• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Earthquake in Nepal

Martin9

As you probably know by now, sadly a magnitude 7.9 earthquake in Nepal has caused extensive damage in the capital Kathmandu, bringing down walls and buildings and killing many people. This may have a significant impact on the Asia DV if the Embassy is unable to function properly or selectees are unable to attend medicals or interviews. Too early to tell if this would mean the RoA will be held up to wait for Nepal, or speeded up to compensate or they go on as normal. My guess is they would hold up the progress. My thought go out to all those affected in Nepal.

As you probably know by now, sadly a magnitude 7.9 earthquake in Nepal has caused extensive damage in the capital Kathmandu, bringing down walls and buildings and killing many people. This may have a significant impact on the Asia DV if the Embassy is unable to function properly or selectees are unable to attend medicals or interviews. Too early to tell if this would mean the RoA will be held up to wait for Nepal, or speeded up to compensate or they go on as normal. My guess is they would hold up the progress. My thought go out to all those affected in Nepal.

Thank you, sir, for sharing the news. But in your opinion, can KCC afford to stop Asia's progress so close to the end of the fiscal year? With only 3 VB's left and no time to compensate later, I guess AS would never fill its quota if that happened. I'd be very appreciative to hear your opinion on this.

I also extend my deepest sympathy to all Nepalis. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Thank you, sir, for sharing the news. But in your opinion, can KCC afford to stop Asia's progress so close to the end of the fiscal year? With only 3 VB's left and no time to compensate later, I guess AS would never fill its quota if that happened. I'd be very appreciative to hear your opinion on this.

I also extend my deepest sympathy to all Nepalis. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Wow.....I feel bad for Nepalese, BBC is reporting more than 100 dead 45 min ago.
No matter what happens, I hope they will recover soon.

In regards to DV, wouldn't it be possible to move Nepal interviews to neighboring countries if necessary? Yemen is in a similar situation should the post be not available.
That is not to say re-scheduling medical/interview plus the admission requirement for another countries for Nepalese are easy tasks.

Very sad to hear of Nepal's earthquake.
May peace and comfort find all those affected during this difficult time.

Heart breaking news, this is. Thoughts and prayers with all the Nepalese, especially those directly affected or who lost loved ones!

This might give those of us with high cn a glimmer of hope, maybe asia will go current if they can't process Nepalese cases

Not to laugh on others suffering. Don't get me wrong

My guess is they'll relocate the interviews to the neighboring country, but that might cause a dramatic decline in response rate, not everyone can and want it. Lack of resource etc.

Which word? Be more specific..
And my question wasn't meant to be rhetorical

It isn't a specific word. It is your attitude, ably demonstrated by the posts above. You are entitled to your awful attitude, but surely you can imagine that lives have been lost, families devastated, and people made homeless. Now is not the time for YOU to be picking through the rubble - because you see some advantage in their misery. It is offensive. So - like I said. Stop typing.

Wow.....I feel bad for Nepalese, BBC is reporting more than 100 dead 45 min ago.
No matter what happens, I hope they will recover soon.

In regards to DV, wouldn't it be possible to move Nepal interviews to neighboring countries if necessary? Yemen is in a similar situation should the post be not available.
That is not to say re-scheduling medical/interview plus the admission requirement for another countries for Nepalese are easy tasks.

When they were allowing people from Ebola-affected countries to interview elsewhere, I seem to recall they allowed them to bring medicals from their home country; they could do the same here to help the process if they did move the interviews.

Terribly sad news and I hope all our Nepalese forum members and their loved ones are ok.

It isn't a specific word. It is your attitude, ably demonstrated by the posts above. You are entitled to your awful attitude, but surely you can imagine that lives have been lost, families devastated, and people made homeless. Now is not the time for YOU to be picking through the rubble - because you see some advantage in their misery. It is offensive. So - like I said. Stop typing.

For that I'm sincerely sorry for them

But regardless the dv progress must go on, this is not an excuse. lest the roa gets any slower due to this.

How you interpret my words is entirely your call, but for now, dasvidaniya.