• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

Go to the interview with a government issued marriage certificate.
Carry photographs showing that before you married, a relationship existed, preferably even before you applied.All they want is the truth so if it is a genuine marriage, no problem at all just prove that.
However, if it is a DV driven marriage, they will know and you risk being permanently banned from the US!

I got married after submitting DS-260.What am i supposed to do in that case and i want to go with my wife?
As @usken go said proving that your marriage is not DV driven will be key. I rem in the 2013 forum there was such a case and they asked the couple questions separately even the most personal of questions that one would feel they are prying because they have to be sure that the marriage is genuine..... SO if you have photographs from when you were dating.... that will help..

I got married after submitting DS-260.What am i supposed to do in that case and i want to go with my wife?

A very important question which I expected to be asked, which hasn't, is have you updated your DS form with your new marital status since you got married? Also have submitted a separate DS-260 form for your wife?

You obviously can't just show up for your interview with your wife, with evidence of your marriage being a genuine one, and expect the CO to approve your case without having updated your marital status or submitted a DS-260 form for your wife.

If this is the first stop in US then no beef if you are landing elsewhere then taking a connecting flight ensure you have a layover of atleast 4 hrs because of clearing with CBP
I wanted to clear with CBP in Abu Dhabi which is a transit point so that I may make good use of the lay over time, catch a cab from POE but seems I will have to plan for clearance in US-BTW Emirates is a good airline especially if you get the wide body.

A very important question which I expected to be asked, which hasn't, is have you updated your DS form with your new marital status since you got married? Also have submitted a separate DS-260 form for your wife?

You obviously can't just show up for your interview with your wife, with evidence of your marriage being a genuine one, and expect the CO to approve your case without having updated your marital status or submitted a DS-260 form for your wife.
Very thoughtful correction from mom as always- no wonder common vibe had it that mom is a CO/KCC/ FORMER ambassador etc.
The 'group of Indian students' abandoned our thread!

BWI or Ronald Reagan-MD.
the two should yield a good flight schedule.
@usken go , your POE will need to be IAD - Dulles Airport if you are coming to MD. BWI and Reagan are only for pre-approved global entry members but am not 100% sure so do your homework before you book your flight. I am 100% sure about Dulles Intl.

@usken go , your POE will need to be IAD - Dulles Airport if you are coming to MD. BWI and Reagan are only for pre-approved global entry members but am not 100% sure so do your homework before you book your flight. I am 100% sure about Dulles Intl.

He can enter at any international airport - if whatever flight he has booked goes to a particular airport then he can enter there. I don't know particulars of the airports above but if he can book a flight into it from outside the U.S. then there will be immigration officers to process him there.

I think BWI clears incoming visitors. My host Also thinks so, unless there are very recent changes.
I will update once I am done with flight arrangements.

I think BWI clears incoming visitors. My host Also thinks so, unless there are very recent changes.
I will update once I am done with flight arrangements.

If an airline flies there they will clear you. This isn't even an issue to think about. Any airport that gets flown into from outside the U.S. will be a POE.

A very good link- Thanks Susie.
My host and I had agreed on BWI as it is very close to his office.
Now the doubts ate gone.

Did you know, that the airline gets fined a LOT per person if they bring someone to the U.S. who isn't allowed to enter? So of course they will not fly a plane load of people to an airport who can't be processed where they fly them into :D

Did you know, that the airline gets fined a LOT per person if they bring someone to the U.S. who isn't allowed to enter? So of course they will not fly a plane load of people to an airport who can't be processed where they fly them into :D
Never thought of that ad I know that that they demand very comprehensive visa and personal details which I have always associated with security.It I'd very difficult for someone without papers to board a plane.