EAD denied... Asylum is pending. Help.

hi my friend,

I can easily guess how bad you feel now because it happened to me. When you're expecting an EAD and you got a denial letter it's devastating.Don't worry may be your EAD application got there earlier because most of the time they don't denied EAD's. Are you sure your clock wasn't stopped
for some reasons??? you can check it up by calling this number and entering your Alien number 18008987180.after that call if your clock is still running and has 150 days or more you can just reapply but let's hope the denial wasn't based on something different. In case you have to reapply you have to write down your first denial on the aaplication form and join a copy of your denial letter to that application.
good luck

EAD Clock stoped, it can be restarted, has anybody experienced this ?

hi my friend,

I can easily guess how bad you feel now because it happened to me. When you're expecting an EAD and you got a denial letter it's devastating.Don't worry may be your EAD application got there earlier because most of the time they don't denied EAD's. Are you sure your clock wasn't stopped
for some reasons??? you can check it up by calling this number and entering your Alien number 18008987180.after that call if your clock is still running and has 150 days or more you can just reapply but let's hope the denial wasn't based on something different. In case you have to reapply you have to write down your first denial on the aaplication form and join a copy of your denial letter to that application.
good luck

Thank u Alphadi,
I received the mail that explained EAd was denied because my clock was stopped at 69 days. Reason why clock was stopped is because I postponed my first interviw. If they reshcedule the interview that means that the clock stoppes at first failling to appear but restarts when u appear at the next interview.
Unfortunatelly my clock didn't restart, probably they were to busy. And i didn't check the clock before cause I didn't even know this was possible and my attorney looks has been to busy to check this. Now he is saying that we can restart the clock again, but this waiting period is destroying me, is gonna be other 3-4 months until i'll know will they provide me or no thas EAD CARD.
:((
thank u for your answer.

I received the denied mail that explained EAd was denied because it reached out USCIS before 150 days elapsed . if any one has gone through this before please share should I file motion I-290B or just re apply for EAD I-765 again ?

normally, how long does it take for one to receice a confirmation letter after sending in the EAD application? my attorney said that she mailed the application on march 26 (day 152 on my clock). today marked the 14th day and i have not receiced the confirmation letter. should i worry? no interview letter for me yet either!

update: i received the confirmation letter the same day of my previous post (apr 9). so here is my time line so far:
03/26/15: EAD application mailed;
04/01/15: EAD application received.

hoefully i will receive the EAD card soon!

I applied to renew my ead and they received it on March 3rd. And no more changes then. It says "case was received"

update: i received the confirmation letter the same day of my previous post (apr 9). so here is my time line so far:
03/26/15: EAD application mailed;
04/01/15: EAD application received.

hoefully i will receive the EAD card soon!
CWH, thanks for sharing your experience with us.
Asylum app. Mailed: Aug 29th 2015
App receipt notice: sept 8
Fingerprints done: Sept last week
Applied at Houston office. Not received any interview notice.
When should I start for EAD applicatio ?
Please suggest.

CWH, thanks for sharing your experience with us.
Asylum app. Mailed: Aug 29th 2015
App receipt notice: sept 8
Fingerprints done: Sept last week
Applied at Houston office. Not received any interview notice.
When should I start for EAD applicatio ?
Please suggest.

If your clock hasn't stopped, you should be able to send your EAD application on Feb 08. It will take a couple days to be delivered, so you might be able to send it on Feb 6, depending on which mailing service you will use.

Do not waste any time by delaying sending the application. Mine took about 1 month and 2 weeks and an inquiry call to USCIS to process. I recieved the card a week later.

I also suggest that you start looking for a job while you are waiting for the card to arrive.

Good luck.

Last edited:
If your clock hasn't stopped, you should be able to send your EAD application on Feb 08. It will take a couple days to be delivered, so you might be able to send it on Feb 6, depending on which mailing service you will use.

Do not waste any time by delaying sending the application. Mine took about 1 month and 2 weeks and an inquiry call to USCIS to process. I recieved the card a week later.

I also suggest that you start looking for a job while you are waiting for the card to arrive.

Good luck.
In between process from mailing application and applying for ead, is there any way we get to know about current update on clock? I called their 1800 # and it answers back with no update in my case.

I have applied for EAD. How many days does it take to get EAD? What are the update steps from uscis? I have applied at the Houston office.

ead denied

Hi , I'm new in this forum. I actually am in the same situation as you Alphadi. Pending asylum since aprill 2011, individual hearing 2014. I applied for work permit in july, after more than 150 days. The 1st problem started when I wasn't receiving the confirmation letter that they received the application for EAD. After so many phone calls , finally me lawyer could contact the office and they told the may be the applic was missing in the office and that they were going to check. 3 days after this phone call we received the confirmation letter, 1 month and a half late (application sent july 16, confirmation received september 4th)
2 days ago I was checking my online status when i see that decision was made and my EAD was denied. I don;t yet know the reasons because the mail is on the way but i'm feeling so bed :(
I'am really upset, why they don;t give me the possibility to work and pay taxes, this was my first application as yours I think.
Please if u can share with me your next step after the denial, did u apply again ?
I would really appreciate your help.
good luck!
Hi my asylum is pending and I have applied for my EAD but they told my clock is stopped at 126 days . How to i track my clock ?? Cause I applied for asylum in May 20,2015 and I applied for my EAD January 2016 . Why they cancel my EAD ? But in between I have made a change of address that might cause trouble to my clock ? How I do go further from this please help me out . I have received my denial on February 2016 . When should I re apply ?

I received the denied mail that explained EAd was denied because it reached out USCIS before 150 days elapsed . if any one has gone through this before please share should I file motion I-290B or just re apply for EAD I-765 again ?
Hi I'm facing the small problem can you help me how to track the clock days and when to re apply ?

Hi, im have an asylum application pending for more than 150 days, and I'm a bout to apply for work permit (EAD), I read there is no fee for the first time as asylum applicant. But I had a work permit before I apply for asulym. Will I have to pay $380 fee?

asylum applicants who applies for the first time is free to apply . Since you already had the work permit I have no idea how you proceed through this . Hope you fnd a better way :)

hi my friend,

good luck
Wow really? I and kids got denied because we applied after 150 days and we waited and applied after 180 days and today one of my kids got denied and iam pretty sure all of us will eventually get denied am wondering do we have to put the first denial notice mail? Didn't think it was necessary till i read it here. Am still waiting though to see the reason for the denial.