• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

hey guys, how are you doing?
according to the new requirement i was trying to register my appointment at www.usvisa-info.com, but i got difficulties of registering.
in one of the boxes it there is an instruction to fill the DS 260 form number, and when i fill the confirmation number which i received
during the online submission of the DS 260 form it says "it is already taken" .

is there any other DS 260 form number specific to each applicant besides the DS 260 confirmation number?

how can i register my appointment?

Hi guys. I have arrived US yesterday.
But, when I had told the officer that I wanted to change my adress, he told me to change it online. which page am I going to use to change address?

hey guys, how are you doing?
according to the new requirement i was trying to register my appointment at www.usvisa-info.com, but i got difficulties of registering.
in one of the boxes it there is an instruction to fill the DS 260 form number, and when i fill the confirmation number which i received
during the online submission of the DS 260 form it says "it is already taken" .

is there any other DS 260 form number specific to each applicant besides the DS 260 confirmation number?

how can i register my appointment?
you are correct it's the ds confirmation number : make sure to type it exactly as written and diffrentiate between zero 0 and the letter o

Hi guys. I have arrived US yesterday.
But, when I had told the officer that I wanted to change my adress, he told me to change it online. which page am I going to use to change address?
that's cool ; he us referring to the Uscis website ; the one used to pay for green card , you can access your account and change the address there , I think !

that's cool ; he us referring to the Uscis website ; the one used to pay for green card , you can access your account and change the address there , I think !
@ayanag glad you arrive US safely, besides @ZGREAT here is what I found on dv 2014 winner post for change of address steps
"
Changing a P.O.E is not a problem but when you change your residence
This might help:
"If you move to another residence after you arrive in the United States, you will need to update your address with USCIS:
° Step 1: Update your mailing address in USCIS ELIS under the “View My Profile” section on the main menu;...
° Step 2: Report a change of address to USCIS within 10 days of moving to a new residence by completing a USCIS
Form AR-11, Change of Address. You can file an AR-11 online at https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=coa.Terms or by
mail. If you use the Online Change of Address, you do not need to file a paper Form AR-11. To learn more about the
AR-11, Change of Address process please visit http://www.uscis.gov/ar-11.
Please Note: We strongly recommend that you update your address by visiting your local U.S. post office in person or online at
https://www.usps.com/umove. You should receive a confirmation notice from the U.S. Postal Service of your address change at your
new residence."
http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/f.../Resources/How Do I Guides/F4en.pdf "

Hi guys how many days does it take to finish the medical process is 10 days enough?
did you get 2nd letter ??? we were waiting for you in suspense ; "meketat albeh" :D depends on the load of the center you choose might take long but 10 days for the check up is enough ;

hi zgreat i received the 2nl on march 24 i thought i have posted it already!
congra @dawgeb, for the medical I remember :
Like on Friday we make appointment and the next Monday we did our blood sample , x-ray and on Wednesday physical check up and after four working days medical confirmation paper received.
But I strongly advice you to start medical as early as possible.
GOOD LUCK

i was pregnant and i gave birth after i send D-60 .now i receive my second paper what shall i do.can i register my child during interview he is 4 Month old?

i was pregnant and i gave birth after i send D-60 .now i receive my second paper what shall i do.can i register my child during interview he is 4 Month old?
Selam I faced the same problem like yours. What you should do is take the 2NL, Child's birth certificate and passport, your passport to the US Embassy Monday-Thursday at 11 am (5 local time) (they wont let you in if you come before 11) tell them that you gave birth after you won the DV lottery and you want your child to be included in the beneficiary list they will check your child's birth certificate and will give you a new letter that looks like the 2NL it will probably take you 15 minute. As for the DS-260 you can add the child for more info you can ask them at the embassy.

Congrats Dawgeb for your 2nd NL. Wish you good luck for your preparation for the big day!!!

Am dv 2015 winner from ethiopia Am requesting advise for z first time & Im not new for this forum, I have been well informed from ur various comments &advises I really thankful for that , my age on my hischool transcript & form ds 260 differ I went to the school they rissue me the new one, but the name of the school changed from hi school to preparatory & its stamps too i have the olde one in my hand . what u recommend me... & I have spelling peoblem on my ESLC that is read as niguse, but on form dsl= nigussie will it being me apeoblem? sorry for my long statement!

