• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

What you seem to be suggesting won't work and neither would be legal. Thank you for considering the offer with presumably good intentions, though.
Given the circumstances of your reported case, and your access to the Internet and other information sources, have your considered looking into some of the following options, from US side and similar programs from EU and other asylum providers? http://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/refugees-asylum/asylum
The original post seems to have been deleted - no problem from my end. Now, as the original posting is gone, can you please delete my response as well, otherwise it does not seem to make much sense right now, standing on its own and all... Thanks!

Good morning all
a friend of mine won DV 2015 , his letter was issued 21 may 2014 yet he came to know about it in january 2015 . he did fill the application on line and hs case is AS 8XXX . i have the following questions
1. he says that KCC did not ask for the documintation and said thatit will be only required in the interview. is this true ? shouldnt the paper work be sent in advance for the application processing?
2. as he filled his application late (early january ) does he still have a chance ?

Good morning all
a friend of mine won DV 2015 , his letter was issued 21 may 2014 yet he came to know about it in january 2015 . he did fill the application on line and hs case is AS 8XXX . i have the following questions
1. he says that KCC did not ask for the documintation and said thatit will be only required in the interview. is this true ? shouldnt the paper work be sent in advance for the application processing?
2. as he filled his application late (early january ) does he still have a chance ?

1. That is correct.
2. Yes he does.

hi britsimon, my interview is on 7th of may, i have all supporting documents, bt some one just talled me that i need to have a finatial statement of my friend in USA, but i see this was not among the document that was listed in the USA website as directed on tge status check up link. please ur opinion on that ,and if it may coz dismisal

hi britsimon, my interview is on 7th of may, i have all supporting documents, bt some one just talled me that i need to have a finatial statement of my friend in USA, but i see this was not among the document that was listed in the USA website as directed on tge status check up link. please ur opinion on that ,and if it may coz dismisal

We have discussed this here thousands of time. It shouldn't be a surprise this late in the year.

Where are you interviewing?

thank you . very much .
i understand you mean its correct that documents will not be required to be sent untill the interview . the reason im asking is i found it diffcuilt to verify information wioth out supporting doumintation
when you thing his number will be available for interveiw in august or later ?

sorry it was mistake
the qouestion was for Britsimon

thank you . very much .
i understand you mean its correct that documents will not be required to be sent untill the interview . the reason im asking is i found it diffcuilt to verify information wioth out supporting doumintation
when you thing his number will be available for interveiw in august or later ?

One quick question. I'm currently an student on an University (last grade, about to graduate) and in the DS-260 form I have put in the question about Highest Level of Education Completed - UNIVERSITY, NO DEGREE. I am now confused if I maybe made a mistake. I have a High School Diploma (total 12 years of school) but I am currently an student. Is that a mistake and if it is, is that a big deal, because I have High School diploma to prove 12 years of school?

One quick question. I'm currently an student on an University (last grade, about to graduate) and in the DS-260 form I have put in the question about Highest Level of Education Completed - UNIVERSITY, NO DEGREE. I am now confused if I maybe made a mistake. I have a High School Diploma (total 12 years of school) but I am currently an student. Is that a mistake and if it is, is that a big deal, because I have High School diploma to prove 12 years of school?

No big deal. THey are looking for the 12 years of elementary and secondary education.

Visa approveddddddddddd...... Cairo embassy.... I'll post the interview detsils sooooooon.
First of all, many thanks to Britsimon & SusieQQQ & Sm1smom.
Interview details:
1- My appointment was 7:30 am, we arrived 6:40, start queuing 6:50 am , the security asked for our 2nd letter, photos, Aramex registration.
2- Don't carry any electronic, chargers, Bluetooth, head sets, they will keep only the mobile in their safety box, other elect. need to give any one else.
3- We entered at 7:00 and they gave us number and asked to sit to be called later.
4- 7:30 exactly, all counters had opened, our number is called to one window, one Egyptian lady checked all our documents carefully and filed them in her file, then asked me if i need to change the address in US, i told her yes and i gave her the new address, then she gave me paper to pay 330$ for each applicant total 4 people.
5- I paid , you can pay by Credit card or cash...
6- Then we waited about 45 min then our number is called.
7- The officer was a very nice American smiling Gentleman.
8- Hi.........Swear all the doc are correct........
9- What is the name of your high school? University?
10- Where are you working?...I told him.... I'm working in China from? for how long??? I told from 9 years....Then he asked me do you speak Chinese? , i told him yes a little but my wife& my kids speak fluent Chinese then he laugh.....
11- Then he asked me where do you plan to live in US? I told him Bay Area CA....
12- He asked me have you been there? I told him yes...last Sept.
13- Then asked my about my friend who i include his address in Bay Area? Where he lives? What does he work? From how long time do i know him?.........
14- Then asked me will you find a job there? I told him yes i have searched and its easy to find my job as I'm a production Manager ....
15- Then he asked when will you go..??
16- Asked for finger prints for me, my wife & me again on behalf of my kids.
17- Then SMILING CONGRATULATIONS....and give me guidance congratulations paper to pay 165 usd online per person.

By the way, all the previous interview just took less than 2 min..He just heard 1 or 2 words from each answer and move his head and confirming the information from his computer with an impressive way.

Thanks again for everyone, I really benefit a lot from this forum, specially for my High school certificate, and for my army exemption certificate which they asked for.

First of all, many thanks to Britsimon & SusieQQQ & Sm1smom.
Interview details:
1- My appointment was 7:30 am, we arrived 6:40, start queuing 6:50 am , the security asked for our 2nd letter, photos, Aramex registration.
2- Don't carry any electronic, chargers, Bluetooth, head sets, they will keep only the mobile in their safety box, other elect. need to give any one else.
3- We entered at 7:00 and they gave us number and asked to sit to be called later.
4- 7:30 exactly, all counters had opened, our number is called to one window, one Egyptian lady checked all our documents carefully and filed them in her file, then asked me if i need to change the address in US, i told her yes and i gave her the new address, then she gave me paper to pay 330$ for each applicant total 4 people.
5- I paid , you can pay by Credit card or cash...
6- Then we waited about 45 min then our number is called.
7- The officer was a very nice American smiling Gentleman.
8- Hi.........Swear all the doc are correct........
9- What is the name of your high school? University?
10- Where are you working?...I told him.... I'm working in China from? for how long??? I told from 9 years....Then he asked me do you speak Chinese? , i told him yes a little but my wife& my kids speak fluent Chinese then he laugh.....
11- Then he asked me where do you plan to live in US? I told him Bay Area CA....
12- He asked me have you been there? I told him yes...last Sept.
13- Then asked my about my friend who i include his address in Bay Area? Where he lives? What does he work? From how long time do i know him?.........
14- Then asked me will you find a job there? I told him yes i have searched and its easy to find my job as I'm a production Manager ....
15- Then he asked when will you go..??
16- Asked for finger prints for me, my wife & me again on behalf of my kids.
17- Then SMILING CONGRATULATIONS....and give me guidance congratulations paper to pay 165 usd online per person.

By the way, all the previous interview just took less than 2 min..He just heard 1 or 2 words from each answer and move his head and confirming the information from his computer with an impressive way.

Thanks again for everyone, I really benefit a lot from this forum, specially for my High school certificate, and for my army exemption certificate which they asked for.
Congratulations! :)