• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

January 2015 Visa Bulletin released

Sorry one more question for you @Britsimon. I will get my medical exam in my home country, my husband has a different nationality(Canadian) can he do it with me in my home country when we get there, or does he have to do it in Canada. I'm the main applicant. Thanks

Sorry one more question for you @Britsimon. I will get my medical exam in my home country, my husband has a different nationality(Canadian) can he do it with me in my home country when we get there, or does he have to do it in Canada. I'm the main applicant. Thanks

You both have to do the medical exam in your country.

Reactions: TTP
Well EU cutoff is at 20500 so you might be below that (in which case you are already current) or you will be current next month. Your number needs to be current to have an interview but you will not be scheduled until your DS260 is processed - and there is a backlog of cases being processed. I expect the next batch (March interviews) will be for current cases with forms submitted before early September.
Hello Buddy!!! Hello everyone!
@Britsimon, as you know my friend won the dv-2015 and have a very good number (I think he'll be current by march or april) but he hasn't submitted his DS-260 because he's waiting to get married. What do you think about the timing? Is there a risk because he hasn't send the form?

@Britsimon, as you know my friend won the dv-2015 and have a very good number (I think he'll be current by march or april) but he hasn't submitted his DS-260 because he's waiting to get married. What do you think about the timing? Is there a risk because he hasn't send the form?

Hi Vero - great to hear from you.

WE are about to see if they are speeding up with the processing on the DS260. I have always assumed that processing would get faster as the initial backlog was cleared - but up to now they seem to have been moving the DS260 submitted line on about a month each bulletin. So if we see some SEptember submissions started to get notifications in a week or two it will show that they are speeding up. If we only see late August that would be roughly the same pace as before. So - if your friend submitted today he might make the April or May 2NLs (June or July interviews) - but it is starting to get tight. I would not suggest waiting too much longer to submit, unless we see a dramatic speed up of processing (like late September or even October submissions).

Tell your friend to go get the civil ceremony done asap and get his forms in. IF that is still a few weeks away he might be best to submit the DS260 now as single, and add the wife later (since an added spouse seems to only add a month or so in reprocessing.

Hi Vero - great to hear from you.

WE are about to see if they are speeding up with the processing on the DS260. I have always assumed that processing would get faster as the initial backlog was cleared - but up to now they seem to have been moving the DS260 submitted line on about a month each bulletin. So if we see some SEptember submissions started to get notifications in a week or two it will show that they are speeding up. If we only see late August that would be roughly the same pace as before. So - if your friend submitted today he might make the April or May 2NLs (June or July interviews) - but it is starting to get tight. I would not suggest waiting too much longer to submit, unless we see a dramatic speed up of processing (like late September or even October submissions).

Tell your friend to go get the civil ceremony done asap and get his forms in. IF that is still a few weeks away he might be best to submit the DS260 now as single, and add the wife later (since an added spouse seems to only add a month or so in reprocessing.
Thank you my friend!!! you are always so helpful! I'll call him to make him speed up

Hey Veronice! I've been thinking about you. How is everything?

Hi Guys,

I am really understanding now when you guys kept saying some months back to hold on tight, its gona be a rollercoaster ride!! Good numbers for EU but still a way to go for me - low 40's.

Do you think EU will go current in the year?

Also does anybody have any experience or knowledge of the embassy in Dublin, Ireland. I have successfully interviewed for J1's there some years ago and they were a cake walk but this is clearly a different kettle of fish.
Hi.
I'm due to interview in Dublin if I get current. Im 39100. Dont know anyone who has been through interview there. I read somewhere there are approx 140 selectees from Ireland. Hope it all works out for you.

Hi.
I'm due to interview in Dublin if I get current. Im 39100. Dont know anyone who has been through interview there. I read somewhere there are approx 140 selectees from Ireland. Hope it all works out for you.

Im 1000 higher than you so we could be current at the same time. Ye it should be fine. The J1 interviews were grand there. Takes longer to actually get inside the building than you spend in it. Yes there was about 147 visas I believe. Lets just hope for some good numbers in April and May to get us closer. Long way to go.