• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

Lol B.Simon. I beieve we have many honest winners out there- the bigger portion in a normal curve
Many Kenyans prefer to be assisted as it is a normal way of doing hings here, something to hide may not be the biggest reason. In some situations this assistance may be a source of all manner of problems.
As for James Bond in you- ha ha ha. there is a lot to gain hanging out with you.:)

I agree that the number of people on this forum may be insignificant in size compared to the overall naumber of people affected by the DV lottery program (applicants, winners, enthusiasts) but some people may also be on this forum or other similar forums and only read posts and remain silent without posting anything for different reasons.
On the other hand, most people may not be on a forum like this for different reasons, and most people just don't know such forums exist.
You have to be a medium Internet savvy person to find or come across such forums, the kind of person who is a little more inquisitive on the net than the average person (this also depends on where you live, access to Internet, etc) also let's not forget that a considerable number of DV applicants still don't enter their applications themselves without help, many people still rely on relatives, friends, agents to complete their applications. I remember my own experience finding this forum on Google, it was after exploring several other search results containing official reports on the DV program and stuff like that. So, this forum is not hidden but it's also not very difficult to miss on the Internet either.
I agree with your comment about using the radio as a first means of communication, and I think we tend to underestimate how effective radio programs/shows are in reaching a far larger audience than even the Internet does today.
On the issue of people quarreling you for sharing stories (as long as you don't mention names involved in cases) don't pay attention to them, keep sharing such stories because they help educate other people on this forum and as long as you don't have any malicious intention or offensive comments that breach Ts&Cs on this forum, you can say whatever you want, this is the Internet, if people don't like what you say, that's their problem, not yours, as long as your stories are enlightening to many others. On the Internet,you are free to share information.
@Kovalski Well said.
It's true that the point of interaction with internet for many a user in Kenya may be a hindrance neccesitating seeking of assistance from the cyber cafe operator as one cannot for instance fill out the edv or ds 260 on a mobile device. Many cyber operators around are genuine business people, far in intention from agents.
Now, the ds 260 is a first one even to the cyber guys and expect that some issues occured. We can only wait and see but i really wish that more reports start flowing in in this forum.
earlier on, this thread was a bit more vibrant and could be that guys freaked out, have no money to keep browsing frequently, are too busy preparing.. i just do not know. All i know is that they are better off hanging on in th e forum than keeping off.
Yes i too have had some low moment sin the forum but come end of 2014 and i opted to let go, stay here and move on, albeit with resolve to shun friction.

I need someone describe to me the so called ''dv agents''. Can we still describe those cyber attendants who assist us complete a dv application as ''dv agents'' since we entrust them with all our information?

I need someone describe to me the so called ''dv agents''. Can we still describe those cyber attendants who assist us complete a dv application as ''dv agents'' since we entrust them with all our information?

I think the key difference is this: did the person simply help you fill out and submit the form (should be no problem as long as details correct) or did they fill it in so that they, not you, get to keep the confirmation number and get sent the email about 2NL - in which case you need the agent to access winner and interview info and this is where they extort people.

My opinion: If one is at least a high school graduate with basic computer knowledge, there is no good reason to engage an agent or cyber attendant. To entrust your personal details to someone else is to expose oneself to fraud. What prevents such an assistant from using the same data to mischievously do multiple applications for one applicant thus disqualifying many at selection stage? Also think of identity theft etc. The online application is fairly straight foward. Perhaps the only area needing assistance for many is photo cropping. Bottomline; as much as possible (and much is possible) application should be done by the primary applicant ( derivatives ok too). My honest opinion.

My opinion: If one is at least a high school graduate with basic computer knowledge, there is no good reason to engage an agent or cyber attendant. To entrust your personal details to someone else is to expose oneself to fraud. What prevents such an assistant from using the same data to mischievously do multiple applications for one applicant thus disqualifying many at selection stage? Also think of identity theft etc. The online application is fairly straight foward. Perhaps the only area needing assistance for many is photo cropping. Bottomline; as much as possible (and much is possible) application should be done by the primary applicant ( derivatives ok too). My honest opinion.

I agree with the above - ideally people should fill in their own forms - but I also don't think we need to needlessly spread panic among people who have just used someone to fill in the form. Yes they may "mischievously" enter again for the person, but probably wouldn't. Identity theft is certainly a concern, but I haven't seen any reports of that happening from DV agents? It is more the scam/blackmail angles that are of concern here it seems.

