• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AP Related Cases

You have had to finish high school as a regular student, when you were supposed to finish. A GED later is not accepted. That is what I understand.
Good luck to all.

This is not quite correct. You can complete high school later than "when you were supposed to finish", but you have to present a proper high school certificate. Equivalency like GED is not accepted, and neither are vocational qualifications. So for example, if you do A levels at a further education college you will be fine as it is a proper high school certificate, even if you are older than usual when you do them.

This is not quite correct. You can complete high school later than "when you were supposed to finish", but you have to present a proper high school certificate. Equivalency like GED is not accepted, and neither are vocational qualifications. So for example, if you do A levels at a further education college you will be fine as it is a proper high school certificate, even if you are older than usual when you do them.

That's actually good to know, as I didn't quite understand what they accept and what they don't. Thank you for the clarification.

We have seen a couple of reports like that - and in the one or two cases I can think of the expired PCC was accepted since the applicant could prove/convince the CO they had not been back to that country after the PCC was issued.

THere have been other cases where someone had no PCC and was put on AP.
What about a selectee who leaves a country & gets PCC. But the selectee goes back to the same country for 6 weeks but doesn't have time to get an updated PCC because the country is so slow/ineffective in processing these PCC'S. Does this selectee face the chance of refusal/AP because he was in that country for 6 weeks and his PCC doesnt cover those 6 weeks?Might interviewer notice stamps on passport and say "Oh, Im putting you on AP because you dont have PCC for the whole amount of your time you spent in that country"?

What about a selectee who leaves a country & gets PCC. But the selectee goes back to the same country for 6 weeks but doesn't have time to get an updated PCC because the country is so slow/ineffective in processing these PCC'S. Does this selectee face the chance of refusal/AP because he was in that country for 6 weeks and his PCC doesnt cover those 6 weeks?Might interviewer notice stamps on passport and say "Oh, Im putting you on AP because you dont have PCC for the whole amount of your time you spent in that country"?

Yes.

Yes they "might".

However, PCCs are usually out of date the moment they are issued. You could be robbing a bank the same day they sign the PCC and you could be locked up in jail by the time you get the PCC saying you have a clean record. So - there is a little "common sense" applied - and it can rub both ways. So - your example might get you on AP, but probably wouldn't, and likewise someone recently went on AP to supply a PCC because they did not obtain a PCC for a country where they were just under the 12 month timeline that would have meant the PCC was required.

So - go on the cautious side....

Hi everybody.
I just want to inform you that Iranian AP in Yerevan And Abudhabi embassies for all cases who interviewed prior to January 2015 is just finished and yesterday embassies emailed applicants to bring their passport for visa issuance.
If I wanted to be exact, only 1 case in Abudhabi and two cases in Yerevan are still AP pending and all the other cases just cleared for visa issue.

This year Ankara US embassy is the most crowded embassy for Iranian applicants and we still don't heard from them. But since Administrative processing is not decided on embassy and all of the cases in that embassy last week updated several times in CEAC and we strongly believe that most of Iranians ap cases in Ankara embassy will be notified in the coming hours/days.

Just a reminder for Simon that AP duration for Iranian cases is now officially is below 3 months. Hope that reduces to 1 month or even less in the coming months.

Hi everybody.
I just want to inform you that Iranian AP in Yerevan And Abudhabi embassies for all cases who interviewed prior to January 2015 is just finished and yesterday embassies emailed applicants to bring their passport for visa issuance.
If I wanted to be exact, only 1 case in Abudhabi and two cases in Yerevan are still AP pending and all the other cases just cleared for visa issue.

This year Ankara US embassy is the most crowded embassy for Iranian applicants and we still don't heard from them. But since Administrative processing is not decided on embassy and all of the cases in that embassy last week updated several times in CEAC and we strongly believe that most of Iranians ap cases in Ankara embassy will be notified in the coming hours/days.

Just a reminder for Simon that AP duration for Iranian cases is now officially is below 3 months. Hope that reduces to 1 month or even less in the coming months.
Very good news! thank you for sharing. I'm hoping to be cleared soon as well..

Hi everybody.

Interesting! Thank you for sharing - this could be quite impactful for Asia region - and it would be HUGE news if Iranian AP reduced to 1 month.

hi everybody..................i'm a 2015 dv winner, i did my interview on wednesday march 25 in casablanca, everything was normal, the consular officer didn't ask me a lot of questions, and he told me that my visa is approved and that i have to come back monday to pick it up and gave a small pink paper receipt, but when i arrived to the consulate they told me that it's not yet ready and they'll call me once it is, when i check my visa status at ceac i get '''administrative processing''' is that normal? am i really on administrative processing or is it just the necessary time to print the visa?

Hi everybody.

Update:Most of Ankara interviewees prior of October, November and December received a letter that their administration process are complete and to bring their passport as soon as possible to get a visa.
So my last prediction is accurate and Iranian AP process duration is now 3 months.
If you compare the result with lottery 2013 it is pretty much the same for Iranians. First batch of APs closed in late January for October interviewees(AP duration about 4 month) and the second batch finished at late march for the November and December interviewees(3 month duration). If every thing goes as how it was in 2013 by the end of 2015 fiscal year process takes less than a month, and we are all agree that all Iranians will be current at the worst case scenario through August (since the last Iran case number is 8600) and all of them have enough time to process their form.
My estimation is that there are at least 3200 Iranian applicants who send their form by the end of November (If distribution of Iranian applicant before 4300 is same as after that) and we could cross off the one's who sent their forms late with the ones who will get rejected or stuck in AP and by the end if everything goes as plans we have around 3000-3200 visas for Iranians.
So I guess the final AS cutoff is way lower than 13500.

BTW: I received my notice to bring my passport a month ago. Guess that I'm an LPR now. Kudos to everyone.

hi everybody..................i'm a 2015 dv winner, i did my interview on wednesday march 25 in casablanca, everything was normal, the consular officer didn't ask me a lot of questions, and he told me that my visa is approved and that i have to come back monday to pick it up and gave a small pink paper receipt, but when i arrived to the consulate they told me that it's not yet ready and they'll call me once it is, when i check my visa status at ceac i get '''administrative processing''' is that normal? am i really on administrative processing or is it just the necessary time to print the visa?
Yes, its normal. You should receive it next week.

Also, please make a special cut-in for Indonesia, so that it goes higher than the general cut-off level.

Also, please make a special cut-in for Indonesia, so that it goes higher than the general cut-off level.

Apa kabar?

I'm from Indonesia too but it doesn't work that way, the best we can get is to have iran and nepal segregated from the rest of Asia's cut-off. I'm very devastated now my cn is too high

It is interesting that Indonesia is the 4th most populated country in the world, but there 40 times less applicants than in Nepal. Sounds like a business opportunity.

It is interesting that Indonesia is the 4th most populated country in the world, but there 40 times less applicants than in Nepal.

And the three above it are two ineligible countries plus the US itself ( and the next four are all ineligible as well). Indeed, surprising therefore that it doesnt have the largest number of DV applicants...

Well, if it did have a proportionately high number of applicants then siliconslinger would have been above the imposed cutoff for country limit and therefore not selected...