does usa provide free education

ali sam

Hi all can someone answer my 2 questions
1_does us provide free education for asylum
2_ how much money does asylum office giving to asylum every month
please answer my questions

asylum office does not give money , but if you are asylum is approved you may qualify for cash assistance, post secondary education is not free , asylum applicants who are out of status have difficultly getting into university even if they paying their tuition

asylum office does not give money , but if you are asylum is approved you may qualify for cash assistance, post secondary education is not free , asylum applicants who are out of status have difficultly getting into university even if they paying their tuition
why out of status asylum applicants have difficulty getting into a university? in the state you live in? or you are saying it in general?

why out of status asylum applicants have difficulty getting into a university? in the state you live in? or you are saying it in general?

because universities would consider someone out of status as "international student " , the issue if you are out of status you cant change your status to F1 student the USCIS will deny you , in orer to change your status to F1 student you have to have a valid status

because universities would consider someone out of status as "international student " , the issue if you are out of status you cant change your status to F1 student the USCIS will deny you , in orer to change your status to F1 student you have to have a valid status

thanks for the info. the reason i asked because i thought asylum applicants could stay in the US without a visa so they wouldn't need to be on F1 status, and thus the school wouldnt have to issue them an I-20 and just enroll them as LPRs or USCs (without involving any immigration process, i mean). from what you said, it seemed to me that the school would require a non-LPR/USC to be on a non-immigration student status?

i dropped out from school before filing for asylum and had COS to another non-immigration status. and now i am out of status and thinking about going back to finish my study by just showing my pending asylum status to the international student office. well, ut's more complicated than i thought. anyway, i will check with my university about this.

thanks for the info. the reason i asked because i thought asylum applicants could stay in the US without a visa so they wouldn't need to be on F1 status, and thus the school wouldnt have to issue them an I-20 and just enroll them as LPRs or USCs (without involving any immigration process, i mean). from what you said, it seemed to me that the school would require a non-LPR/USC to be on a non-immigration student status?

i dropped out from school before filing for asylum and had COS to another non-immigration status. and now i am out of status and thinking about going back to finish my study by just showing my pending asylum status to the international student office. well, ut's more complicated than i thought. anyway, i will check with my university about this.

yeah you should ask the university and see what options do you have, but i am sure that the USCIS will not change your status to F1 if you are currently out of status .

yeah you should ask the university and see what options do you have, but i am sure that the USCIS will not change your status to F1 if you are currently out of status .
of course i dont want to go back to an F1 status and pay 12 credit hours per semester to maintain the fulltime status. like i said, i could be wrong but in my opinion, pending applicants with admission letter should be able to enroll classes with or without non-immigration student status as long as they have the right to stay legally. but who knows! and i think different schools have different policilies of their own to follow. you guys who are interested in going to school should chech with the school's international office to be sure before appling.