• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

have a copy of every thing amele ! The Internet cafes around the embassy won't be open when you submit your documents so make sure to have every thing copied except for medical and police clearance ! GOOD LUCK DEAR
thank you ZGREAT i will do that

Hello @ZGREAT , 'nd good luck @rolex123 23 !!!
I have some qns on AOS . First of I believe it is either of you that posted a sample of I-134 with 'wage and tax' , and 'paybill' images ... please help me find the post .
- Should the sponsor go to some authority before sending the form to me ? or just directly send it to me ?
- I believe my sponsor need only send me in-addition to the filled form, the supporting evidences in A and B in the instruction [http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-134instr.pdf] and no need of tax returns info as he is not self-employed . Your comments on that ?
Thank you so much !

I want to explain what I meant.
A lives in Fiji and usually sends money to Tonga.
B lives in Tonga. He requests A not to send money so that he finances whatever A wanted to fund.
B then emigrates to Fiji and gets refunded by A.
Nothing illegal about that arrangement as there is no cross border movement of money involved

I'm sure you will find this technically contravenes the laws. But as has been said before this is a very common method of circumventing exchange controls in many countries.

I want to explain what I meant.
A lives in Fiji and usually sends money to Tonga.
B lives in Tonga. He requests A not to send money so that he finances whatever A wanted to fund.
B then emigrates to Fiji and gets refunded by A.
Nothing illegal about that arrangement as there is no cross border movement of money involved

If they can prove that what happened as a related transaction yes it is illegal. Think about it. When you deposit a check it is "negotiated" money doesn't physically move across the border, but in banking, two banks do a transaction identical to what you describe. So, the process you are talking about works for small amounts because no one will spend the time tracking it down, but do that with $100 million - don't you think they will be able to prove the law was broken???

If they can prove that what happened as a related transaction yes it is illegal. Think about it. When you deposit a check it is "negotiated" money doesn't physically move across the border, but in banking, two banks do a transaction identical to what you describe. So, the process you are talking about works for small amounts because no one will spend the time tracking it down, but do that with $100 million - don't you think they will be able to prove the law was broken???
They will for sure. Plus more laws such as laundering, taxation etc kick in.
I concede.

They will for sure. Plus more laws such as laundering, taxation etc kick in.
I concede.

Correct - if you google for something like the 3 phases of money laundering - you will see that tyhey allow for schemes like your idea, although they would probably only go after larger amounts or related small cases ("smurfs" in money laundering terms).

Correct - if you google for something like the 3 phases of money laundering - you will see that tyhey allow for schemes like your idea, although they would probably only go after larger amounts or related small cases ("smurfs" in money laundering terms).
I would expect so. In our country, The central bank must clear all outbound transfers over 10k usd. Basically to ensure that its not I'll gotten,taxes paid, not laundering attempt, not financing global insecurity and so on.

However want is suggested earlier still happens

I would expect so. In our country, The central bank must clear all outbound transfers over 10k usd. Basically to ensure that its not I'll gotten,taxes paid, not laundering attempt, not financing global insecurity and so on.

However want is suggested earlier still happens

Oh of course!!!

guys please pray for us... our interview is tomorrow...hope we will back after that...
thanks
Dear Ahadu,

Good luck for your interview. I didn't know that your interview is today. We are looking forward to hear from you about your interview experience.

Do I need Kebele ID when I go to the embassy?
Dear Benji-15, you need an ID since you will give your passport to the embassy in the morning. If you have a renewed kebele Id it is good, but if you have work ID or any other renewed Id it is ok.