which asylum office is yours? mine is chicago.

i'm sure you will get your card soon and good luck for the job search. i will have to keep waiting :(

Mine is new york.
Better call them as i told you..
Best of luck
Hello, Shael728. Can you tell me what number did you call? I want to try it to see if it might work in my case. I am renewing my ead and need it asap. Hope it works. I recently got recommended approval for asylum but as I can see from this forum, it might take really long time to get final decision.

Hello, Shael728. Can you tell me what number did you call? I want to try it to see if it might work in my case. I am renewing my ead and need it asap. Hope it works. I recently got recommended approval for asylum but as I can see from this forum, it might take really long time to get final decision.
@shael728, i am curious of it myself. can you tell us the number that you called to inquire about your case. i will give them a call too on monday. thanks!

@shael728, i am curious of it myself. can you tell us the number that you called to inquire about your case. i will give them a call too on monday. thanks!
CWH, I think it is the number you have when you check your case status online, it is printed in the message - Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283.

CWH, I think it is the number you have when you check your case status online, it is printed in the message - Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283.
thanks @Zyam. i will try it on monday and hopefully my case status will be approved after the call! good luck to you too!

Hey, CWH, did you call? got any update about your ead?
yes i called yesterday, and the voice system just said the exact same thing as in the USCIS website. i didn't go further to talk to a person. and as of today (185th day after my asylum application, 28th day after my EAD. application), my EAD status is still stuck at "received" :(

yes i called yesterday, and the voice system just said the exact same thing as in the USCIS website. i didn't go further to talk to a person. and as of today (185th day after my asylum application, 28th day after my EAD. application), my EAD status is still stuck at "received" :(
hi, CWH, i called this number today and spoke with representative. He even said that I can apply for interim ead and did the process for it for me. so you should call and it might forward your ead case. Just choose option number 2( do not have receipt number or lost it) instead of 1 where you need to enter your case number. I was connected with representative really fast

Last edited:
hi, CWH, i called this number today and spoke with representative. He even said that I can apply for interim ead and did the process for it for me. so you should call and it might forward your ead case. Just choose option number 2( do not have receipt number or lost it) instead of 1 where you need to enter your case number. I was connected with representative really fast
hi @Zyam, thank you so much for the information on how to get to talk to an officer. i did get to talk to one and she went ahead and request for an interim EAD for me as well. i got a confirmation number, and she told me to wait either on an email or a mail within 30 days.

i am just curious how the interim EAD works. how long is the interim EAD valid? what will happen to the original EAD application? is there anything else that i have to do at this point? and do i really have to wait for another 30 days to get something from USCIS and wait another only-god-know-how-long days to get my interim card in the mail?

i am just curious how the interim EAD works. how long is the interim EAD valid? what will happen to the original EAD application? is there anything else that i have to do at this point? and do i really have to wait for another 30 days to get something from USCIS and wait another only-god-know-how-long days to get my interim card in the mail?
Interim ead is like temporary work authotization while your ead case is in process. I read that they usually dont issue interim ead but process your original one. interim ead valid for 240 days or until you get your ead you applied for. The officer told me that usually they review interim cases in 5 business days but it may take longer. So he told me that I might get answer by May 5th.

Interim ead is like temporary work authotization while your ead case is in process. I read that they usually dont issue interim ead but process your original one. interim ead valid for 240 days or until you get your ead you applied for. The officer told me that usually they review interim cases in 5 business days but it may take longer. So he told me that I might get answer by May 5th.

@Zyam, i read it somewhere in the forum as well that USCIS no longer issues interim EAD. i was surprised when you told me that you called and someone helped you to request an interim EAD for you. well, the only thing we could do for now is wait and wait! by the way, i just saw your good news. congrats!!!

@Zyam, i read it somewhere in the forum as well that USCIS no longer issues interim EAD. i was surprised when you told me that you called and someone helped you to request an interim EAD for you. well, the only thing we could do for now is wait and wait! by the way, i just saw your good news. congrats!!!
Thank you, CWH. I just hope it won't take long time to get final decision. I've waited almost 3 years. Tired of waiting. Hope u get yours case approved soon

Don' waste your time with interim EAD.
Although it says USCIS will provide it but they won't.
I took the appointment and went there and I was told that it was no longer issued and all we can do is wait.
Althought law says EAD decision should be given to pending asylum within 30 days, they still take 90 days.

Don' waste your time with interim EAD.
Although it says USCIS will provide it but they won't.
I took the appointment and went there and I was told that it was no longer issued and all we can do is wait.
Althought law says EAD decision should be given to pending asylum within 30 days, they still take 90 days.
based on the timeframe that the office gave me, i agree with you that the request for an interim EAD wouldn't help alleviate the waiting. however, if an interim EAD is an additional option we could choose without losing anything, i suggest that anyone waiting for EAD card longer than 30 days go ahead and request it.

just minutes ago, my case status has changed to CPO. so, the request for interim EAD helped expedite the original EAD status? i don't know! but i am glad it works!

@Zyam how is it going with you? i do hope you get your card very soon too!