• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Hello Everyone,
The 2NL is same as the letter from KCC that my case is transferred to USCIS and the template of the receipt was attached with it? What does this line mean from the letter "You must submit the Diversity Visa (DV) "Notification Letter" we sent you to the USCIS office nearest your place of residence in order to apply for adjustment of status."
Also for bank statement I have just added the first page for three months as the other pages are just the transactions. Is that ok?
Thank you)

Hello All,
I am winner AS64XX. I know this is AOS forum but my question is this.

I am changing to CP from AOS. I called KCC but they told me to email them about the request. I did email requsting change to CP. Then I got an standard automated message. What happens next? How long will it take? Should I call them again?

TIA

Hello Everyone,
The 2NL is same as the letter from KCC that my case is transferred to USCIS and the template of the receipt was attached with it? What does this line mean from the letter "You must submit the Diversity Visa (DV) "Notification Letter" we sent you to the USCIS office nearest your place of residence in order to apply for adjustment of status."
Also for bank statement I have just added the first page for three months as the other pages are just the transactions. Is that ok?
Thank you)

- Yes
- It means you need to include the DV selectee notification with your I-485 package
- I would include all the pages, but it's your call.

Hello All,
I am winner AS64XX. I know this is AOS forum but my question is this.

I am changing to CP from AOS. I called KCC but they told me to email them about the request. I did email requsting change to CP. Then I got an standard automated message. What happens next? How long will it take? Should I call them again?

TIA

KCC will email a confirmation back eventually, the automated message is just to let you know your email was received.

Hello I received my interview letter for tgis and I have some questions. My husband has a work authorization for 20hours but he always works more hours but he paid his taxes would that be a problem for our interview. By tge way im a dv lottery winner and im doing aos.

That's means your husband has violated the terms of his visa status which technically means he's gone out of status and is not eligible to process AOS, simply paying his taxes doesn't mean he will be excused for what he's done as far as USCIS is concerned. However, because you're the main selectee/principal applicant, USCIS may end up not closely scrutinizing your husband's petition which means he may end up getting away with the violation. Nothing can be done at this stage now, you guys will find out when you show up for your interview. So good luck!

For CP, do I need PCC from US in my home country? Embassy says it needs PCC from all the countries resided after 16 years. I have been in USA for few years but I read somewhere that actually US PCC is not required for CP. Can anyone enlighten on this issue?

Hi folks,

I just received my acceptance email. It only took them 5 days (3 business days) to send me the email! I hope everything else goes as quickly and smoothly as this.

Cheers,
Armin

For CP, do I need PCC from US in my home country? Embassy says it needs PCC from all the countries resided after 16 years. I have been in USA for few years but I read somewhere that actually US PCC is not required for CP. Can anyone enlighten on this issue?

U.S. PCC is not required for either CP or AOS. An FBI background check will be conducted either by KCC or USCIS depending on which process the selectee has opted for, which makes US PCC unnecessary.

I saw copies of w-2 forms in the list of documents required for AOS package. I am not sure how many years. Did you guys send W-2 forms too I am asking because we are sending tax return documents as well.
Thank you,

Jawan

I have another questions. We (including my husband and me) earn about 75000 per year. Do we need affidavit of support (form 134)?

Jawan

Hello I have a question please when I applied for aos I was pregnant and now I delivered my baby in the us. Should I include him or just take his birth certificate with me to the interview???

Hello I have a question please when I applied for aos I was pregnant and now I delivered my baby in the us. Should I include him or just take his birth certificate with me to the interview???

Congratulations on the new baby who is already a USC and does not need to be included with your petition. Simply take his B/C along to your interview so that they can update your information for record purpose only.

I saw copies of w-2 forms in the list of documents required for AOS package. I am not sure how many years. Did you guys send W-2 forms too I am asking because we are sending tax return documents as well.
Thank you,

Jawan
I sent both (though yes, the tax transcripts basically repeat the information)

Hello I know I keep asking some silly questions but I'm so nervous about my interview. Since my husband worked over the hours they gave him would affect me like tgey can refuse to give me the green card??? Also I applued for wic for my babby so he can get free milk would that affect me too??

Hello I know I keep asking some silly questions but I'm so nervous about my interview. Since my husband worked over the hours they gave him would affect me like tgey can refuse to give me the green card??? Also I applued for wic for my babby so he can get free milk would that affect me too??

Since you're the PA, your husband's action cannot affect your case personally, like I responded before. In the worst case scenario he will be the only one denied and you could be asked to present an affidavit if support, if you don't have your own personal income to overcome the public charge requirement - again, this is a worst case scenario. Apply for WIC doesn't lead to a denial.

Did you sent all three year's w2 or just the last one year. I got w2 for 2014 but I do not have previous years. How important they are? does anybody has different experience?

I'm pretty sure the main point of tax returns and W2's are to provide proof of income. So at the end of the day, all that matters is that the officer is convinced you do indeed make what you say you make. Each additional piece of documentation strengthens your case, but it doesn't mean that you need to provide EVERYTHING to convince them. Perhaps add some paystubs, and a letter from your employer that confirms your salary, and see if that satisfies them...

Hello Everyone,
Some more questions:
If I am submitting the bank statements for how many months do I submit?
The offer letter from the employer that I am submitting is the copy that they sent in the email. So when I go to the interview do I need to take the hard copy from the employer or can I just print from the email and provide?
TIA

People, I am APPROVED!!!
It's hard to narrate my story throughout this process. If you remember my case...after waiting so long, I finally received a call from an officer (such a sweet lady) with news of receipt of my A-file. She apologized for the delay and offered that I choose a date to be interviewed. Guess my answer...On interview day I showed up with family including my kids who are USC. By God's grace the interview sailed as smooth as butter. After swearing in, the officer turned to my wife, the principal applicant and indicated that if she's able to accurately answer a couple of questions, we should be good. The questions had to do with gaps between her F-1 status and H-4. My wife explained. He then proceeded to verify information on form i-485 and asked us both to answer the 'yes or no' questions simultaneously. It was so funny and hilarious how he quickly brushed over the question of engaging in prostitution or intend to engage in such activities, murmuring under his breathe. At this point my 2-year old daughter was tearing his office down. He turned to me, verified some information and blurred the BIG news...I will be approving you today!!! He printed approval notices and advised that we stay in the country until the greens arrived. We shook hands and headed out into freedom!

To God be all the glory and honor and adoration. He's shown mercy and heard our cry. Heaven knows how long we've waited for this day. To give you a sense of our grave situation, we were literally 3 months away from heading back to native land. Sincere thanks to Sm1smom and Britsimon, for their countless advices far and beyond what seasoned attorneys could conjure on DV cases.

I will be back to initiate something good...