• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 winners from Europe

And there's a reason the owners of the forum felt a need to have people with "title" in place - it's meant to be an open moderated forum! so peace out too!!

Update of AP!
Got today the requested certificates from abroad. Translated+notarized and mailed them to the embassy with official courier service. Now waiting for their contact in order to send the passports for the visa stamp, hopefully soon as I´m going all grey... :)

Advice to those who apply for a police certificate in Italy: allow yourself minimum 3 weeks (!) time if you are not applying in person and don´t forget to fill the app form for:
1. Carichi Pendenti
2. Certificato Generale del Casellario Giudiziale
Both certificates are required or you will be put on AP otherwise.

Update of AP!
Got today the requested certificates from abroad. Translated+notarized and mailed them to the embassy with official courier service. Now waiting for their contact in order to send the passports for the visa stamp, hopefully soon as I´m going all grey... :)

Advice to those who apply for a police certificate in Italy: allow yourself minimum 3 weeks (!) time if you are not applying in person and don´t forget to fill the app form for:
1. Carichi Pendenti
2. Certificato Generale del Casellario Giudiziale
Both certificates are required or you will be put on AP otherwise.

Fingers crossed for the next step!

As we already discussed here in this thread, it will probably not make a difference either way, but today (unexpectedly) I did receive my new Canadian work permit. As you already said, 3rd country status probably won't matter, however, I still feel much relieved because this means I won't be showing up to the interview with an expired work permit.

This must be my 20th "last question", but I'm wondering:

According to the instructions specific to the consulate where my interview is going to be, I can pay the interview fee at the consulate.

I just tried to pre-pay at the NVS website, but I'm asked for my invoice identification #, which I don't have. I guess I can just wait and pay at the interview, or should I contact the NVS over this to pre-pay online?

This must be my 20th "last question", but I'm wondering:

According to the instructions specific to the consulate where my interview is going to be, I can pay the interview fee at the consulate.

I just tried to pre-pay at the NVS website, but I'm asked for my invoice identification #, which I don't have. I guess I can just wait and pay at the interview, or should I contact the NVS over this to pre-pay online?

I've never heard of any embassy accepting pre-payment of a DV fee. It is always paid at the embassy on the day of interview.

I've never heard of any embassy accepting pre-payment of a DV fee. It is always paid at the embassy on the day of interview.

Very good, thanks! The info package ("if you haven't paid already") is ambiguous, but I'll just pay at the consulate then. Thanks!

Very good, thanks! The info package ("if you haven't paid already") is ambiguous, but I'll just pay at the consulate then. Thanks!
Posts in this forum seem to suggest that come the day of interview, the embassy receives your documents and pre-peruses them, or comment on maybe any significant issue before allowing you to pay.

In short, I think they try to ensure that before they accept your payment, your chances of approval are high. Where a family is interviewing, cases of the main applicant being advised to first make his/her payment only, then others later have been reported.
It is in one's interest to wait and pay on that day.

Unfortunately not in Germany. You are definitely asked to bring €4,60 in stamps for your visa package.
(€4,60 for up to 4 family members = 1 envelope. E.g. for a family of 5 you need 2x €4,60)

Unfortunately not in Germany. You are definitely asked to bring €4,60 in stamps for your visa package.
(€4,60 for up to 4 family members = 1 envelope. E.g. for a family of 5 you need 2x €4,60)
No, this is old information - this is not any longer being required and you won't need to bring any stamps along to the Us consulate in Frankfurt.

No, this is old information - this is not any longer being required and you won't need to bring any stamps along to the Us consulate in Frankfurt.

Aren't the cost pretty insignificant anyway? I'm not familiar with the details of this, but generally speaking, considering what's at stake, instead of trying to save EURO 4,60 shouldn't you rather go for the more "fail safe" option?

where did you get that information?

Aren't the cost pretty insignificant anyway? I'm not familiar with the details of this, but generally speaking, considering what's at stake, instead of trying to save EURO 4,60 shouldn't you rather go for the more "fail safe" option?

it's not about saving a few bucks. that's why i said "for all i know you save €4 in stamps" which is obviously NOT worth creating an account. so "is there anything more to it?"

Has anyone had experience with www.ustraveldocs.com ? Is creating an account worth it?

For all i know you save yourself the €4,60 in stamps (in EU) for the passport delivery.

where did you get that information?

it's not about saving a few bucks. that's why i said "for all i know you save €4 in stamps" which is obviously NOT worth creating an account. so "is there anything more to it?"
Johannes, :) you certainly may take stamps and/or pre-paid envelopes along to the interview. You won't need them there of course, yet if this makes you feel better prepared, no problem whatsoever. Yet please, wherever possible, do not post old information as factual ("Unfortunately not in Germany. You are definitely asked to bring...") if you are indeed not 100% sure about the point, yet preferably post it as a question instead. Otherwise it will simply cause additional confusion for DV interviewees, given that the preparation process is rather complex already. Viel Erfolg beim Interview! EURO2014

Heya guys! Got my medical visit about 10 days ago! All went great apart few things:
a. Photographs. We had just regular photos taken at local pharmacy but they cut them to passport size. Not good. We had to go to a Fuji store nearby the clinic and retake them in a 2"x2" size cut for American Visa (have to specify).
b. Medical records and previous Xrays. Totally useless. They take new ones and they just check your Vaccination history. They gave us a shot of Tetanus booster.
c. Fees. In Dublin we paid €390 per adult and €270 for my son (16 months). A good bit more that what is written in the notes...

Interview in 5 days!!

Little out of plans situation: we'll need the passports the following day for travel reasons, so they recommended to remind this at the interview and send back passports for full approval as we get back to Dublin after few days.
It takes about 4-10 days to get then passports back. As we are numbered for April, it should be OK; if it happens in May, they cannot guarantee our GC! Wooo little panic! ;)