• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

Oh man you people are taking these statements way to seriously! Asomdwee, if you ARE scratches - you have some apologizing to do. If you are not scratches - then WHO CARES???? Get on with your process and relax. Sheesh - the drama!

I did not say because He married after selection that is why He needed a new passport. What I meant was that adding Mrs ( not the title but adding husband's name) to the wife's name (edv) made the embassy to request for affidavit of change of name and new passport to that effect. If during the edv, the right names of the wife were used without Mrs then there will be no need for affidavit of change of name and new passport so the impression should not be created that all wives will need affidavit of change of name and new passport. Infact, on the marriage certificate the wife does not use the husband's name so using the Mrs without having any documents to support is useless and confusing

does it mean that if you are the principal applicant and u marry after being selected, and your wife does an affidavit for change of name and gazetted, she will need a new PP to reflect the new added name in the Affidavit anaaa?

does it mean that if you are the principal applicant and u marry after being selected, and your wife does an affidavit for change of name and gazetted, she will need a new PP to reflect the new added name in the Affidavit anaaa?

The name on the passport must match the names you are using ....The passsport name is what is used for the visa. The visa in turn is what the green card name is based on. So if you want your wife to have the same last name as you in America, it is advisable to do it this way, unless you want to pay the approximate $450 fee to have the green card replaced with one of a new surname.

I wish I don't reply you because I don't know how the above post relate to you but my worry is attacking people especially the moderators who will not benefit from the forum. Am not the only praying for my interview forum members are also praying and are worried about it so the keep contributing to it n I know they will affected with the outcome.
I wished you well never posted anything against you so why that nonsense?
But I never insulted you. Ok. Thanks. Thank you BritSimon, SussieQQ, Sam1mon and the rest for your immense contribution. I am highly favored and in the eyes of God and man I found favour. My case was approved. Good bye.

But I never insulted you. Ok. Thanks. Thank you BritSimon, SussieQQ, Sam1mon and the rest for your immense contribution. I am highly favored and in the eyes of God and man I found favour. My case was approved. Good bye.
Sorry for my choice of words. Thanks too. Happy to know you have a success story and be careful the way you address the moderators. Hapy you acknowledged them.

1. First of all the name you used to register on the edv and ds-260 form counts the most.

2. I made a mistake and used my last name against my wife's initial application thinking the marriage certificate will solve the problem but because my initial application was such, I needed to make amendments to reflect the name I used during the initial registration yo correspond with the green card and visa.

3. If you register her application in her maiden name then there is no worry for anything because her visa will be printed and it will correspond with the passport .

You are a very "strange" character on this forum, I must say. No offence please. You claimed you went for an interview couple of days ago but asking us to wait until 30th April before breaking the news. Suddenly you are saying your case has been approved. Any approved case brings so much joy that that joy cannot be withheld till a particular date- perhaps you have a perculiar reason. It seems to me that you've been "forced" to say "my case was approved"-it's not out of natural ecstacy IMO. You've given me reason to doubt- anyway congrats on your approval.

You are a very "strange" character on this forum, I must say. No offence please. You claimed you went for an interview couple of days ago but asking us to wait until 30th April before breaking the news. Suddenly you are saying your case has been approved. Any approved case brings so much joy that that joy cannot be withheld till a particular date- perhaps you have a perculiar reason. It seems to me that you've been "forced" to say "my case was approved"-it's not out of natural ecstacy IMO. You've given me reason to doubt- anyway congrats on your approval.
Cant agree any less....Asomdwe Wura is strange

Don't patronize me man. I don't have any qualms with you or anybody on this forum. Saying see you soon could only mean one thing, that your interview went well.. So what's preventing you from sharing your experience with the forum? I think that's a misplaced priority if you asked me. Being the first DV interviewee for dv2015 to be issued with a visa, I shared my experience here. F-Lan was the first to be denied (I stand for correction) still posted his experience. Other forum mates make informed decisions from these experiences. And this goes to everyone here, what's the point relying on people's experiences to make a better decision and then after your interviews you go awol ? smh
NB: excuse my typos
Well said.
Scratches issue has a life of its own, makes me want to keep following this thread.
At least he ought to share with others in his style of never ending controversy.

just like the way you opine with intelligence and maturity in the forum

just like the way you opine with intelligence and maturity in the forum
I consider it a complement but I think it's pretty obvious to us. One cannot ignore the excitement that comes with a visa approval and end up commenting on any other thing. Naturally, one would want to break the news first..

I consider it a complement but I think it's pretty obvious to us. One cannot ignore the excitement that comes with a visa approval and end up commenting on any other thing. Naturally, one would want to break the news first..
Visa or no visa life must continue.

Reactions: oBj
Scratches was in kumasi. KNUST to be precise. Scratches had his appointment letter in february. Thus he was scheduled in april. Everyone who knows Ghanaian language knows that ''Asomdwee wura'' means Peace Maker...hmmmmmmm...enough said
on a very lighter note,I suspect Asomdwee wura ooo to be Scratches
i still stand by what i wrote though

Scratches was in kumasi. KNUST to be precise. Scratches had his appointment letter in february. Thus he was scheduled in april. Everyone who knows Ghanaian language knows that ''Asomdwee wura'' means Peace Maker...hmmmmmmm...enough said i still stand by what i wrote though
Yes I am Scratches. Case closed on this topic.

A new CEAC file for 16th April 2015 has been released (from Britsimonsays.com). Here are the figures
Family Members 1114 was 1119 on the 1st
Issued 193 was 189 on the 1st
Refused 206 was 204 on the 1st
AP 62 was 69 on the 1st
Ready 653 was 655 on the 1st

2 cases (with 5 family members, 4 & 1) were transfered from Accra that resulted in the drop of the family members from 1119 to 1114. But unfortunately 2015AF8039 which has 4 family members and was transfered to LND (dont know if that stands for Luanda or not) had all members refused.
These are the cases that got issued. 3 cases with 4 members
3923 (2 members), 8472 (1 member) & 8844 (1 member).
Virtually nothing much (in terms of updating) was done within this period.
But guys this is the progress of Ghana so far.

i just receive email for new appointment date and am hoping is gonna be something good if God permit.
This is after AP - correct? That is unusual - they might have failed to go over some things with you at the last interview...
I was comparing the ceac files for 1st & 16th and saw 3 cases move back from AP (on the 1st) to Ready (on the 16th). these are 1383, 11802 & 12985, all Accra cases. I taught from AP you either get Issued or Refused so why back to Ready?
does this explain Nana Sarfo's case?