• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AP Related Cases

About my account, i changed my password as i don't wanna cause further disappointment for him.

Dude, changing your password has nothing to do with the ability to expose your lies. You can change it a thousand times if you like, we will still be able to expose your lies for what they are so that those gullible enough to be misled by your posts can actually see you for who you are!

Dude, changing your password has nothing to do with the ability to expose your lies. You can change it a thousand times if you like, we will still be able to expose your lies for what they are so that those gullible enough to be misled by your posts can actually see you for who you are!

I'm really eager to know what "lies" you're talking about?

What misleading post have i made? About how kcc should do the same to nepal? That's not even misleading in the slightest, through your eyes maybs, Of course they should, any sane normal people would agree, 2 people sent me a pm saying they agree with me, and if you were in my position you would too

It is both a fact and common sense that KCC separates two special countries in the African region, Egypt and Ethiopia. In my humble opinion... KCC has no reason to not do the same to Nepal because nepal too is a special country that requires special treatment as the two aforementioned African countries, why don't you get it?

Some people have sent me a pm to stop debating with you two as "they have their own understandings of the matter, i agree with you, kcc should do the same to nepal, political reason notwithstanding"

About the logic thing, yes yes yes i get it i do get it, Nepalese selectees have much lower chance of winning due to the number of entries and being limited to 5000, yes yes yes they're concentrated on the first 8000 cases, the same can be said for Egypt and Ethiopia except their concentration is different but still limited regardless, but wait, Egypt and Ethiopia are separated while nepal isn't, say what??

But apparently I'm always wrong because I'm not an expert, you guys are always right because you are the "experts", so no matter what i say I'm always and will always be wrong regardless. Such experts even went to scrutinize my personal details just to prove that I'm wrong

Stuff you post on the internet is not your "personal details".

I have explained this to you/your son/daughter several times. I will try one last time to specifically address the question you have asked about the AF countries compared to the AS countries - and frankly not for your benefit because your bad attitude makes me not want to bother - but perhaps others are still unclear.

In AS region in DV2015 there were a total of 1.56 million entries (2.72 million people with family members). The law says that anyone in the region may enter and each entry within the region should have an equal chance of winning and that the cases will be processed in rank order (i.e. case number). Out of the 1.56 million entries the breakdown was like this.

Nepal - 545k entries (35%)
Iran - 499k entries (32%)
RoA combine 520k entries. (33%)

Now - as I already said - the law says each entry should have the same chance - right? So - out of every 1000 entries it is only fair that 35% of those cases are from Nepal, 32% are from Iran and 33% are from ROA. Understand that?

Selectees are ranked in case number order. so people in the 1st 1000 cases should go ahead of the 2nd 1000. You can understand THAT - right?

OK then. So - you are CN 13XXX. That means everyone in the first 13000 cases should go in front of you - right? Everyone. That is fair because that is the way the lottery works and is described in law. Now - that means there should be 35% of 13000 Nepalese cases in front of you, 32% of 13000 Iranian cases in front of you, and 33% of 13000 ROA cases in front of you. You agree with that fairness - right??? NOw - I am talking about CASES. Each case has the right to attach family members, so the family numbers will be higher than the cases. Don't think about anything else for a minute - just let that sink in.

Did you wait for a minute?

OK - now I will let you do the math and figure out those numbers. AS you know no single country can take more than 7% of the global available visas, and both Nepal and Iran are limited during the draw process which is why Nepal does not have 4550 cases (about 7500 people) under 13000 - but don't worry about that.

Now - you keep asking for someone to explain the difference with Egypt and Ethiopia. Those two countries do not represent 35% or 32% of the African region entries and in the end will take only a small number of visas between them (Egypt will probably max out at 3500 - about 17% of AF as a whole. Ethiopia won't get half of that number. So - spacing their cases out over the 12 months favors the majority of cases in Africa. What you want to do in Asia would favor the MINORITY of cases in Asia. So - that would not be fair or sensible.

SURELY you can understand this?????

hi everybody.........is it normal to be told that your visa is approved..........and yet u still on AP for 12 days????? i'm starting to freak out about it!!!!

Yes, it has happened. You need to be patient and let the process go through. Luckily you still have time and should all be sorted.

Stuff you post on the internet is not your "personal details".

I have explained this to you/your son/daughter several times. I will try one last time to specifically address the question you have asked about the AF countries compared to the AS countries - and frankly not for your benefit because your bad attitude makes me not want to bother - but perhaps others are still unclear.

In AS region in DV2015 there were a total of 1.56 million entries (2.72 million people with family members). The law says that anyone in the region may enter and each entry within the region should have an equal chance of winning and that the cases will be processed in rank order (i.e. case number). Out of the 1.56 million entries the breakdown was like this.

Nepal - 545k entries (35%)
Iran - 499k entries (32%)
RoA combine 520k entries. (33%)

Now - as I already said - the law says each entry should have the same chance - right? So - out of every 1000 entries it is only fair that 35% of those cases are from Nepal, 32% are from Iran and 33% are from ROA. Understand that?

Selectees are ranked in case number order. so people in the 1st 1000 cases should go ahead of the 2nd 1000. You can understand THAT - right?

OK then. So - you are CN 13XXX. That means everyone in the first 13000 cases should go in front of you - right? Everyone. That is fair because that is the way the lottery works and is described in law. Now - that means there should be 35% of 13000 Nepalese cases in front of you, 32% of 13000 Iranian cases in front of you, and 33% of 13000 ROA cases in front of you. You agree with that fairness - right??? NOw - I am talking about CASES. Each case has the right to attach family members, so the family numbers will be higher than the cases. Don't think about anything else for a minute - just let that sink in.