Last edited by a moderator:
Selam I faced the same problem like yours. What you should do is take the 2NL, Child's birth certificate and passport, your passport to the US Embassy Monday-Thursday at 11 am (5 local time) (they wont let you in if you come before 11) tell them that you gave birth after you won the DV lottery and you want your child to be included in the beneficiary list they will check your child's birth certificate and will give you a new letter that looks like the 2NL it will probably take you 15 minute. As for the DS-260 you can add the child for more info you can ask them at the embassy.
@biah and @selam90
I think @Ebro 's experience help : http://forums.immigration.com/threads/all-ethiopian-2015-dv-winners-meet-here.321013/page-113

"
Hi Dears,

Yesterday has been my interview day. It just ended up with an open appointment. The detail goes as below:

We got to the embassy at 6:00 local and passed through the usual security check. As we were holding a five months infant we have been given priority and the waiting time was short. Once we get inside the waiting room, a friendly Ethiopian lady gave us a folder to assemble the documents. We did the same and gave back to her. She has labeled our folder as "priority" and told us to wait until our name is called. Shortly after, my name was called to window 4. we all (my wife, 3 years son and the infant, whose name is not included in the 2ND letter, and myself) appeared in front of one Ethiopian lady. She took our finger print and returned some documents that are not relevant, like work experience. Having that we are four in number against three listed in the 2ND letter, she asked about the infant:

· Who is he? I told her "he is xxxx, a new born baby"

· Would you like to take him with you? I told her "yes"

Then, she gave me a form which I have to take it to the medical institution, told me to fill online form (DS 260) and come back any day (Monday to Thursday) at 7:00 as soon as the medical result matures. She also told me to pay for the entire family before the interview, which was something I was not expecting based on prior experiences I had from this thread.
Today I will be going to IOM to facilitate the medical process for my infant. "

@biah and @selam90
I think @Ebro 's experience help : http://forums.immigration.com/threads/all-ethiopian-2015-dv-winners-meet-here.321013/page-113

"
Hi Dears,

Yesterday has been my interview day. It just ended up with an open appointment. The detail goes as below:

We got to the embassy at 6:00 local and passed through the usual security check. As we were holding a five months infant we have been given priority and the waiting time was short. Once we get inside the waiting room, a friendly Ethiopian lady gave us a folder to assemble the documents. We did the same and gave back to her. She has labeled our folder as "priority" and told us to wait until our name is called. Shortly after, my name was called to window 4. we all (my wife, 3 years son and the infant, whose name is not included in the 2ND letter, and myself) appeared in front of one Ethiopian lady. She took our finger print and returned some documents that are not relevant, like work experience. Having that we are four in number against three listed in the 2ND letter, she asked about the infant:

· Who is he? I told her "he is xxxx, a new born baby"

· Would you like to take him with you? I told her "yes"

Then, she gave me a form which I have to take it to the medical institution, told me to fill online form (DS 260) and come back any day (Monday to Thursday) at 7:00 as soon as the medical result matures. She also told me to pay for the entire family before the interview, which was something I was not expecting based on prior experiences I had from this thread.
Today I will be going to IOM to facilitate the medical process for my infant. "

Yes @Ebro's experience may be helpful, but I believe the suggestion by @biah based on his own experience is much more superior and much more helpful! If it's possible to get the new baby's name added on the 2NL prior to the interview, it is better to do so. The baby's medical gets to be completed at the same time with the rest of the family prior to the interview and there wouldn't be any need for the family to be asked to come back on another day to complete the interview.

So @selam90, I suggest you follow the directive posted above by @biah.

Am dv 2015 winner from ethiopia Am requesting advise for z first time & Im not new for this forum, I have been well informed from ur various comments &advises I really thankful for that , my age on my hischool transcript & form ds 260 differ I went to the school they rissue me the new one, but the name of the school changed from hi school to preparatory & its stamps too i have the olde one in my hand . what u recommend me... & I have spelling peoblem on my ESLC that is read as niguse, but on form dsl= nigussie will it being me apeoblem? sorry for my long statement!
hello gere welcome at list to the posting side

so about the transcript take the new one and elaborate if asked at the interview

about the eslce I have read somewhere that they are issuing new amended certificates for this kind of problems ; but you must have a valid and correct passport and birth certificate ; go pay a visit to the NOE Ard 5 kilo and try your luck !

good luck