• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv2016 entry date

3amakmahmoud

hi, thought if everyone can submit there date of entry and everyone can write down his info , in order to see who will be lucky! Hope everyone will get lucky!

Entry date: 20 october 2014
Ya rab

hi, thought if everyone can submit there date of entry and everyone can write down his info , in order to see who will be lucky! Hope everyone will get lucky!

Ya rab
Hi, I entered on the 13th of October 2014.
I am from the democratic republic of Congo. I'm not waiting to see if I'm lucky.I am SELECTED.:)
Good luck to you and the others.

Ya rab
Remember, the lottery is random and not when you enter!

I entered the lottery on the 23rd of October 2014. Can anyone already selected tell me when my interview is?

Yes. October 14th. An angel told me. But sadly, you will be in AP. :oops:
My baseless estimate for Sensei-san's interview is May 31. This is supported by the fact that it is a Sunday. o_O

Your predictions are meaningless because Sensei-San did not tell us the exact time of submission of his entry. To be able to make an accurate prediction, one needs to add up all the numbers in the date and time (EST of course) of submission, divide by the number of entries, multiply by the number of valid entries, divide by 1.618, then map that to a date using a secret code only known to three people in KFC and one at the NSA. (Because didn't you know the whole DV process is just a conspiracy by the U.S. to gather data on innocent people elsewhere?)

Ya rab

I'm a little confused with your post, anyways ... isn't the below you?

12\08\2008 got my visas
GOD BLESS AMERICA
oh my god am not believing it , coming usa
case number AS17XXX

Your predictions are meaningless because Sensei-San did not tell us the exact time of submission of his entry. To be able to make an accurate prediction, one needs to add up all the numbers in the date and time (EST of course) of submission, divide by the number of entries, multiply by the number of valid entries, divide by 1.618, then map that to a date using a secret code only known to three people in KFC and one at the NSA. (Because didn't you know the whole DV process is just a conspiracy by the U.S. to gather data on innocent people elsewhere?)
Having said that, does this mean that the whole random process is not exactly true with respect to the selection process? I have been wondering how is it that for my country, which is Antigua and Barbuda, why the amount selected has been so small.

Having said that, does this mean that the whole random process is not exactly true with respect to the selection process? I have been wondering how is it that for my country, which is Antigua and Barbuda, why the amount selected has been so small.

It's very simple. The amount selected is so small because the amount of entries is so small. That is how random selection works.

For FY2015, Antigua and Barbuda had 349 principal entries, out of a total of 9.4 million principal entries. It stands to reason that there should only be a handful of selectees, and in fact if there were zero selectees in a particular year that would still be statistically understandable on those numbers.

Last edited:
It's very simple. The amount selected is so small because the amount of entries is so small. That is how random selection works.

For FY2015, Antigua and Barbuda had 349 principal entries, out of a total of 9.4 million principal entries. It stands to reason that there should only be a handful of selectees, and in fact if there were zero selectees in a particular year that would still be statistically understandable on those numbers.
Okay, thanks!

How can i know the principal entries for each country?

You mean 2015, right?

I am not really sure if you are just kidding or really don't understand how the processing of the lottery works....

Let's see once again....

I entered the lottery on the 23rd of October 2014. Can anyone already selected tell me when my interview is?

So you entered in Oct last year....like most of us who entered the DV2016 (note how it says 2016?).

The actual DRAW then is always a few months later, in fact in this case it will be on 5th May 2015. (note how it says DRAW?)

It is on or after that date that you can check WHETHER OR NOT you were even selected (drawn from the pool of the millions of entrants)...currently you (hopefully) have your entry details noted down or saved somewhere, so you can log in and check on or after that date.

So essentially, you have NOTHING that would say you will even be considered.

In case you WILL be selected, your case number (different from your entry code) will give you an INDICATION of when, if at all, you might expect an interview date (roughly).