• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

No matter how awesome you are or what your dream is, some people are going to quit on you.They wont believe in your dream. It will be a nuisance to them. Will you starve the majority who will be bettered by your dream because a few people quit on you? Be focused and Be yourself no matter what or where you find yourself. keep your eyes on the winning side...be motivated and have a success story.
thats a great one. this forum is very educative. thnks to everyone especially Britsimon

No matter how awesome you are or what your dream is, some people are going to quit on you.They wont believe in your dream. It will be a nuisance to them. Will you starve the majority who will be bettered by your dream because a few people quit on you? Be focused and Be yourself no matter what or where you find yourself. keep your eyes on the winning side...be motivated and have a success story.
That's awesome. You have really energised my faith more. Keep it up.

With the high refusal rate in Accra. I don't know how safe I am with this issue
Entry name(initial dv lottery entry);
Surname: IDDRISU ALI
Firstname: ALHASSAN
Full name: IDDRISU ALI ALHASSAN

All other documents(including ds260)
Surname: IDDRISU
firstmane: ALI ALHASSAN

I was in Niger and registered over there in a cafe and communication was a problem and state of chageability is also Niger instead of Ghana but that I learnt won't affect it.
How serious is this especially in Accra. Guess i don't have a chace

Last edited:

I was in Niger and registered over there in a cafe and communication was a problem and state of chageability is also Niger instead of Ghana but that I learnt won't affect it.

can you help me understand better.
you mean to say you have No Middle Name and you tick NMN on the initial dv?
Chargeability is based on country of birth and not nationality so you will need to prove with a birth certificate stating that you country of birth is Niger, do you have that?
note that you take responsibility for the entry of edv whether there is communication problem or not.

Reactions: oBj

can you help me understand better.
you mean to say you have No Middle Name and you tick NMN on the initial dv?
Chargeability is based on country of birth and not nationality so you will need to prove with a birth certificate stating that you country of birth is Niger, do you have that?
note that you take responsibility for the entry of edv whether there is communication problem or not.

No, he is saying he has 3 names between first name and surname and the EDV has the middle part of his name attached to the surname rather than the first name.

Also he won't be disqualified for incorrect country of chargeability as they are both in AF region - so it didn't affect his chances of being drawn. He will be fine for that.

I really don't know what to suggest about the name. I think it is an obvious genuine error and the full name written out is the same, but indeed Accra seem to have been very strict this year...

No, he is saying he has 3 names between first name and surname and the EDV has the middle part of his name attached to the surname rather than the first name.

Also he won't be disqualified for incorrect country of chargeability as they are both in AF region - so it didn't affect his chances of being drawn. He will be fine for that.

I really don't know what to suggest about the name. I think it is an obvious genuine error and the full name written out is the same, but indeed Accra seem to have been very strict this year...
cool but what i wanna know is whether he got middle name or not. i am asking this because we know the problem with F-Lan was the fact that there was a ticking of No First Name. Maybe i still do not understand the question well. I am happy to learn that the chargeability will not disqualify him since both countries are from Africa :)

cool but what i wanna know is whether he got middle name or not. i am asking this because we know the problem with F-Lan was the fact that there was a ticking of No First Name. Maybe i still do not understand the question well. I am happy to learn that the chargeability will not disqualify him since both countries are from Africa :)
aiguo SusieQQQ explanation is exactly what I mean
Thanks guys for your Reponses
Hope for more Reponses in shaa ALLAH

aiguo SusieQQQ explanation is exactly what I mean
Thanks guys for your Reponses
Hope for more Reponses in shaa ALLAH
cool bro, April is already here for you. for the names, so far what we know to be a problem is ticking either No First Name, No Middle Name or No Surname when actually the selectee has those name:(

it seems those who went to the states with dv in the previous years really got things very easy. When i told my guys over there in june that I was selected, they where like yoo its easy, once u have been selected you are already in the state unless you choose not to. One of them even suggested i do a fake marriage, he added that even whem a problem arises i being the principal applicant would be given a visa. But i declined bcos i said to myself that america doesn't own me a visa, i got to becareful. I have really learnt alot about the dv process this year i became serious to learn about it after I realised i missed ma schedule, things donot work as i was told at all. If I had the right info.....

it seems those who went to the states with dv in the previous years really got things very easy. When i told my guys over there in june that I was selected, they where like yoo its easy, once u have been selected you are already in the state unless you choose not to. One of them even suggested i do a fake marriage, he added that even whem a problem arises i being the principal applicant would be given a visa. But i declined bcos i said to myself that america doesn't own me a visa, i got to becareful. I have really learnt alot about the dv process this year i became serious to learn about it after I realised i missed ma schedule, things donot work as i was told at all. If I had the right info.....
have you heard from the embassy yet?

Guys, does it mean that when your Edv has your first Name as your Surname and Vise Versal but you correct it in the DV 260, there is the probability of refusal?.. what can i do to avert this refusal as every single document of mine bears the name as per how i arranged it in the DV 260. Kindly advice
As i pointed out earlier, the only case I have heard of relating to name was that of F-Lan, the different is that you did not tick any box of no name. I strongly believe that as long as you got all the three names showing on your birth certificate and all other documents without introducing additional name/s on the DS 260, you should be okay.

As i pointed out earlier, the only case I have heard of relating to name was that of F-Lan, the different is that you did not tick any box of no name. I strongly believe that as long as you got all the three names showing on your birth certificate and all other documents without introducing additional name/s on the DS 260, you should be okay.
I think its a bit of a problem bcos a selectee was denied bcos the names werent arranged well XXX YYY ZZZ instead of YYY XXX ZZZ

hiii guys...i just waned you all to know that i am around and not gone anywhere...just that i have been busy with work at school..i have no problem regarding my case and praying they finish with what ever checks they are doing on me soon. hope you all doing okay and good luck to all those who are yet to go for their interviews.