Nairobi announces that president Obama will be visiting Kenya this July! Guys I need my visa. U never know our good son of Kenya might just decide to give me free ride to Washington DC. Guys I am in a hurry to pick my Visas for my family and I- fingers crossed for us.

Welcome to your fatherland Mr. president.

I hope to take my sons to see Air force 1 touch down at JKIA, not in a movie but for real!

Nairobi announces that president Obama will be visiting Kenya this July! Guys I need my visa. U never know our good son of Kenya might just decide to give me free ride to Washington DC. Guys I am in a hurry to pick my Visas for my family and I- fingers crossed for us.

Welcome to your fatherland Mr. president.

I hope to take my sons to see Air force 1 touch down at JKIA, not in a movie but for real!
eheheheheheh

This depends I guess. If those Cyber attendants fill your application, prints you the confirmation page and never bother to call you again whether you win or not then you can exempt them from the "dv Agents" title. But if they fill that application for you and offer to keep your confirmation page with this pick up line, Will keep it for you and we shall check the results for you when results are printed come May and If you win... we will also help you pursue your dreams blah blah."
Or If they choose to keep your Personal+Family info and that "cyber attendant" not family/friend related keeps filing you application each year with the very first personal info you gave to them, not caring whether anything has changed since then and all of a sadden you receive a call with "you won dv and I need you to pay this or that for processing then those kind of people really deserve the DV Agent title!!

How you all doing Fam?

This depends I guess. If those Cyber attendants fill your application, prints you the confirmation page and never bother to call you again whether you win or not then you can exempt them from the "dv Agents" title. But if they fill that application for you and offer to keep your confirmation page with this pick up line, Will keep it for you and we shall check the results for you when results are printed come May and If you win... we will also help you pursue your dreams blah blah."
Or If they choose to keep your Personal+Family info and that "cyber attendant" not family/friend related keeps filing you application each year with the very first personal info you gave to them, not caring whether anything has changed since then and all of a sadden you receive a call with "you won dv and I need you to pay this or that for processing then those kind of people really deserve the DV Agent title!!

How you all doing Fam?

@Jorj

Doing great ! Yourself ?

Considering thatE="decks boy, post: 2391490, member: 191774"]I need someone describe to me the so called ''dv agents''. Can we still describe those cyber attendants who assist us complete a dv application as ''dv agents'' since we entrust them with all our information?[/QUOTE]
Considering that the out come of the application is uncertain and such it may require one to apply every year, I suggest that every one who is interested in DV should learn how to fill the application and the rules around it. You don't wanna visit an agent year by year and I hear that some times they don't even submit your application if they sense that you are so naive about the process.

And the cowards took away innocent lives of 147 university students and injured another, 79.
Whoever thinks this is how to make a point, it is plain insanity.
Our thoughts sand prayers to you, our fallen brothers and sisters.

And the cowards took away innocent lives of 147 university students and injured another, 79.
Whoever thinks this is how to make a point, it is plain insanity.
Our thoughts sand prayers to you, our fallen brothers and sisters.
Terrible & cowardly indeed. We will not be cowed. As Kenyans we stand firm against these scum of the world who act in the name of 'God' killing innocent people. No matter what they do we will not bow down to them. Eventually they will loose and we will triumph. May God comfort all our fellow country men who have lost their loved ones at Garissa University.

Hello guys good morning/evening/goodnight depending on the time zone.
just wanted to inform you guys that we reached safely in columbus ohio.
Am grateful to the lord and all you guys who have been with us all through, @Sm1smom, @Britsimon, @SusieQQQ, @DADA, simon all all you guys on the forum,
it was a very good flight, total time 18hrs accounting for time diffrence actual time 25hrs. Our host is great, family is good, so i wld like to wish everyone a great time and those not yet through to keep the faith.
Be blessed.

Hello guys good morning/evening/goodnight depending on the time zone.
just wanted to inform you guys that we reached safely in columbus ohio.
Am grateful to the lord and all you guys who have been with us all through, @Sm1smom, @Britsimon, @SusieQQQ, @DADA, simon all all you guys on the forum,
it was a very good flight, total time 18hrs accounting for time diffrence actual time 25hrs. Our host is great, family is good, so i wld like to wish everyone a great time and those not yet through to keep the faith.
Be blessed.

Congratulations on a safe arrival and welcome to the U.S.!