• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

The refusal rate in Ghana is quite alarming... I wish people will have the info we have had here and elsewhere so that they shun these agents who pick ur data to enter the draw on your behalf but end up changing the data.. At times its sad that a selectee is denied based on reasons like wrong arrangent of names, incorrect date of birth and so on.. These all could have been avoided....
As we blame these agents, some of us are also culprits because the mere fact that some approach you and tell us he/she can take us abroad is enough reason for us to give out our bio-data without reading about it ourselves... My hope is that, Ghanaians will know that they can apply themselves

i was checking on the embassy in ankara of Turkey, they do 20 dv applicants a day
embassy capacity cant be the same across the regions. also note that immigration visa applications is not limited to DV but also Immediate Relatives, Special Immigrants, Family Preference and Employment Preference. Immigrant Visas Issued (by Foreign State of Chargeability or Place of Birth) Fiscal Year 2014 by Accra was 4,346 (Dv 1460) compare to turkey issuing 1,603 immigration visas for 2014 fiscal year.

The refusal rate in Ghana is quite alarming... I wish people will have the info we have had here and elsewhere so that they shun these agents who pick ur data to enter the draw on your behalf but end up changing the data.. At times its sad that a selectee is denied based on reasons like wrong arrangent of names, incorrect date of birth and so on.. These all could have been avoided....
As we blame these agents, some of us are also culprits because the mere fact that some approach you and tell us he/she can take us abroad is enough reason for us to give out our bio-data without reading about it ourselves... My hope is that, Ghanaians will know that they can apply themselves

Without wishing to insult or malign anyone, it is mainly agents for sure - but also it is cultural. It is what I call "creativity" in terms of Nigeria and is a cultural and even systemic approach to things in that part of Africa (Ghana included to some extent). Some of the standards for documentation sound amazing to European ears and the "creative solutions" that Ghanaians see as "normal" seem bizarre to someone from a more developed country.

As examples, unclear and recently changing rules on marriage customs, which attempt to recognize the various religious and cultural modifications. Common acceptance that bribes are just the way things are done. Bizarre and common inaccuracies regarding matching data on documents and the magical affidavits that people believe will wash away these inconsistencies. All of that in a country where about 98% are religious, so therefore believe that "God" can see all this chaos and "creativity".

Really - this experience has been an "eye opener" to me. I come from a country where people play by the rules - even when no one is watching, and a much smaller percentage even believe any form of God is watching.

If I filled the edv with my legally married wife's
name as Mrs and on her regular documents
including her passport she still has her maiden
name , do I have to do an affidavit (change of
name to Mrs Xxx and gazetted) or the marriage
certificate solves the Problem of Maiden name and after marriage name. ?
@Moderators & SusieQQQ, can you please help us with this post? I have read it over and over but cant still figure out which way to go

O
embassy capacity cant be the same across the regions. also note that immigration visa applications is not limited to DV but also Immediate Relatives, Special Immigrants, Family Preference and Employment Preference. Immigrant Visas Issued (by Foreign State of Chargeability or Place of Birth) Fiscal Year 2014 by Accra was 4,346 (Dv 1460) compare to turkey issuing 1,603 immigration visas for 2014 fiscal year.
4,346 last year and less than 200 in six months. What so different about this year?

If I filled the edv with my legally married wife's
name as Mrs and on her regular documents
including her passport she still has her maiden
name , do I have to do an affidavit (change of
name to Mrs Xxx and gazetted) or the marriage
certificate solves the Problem of Maiden name and after marriage name. ?
In Ghana, the legal and most recognized change of name is through the swearing of an affidavit or gazette so then you have to gazette for change of name. Note that in Ghana by law, it is not obligatory but instead for social status to adopt ones husband's name that is why on the marriage certificate the names of the female remain same. i am not a lawyer.

@Moderators & SusieQQQ, can you please help us with this post? I have read it over and over but cant still figure out which way to go

In most countries the marriage certificate would suffice. I am not familiar with Ghanaian law so don't know if it works the same or not.

i will agree with your idea of differences in embassy capability, but all the 20per day interviews i talked about were categorised under dv(diversity visa) i know about the other forms of iv. Its amazing accra issued the number of dv you quoted last year with regard to what we are seeing this year.

They are transfers out from Accra to another embassy. Once the embassy has "caught" the case they will show as READY at that embassy.
thanks for your reply, in such transfer cases, were they scheduled in accra and transfered or, were transfered feom accra before scheduling. Am asking this because accra keeps complaining of recieving full list each day from kcc there by doesn't have slots for rescheduling.

O

4,346 last year and less than 200 in six months. What so different about this year?
i will agree with your idea of differences in embassy capability, but all the 20per day interviews i talked about were categorised under dv(diversity visa) i know about the other forms of iv. Its amazing accra issued the number of dv you quoted last year with regard to what we are seeing this year.

it has been said that, most likely the embassy is not updating the system.

it has been said that, most likely the embassy is not updating the system.
i like your use of the phras "most likely", but if you check the extract from ceac posted by thowa, accra did an update on 18th march and updated again on 25th march, that is a week interval but it had issued less than 200visas unless they update ceac and hide some numbers issued ba it seems accra pays visit to ceac update. By the way are u back in Ghana?

i like your use of the phras "most likely", but if you check the extract from ceac posted by thowa, accra did an update on 18th march and updated again on 25th march, that is a week interval but it had issued less than 200visas unless they update ceac and hide some numbers issued ba it seems accra pays visit to ceac update. By the way are u back in Ghana?
i will be in Gh in july God willing. most likely because that is what i have read and seen although i dont understand too ;)