Did you wait for a minute?

OK - now I will let you do the math and figure out those numbers. AS you know no single country can take more than 7% of the global available visas, and both Nepal and Iran are limited during the draw process which is why Nepal does not have 4550 cases (about 7500 people) under 13000 - but don't worry about that.

Now - you keep asking for someone to explain the difference with Egypt and Ethiopia. Those two countries do not represent 35% or 32% of the African region entries and in the end will take only a small number of visas between them (Egypt will probably max out at 3500 - about 17% of AF as a whole. Ethiopia won't get half of that number. So - spacing their cases out over the 12 months favors the majority of cases in Africa. What you want to do in Asia would favor the MINORITY of cases in Asia. So - that would not be fair or sensible.

SURELY you can understand this?????
:D
I bet that it is not the last time you explain it:D
There is always a mastermind who thinks that he found a solution for KCC to makes things more fair!!(And by more fair he means more fair only for him and his country)
The problem starts when someone with high CN thinks he deserves same (or even more) chance as others (and the CN is a irrelevant! ) and he starts cursing the KCC and all of us and wishes the low case numbers the worst to get his visa.
He doesn't believe you no matter how many times you told him that, he is a backup, reserve, substitute, alternate ,understudy, who had a slim chance to receive a visa in case big chunk of the low CNs don't get their visas. It is a slim chance but history shows in his situation it is more likely to get a visa rather than winning the lottery itself and in fact he has to be thankful for this opportunity.
KCC announce backups to make sure that all 50 000 visas for lottery will be issued each year. They could announce 50 000 winners and only issue 20 -30 000 visas and everybody gets an equal chance for interview and visa issuance, sure all of the winners would be happy that they will get an interview but he is not one of them because he would not be selected with that high CN.
KCC is trying to help the entrants(specially the ones with high CNs like him) to have a chance even if it is very slim and they warn him from start (and we did afterwards!) about the worst case scenario. This is a classic example of "shoot the messenger" scenario.
If you are not happy with the way KCC handles your case you are not forced to wait for interview. Forget about lottery or enter for 2016 and 2017. Hope you get a lower CN soon.

I wish that all lottery winners get current but I know there is a slim chance that would happen at least for this year.

Last edited:
Hi my brother's interview went well and he was said to collect his passport after 7-1o days after their notification.
Well when we check visa status now it said Administrative Processing ?
Was the status supposed to be "issued" ?
Im confused now...
They did not said anything to him during interview ...they said it was all good.

Hi my brother's interview went well and he was said to collect his passport after 7-1o days after their notification.
Im confused now...
They did not said anything to him during interview ...they said it was all good.

On CP there seems to be a short period where AP shows on almost all cases - then it switches to issued after a day or two.

Im confused now...

Did you not ask this same question yesterday on the April VB Released thread, and did Simon not already answer it?

Did you not ask this same question yesterday on the April VB Released thread, and did Simon not already answer it?
Nop.
Last time i was asking if it was normal for them to ask my brother to collect his visa from any of the six branch of Nepal Investment Bank but now when i checked status of visa it says AP ....
They said they would text him to collect his visa within 7-1o days and its weird now it says AP

On CP there seems to be a short period where AP shows on almost all cases - then it switches to issued after a day or two.
Thanks Britsimon .....
Ya they did not say anything about AP during his interview and no 221-g was given ...it must be 100% like you said..

Last edited:
hi I was approved for the DV visa last week. visa was showing on ceac as ' issued' since 7 April but till now i have not received a call or email to pickup the passport. should i be worried.:(

hi I was approved for the DV visa last week. visa was showing on ceac as ' issued' since 7 April but till now i have not received a call or email to pickup the passport. should i be worried.:(
I don't think u need to worry now.....coz your visa is already been printed so...your passport must be on the way to be delivered to you...or ready for pick up in few days....congratulations

Thanks alex for the reply. dv waiting game continues..
I know right...It's a waiting game...
My brother is also waiting for his passport but his case is from Nepal and too many holidays in this month due to several reason so still waiting...I think he will be able to get his passport only in may though his interview was on April 6th. lol

hi I was approved for the DV visa last week. visa was showing on cenor ' issued' since 7 April but till now i have not received a call or email to pickup the passport. should i be worried.:(
Did you get the passport already? Monday was Easter break so not counted as working day. Your waiting time is still normal

Hi dears
My interview was on 9th of April, Because I came from other country to Egypt, i didn't get enough time for medical exam, i get medical exam results on 12th of April and at the same day it was been in the embassy

In the interview I get g221 paper and there is mark in medical exam and no mark in AP

Today 19 April Ceac update changes to AP
Please i am depressed and confused
Is this will take several weeks ???

Hi dears
My interview was on 9th of April, Because I came from other country to Egypt, i didn't get enough time for medical exam, i get medical exam results on 12th of April and at the same day it was been in the embassy

In the interview I get g221 paper and there is mark in medical exam and no mark in AP

Today 19 April Ceac update changes to AP
Please i am depressed and confused
Is this will take several weeks ???
Well, you had your interview, they did not have your medicals, hence you were put on AP - no major surprise here. Presuming that medical exam results was the only thing missing, as indicated on the paper you received, this should be resolved within a few days and your CEAC status will eventually update. Good luck to you!