• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv2016 entry date

I am not really sure if you are just kidding or really don't understand how the processing of the lottery works....

Let's see once again....

So you entered in Oct last year....like most of us who entered the DV2016 (note how it says 2016?).

The actual DRAW then is always a few months later, in fact in this case it will be on 5th May 2015. (note how it says DRAW?)

It is on or after that date that you can check WHETHER OR NOT you were even selected (drawn from the pool of the millions of entrants)...currently you (hopefully) have your entry details noted down or saved somewhere, so you can log in and check on or after that date.

So essentially, you have NOTHING that would say you will even be considered.

In case you WILL be selected, your case number (different from your entry code) will give you an INDICATION of when, if at all, you might expect an interview date (roughly).

No OTG - he really knows he is selected.

I am not really sure if you are just kidding or really don't understand how the processing of the lottery works....

Let's see once again....

So you entered in Oct last year....like most of us who entered the DV2016 (note how it says 2016?).

The actual DRAW then is always a few months later, in fact in this case it will be on 5th May 2015. (note how it says DRAW?)

It is on or after that date that you can check WHETHER OR NOT you were even selected (drawn from the pool of the millions of entrants)...currently you (hopefully) have your entry details noted down or saved somewhere, so you can log in and check on or after that date.

In case you WILL be selected, your case number (different from your entry code) will give you an INDICATION of when, if at all, you might expect an interview date (roughly).
I really appreciate your thorough explanation.
You mentioned the 5th of May, however there are plenty of people that have already been preselected for DV2016 on this forum, and they have known this for months. How can it be?

You mentioned the 5th of May, however there are plenty of people that have already been preselected for DV2016 on this forum, and they have known this for months. How can it be?

What do you consider by the word 'preselection'? I think you are confused and mean just plain and simple an ENTRY submission code.
Call it a lottery ticket number. Of course plenty of people (all of them in fact) have known their entry codes for months...in fact I can tell you exactly for how long.
Here is the secret formula:

[Today's date] - [Your lottery entry date] = Secret time frame since knowing that you were entered into the lottery DRAW.

Here is the other secret code:

[Date of draw] - [Today's date] = Secret time frame until you will know if you are SELECTED.

Fill in the blanks and Bob's your uncle ;)

Last edited:
What do you consider by word 'preselection'? I think you are confused and mean just plain and simple an ENTRY submission code.
Call it a lottery ticket number. Of course plenty of people have known their entry codes for months...in fact I can tell you exactly for how long.

[Today's date] - [Your lottery entry date] = Secret time frame since knowing that you were entered into the lottery DRAW.

[Date of draw] - [Today's date] = Secret time frame until you will know if you are SELECTED.

No, OTG, there is already a 2016 winners thread full of people who seem to know that they have been selected, and they are just waiting for KCC to confirm what a higher power has already told them. Or something.

No, OTG, there is already a 2016 winners thread full of people who seem to know that they have been selected, and they are just waiting for KCC to confirm what a higher power has already told them. Or something.

I'll go with the "Or something" statement ;)

What do you consider by the word 'preselection'? I think you are confused and mean just plain and simple an ENTRY submission code.
Call it a lottery ticket number. Of course plenty of people (all of them in fact) have known their entry codes for months...in fact I can tell you exactly for how long.

No, my uncle's name is Slava.
However, my wife has an uncle named Bobby. How do you know?

Hahahha' till now 10 people already know and they are sure they won' especially from countries that i have a very very very high entrant numbers' funny though

I know this has turned into a silly / sarcastic thread but anyway..

IMHO the CNs were allocated a long time ago and they spend the remaining time before 5 May removing dodgy (multi-entry, bad photo etc) submissions.

IMHO the CNs were allocated a long time ago and they spend the remaining time before 5 May removing dodgy (multi-entry, bad photo etc) submissions.

You mean CNs allocated to actual entries? Possibly...I always thought they might 'add' some people to the 'winners list' prior to the actual 'draw' date, so as to ensure the right 'mix' of the 'diversity'. LOL.

Well, we know the CNs get allocated before they remove disqualified entries, that is why there are holes.
Then they have to program all the 1NLs, etc.
So yes, they don't draw the numbers the same day they announce them.
But that's quite a different process to someone "knowing" that, because they believe in God A, B or C** that they have been selected and not just that, but selected with a low CN.

**Judging by the small sample in the thread, atheists do not qualify for preselection.

You mean CNs allocated to actual entries? Possibly...I always thought they might 'add' some people to the 'winners list' prior to the actual 'draw' date, so as to ensure the right 'mix' of the 'diversity'. LOL.

The right mix is determined by the regional quotas. They don't need to fiddle the numbers.

To all Preselectees,
I know my recent posts may have seemed sarcastic. Of course, it sounds arrogant when someone unknown is pulling your leg in writing, over the forum. No doubt, I have no business judging other people's ways to express their desire to win the DV.
I do appologize.
I didn't really mean no sarcasm. I was just playing. As a matter of fact, I find the preselection attitude rather endearing, and I hope y'all are chosen for real.
I was called an "idiot", and I think I deserve that, I really am..

Last edited:
Hahahah now i started to like u! Yes everyone in this forum read some story about the universe thing and they started to act like they won! So the universe beleive them in some mystry way! And they will win! Hahahahhaba! Its lottery! Its luck! U continue ur life! If u won! Then good for u! If not! Well u have to continue ur life! And move on! Not beleive that u won! And start to see booking the tickes and the rates of the tickets, and ask abt how much the medicals cost! Hahahahahah very weird people whereas u still didnt win!

Judging by the small sample in the thread, atheists do not qualify for preselection.

Oh shoot!! Well, probably for the best. We know that all Americans are red, white and blue blooded God fearing folk.

They'd probably resurrect the Salem witch trials just for me if I did get preselected.

To all Preselectees,
I know my recent posts may have seemed sarcastic. Of course, it sounds arrogant when someone unknown is pulling your leg in writing, over the forum. No doubt, I have no business judging other people's ways to express their desire to win the DV.
I do appologize.
I didn't really mean no sarcasm. I was just playing. As a matter of fact, I find the preselection attitude rather endearing, and I hope y'all are chosen for real.

Yes, apparently only people who have been pre-selected are allowed to fill the forum with nonsense posts without being labelled "idiots" (was that in a PM btw?)

To all Preselectees,
I do appologize.

Awww - I quite liked the playing.... and I am quite sure you are not an idiot.