Need some professional advice on an F visa petition

gr8ideaman

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I need some reliable and valid information regarding the F visa for parents.
I am married and currently student therefore no job yet. I'd like to apply for family-based visa for my parents and my spouse wants to co-sponsor me (my parents) but we would like to use our upcoming 2015 income to meet the 125% of the Poverty Guidelines as our 2014 does not qualify considering the number of dependents. So knowing the above here are my questions:

1. What are the different steps of F visa application/petition and time frame/duration of each steps approximately? According to USCIS the first step is the following:
  • Form I-130
  • A copy of your birth certificate showing your name and your mother’s name
  • A copy of your Certificate of Naturalization or U.S. passport if you were not born in the United States

2. If I apply during May 2015 by sending out two I-130 forms, how long after, approximately, will I need to sign and send the I-864 sponsorship form?

I was told that "the I-130 will be approved in 4-6 months, and a couple of months later it will be time to send the affidavit to NVC." If it's true, by then the year of 2015 will be over and I can present my 2015 tax return and wait for the interview. I don't want to wait till the end of the year for applying as it is a waste of time.

Thanks for your time and professional comments in advance.