Question on I 420 (applying GC for bro and sis)

hassar10

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys
A quick question regarding applying GC for siblings. As a citizen, if I file the petition and when visa will be current (in 15 years or so), will I need to submit anything else
or
Once I file the form 420, I am out of the entire process?

Thanks a lot

Thank you very much for your time
One last one, can I-864 be filed by any US citizen or it MUST BE the person who filed 130?
15 years is a long time and God forbid, if initial petitioner passed away during 14th year :(

I-864 must be filed by the same person who filed the I-130.

If the income of the petitioner is insufficient, other people may file I-864A or another I-864 to pledge their income/assets as a household member or joint sponsor respectively. But the petitioner must still file an I-864 no matter what (except where the beneficiary is exempt, in which case I-864W would be filed instead).

I have a new question regarding applying for siblings. I am going to become a US Citizen in 3 months. My brother is also here in USA for last 16 years. He was in F1 status for 5 years then he couldn't continue with it and became illegal. He is over staying his visas. How can I apply for him and what forms do I need to fill out? How soon the application will be approved. My brother hasn't travelled back to our country since he came in. What option does he have to travel back and come back to US? Please help. Thanks.

I have a new question regarding applying for siblings. I am going to become a US Citizen in 3 months. My brother is also here in USA for last 16 years. He was in F1 status for 5 years then he couldn't continue with it and became illegal. He is over staying his visas. How can I apply for him and what forms do I need to fill out? How soon the application will be approved. My brother hasn't travelled back to our country since he came in. What option does he have to travel back and come back to US? Please help. Thanks.
After you file the I-130 petition, there will be a wait for visa numbers to become available before he can proceed to the next step. The wait in the F4 (siblings) category is currently almost 13 years for most countries; longer for Mexico and the Philippines. Only after a visa number is available for your petition date can he actually apply for a green card; and before then, he'll still be in the same situation he's in now.

The only other viable option for the illegal brother is to marry a USC and adjusting. Not sure though if the 11-odd year overstay invites an ineligibility bar.

The only other viable option for the illegal brother is to marry a USC and adjusting. Not sure though if the 11-odd year overstay invites an ineligibility bar.
Marrying a USC or having a USC child 21 or over would definitely work for Adjustment of Status. He could also go home and go through Consular Processing when a petition from the OP or some other relative becomes current.