• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

Btw Gigiri is a very cold place anyone going there please be armed with very warm clothes,otherwise u would freeze.
Man! Gigiri cold? For kids yes.
People always jogging/ walkng pets along that road in shorts and sleeveless tops early in the morning, spotted any?
If you come from the mountains Runda, ruaka and environs have warm weather.
You are headed where it can be really cold.

hello my fellow forum mates and experts.i had submitted my ds-260 without a passport number in May last year.I requested the KCC to unlock it so that i can correct some errors in it.Earlier on while submitting my dv entry i had indicated on it my division called Funyula as my city of birth.But my birth certy indicate that my sub-county called Samia as a place of birth and in my passport which i picked yesterday indicate my place of birth as Samia.This Samia is both a newly created sub-county and is also indicated in my birth certy as the district of birth.My ID indicates Busia as my district of birth since i obtained my ID at the time Busia was still a district but now it is a county and new districts/sub-counties have been formed in it.With the little knowledge i have; i know kenya as having only three cities.ie Nairobi Mombasa and Kisumu,but am not born in any of these cities.My question is what do i put my city of birth as? Is a city of birth same as a place of birth?what do we put a city of birth,is it county name,sub-county name or division name?please help me i need to re-submit my ds-260 to day.Thanks in advance

hello my fellow forum mates and experts.i had submitted my ds-260 without a passport number in May last year.I requested the KCC to unlock it so that i can correct some errors in it.Earlier on while submitting my dv entry i had indicated on it my division called Funyula as my city of birth.But my birth certy indicate that my sub-county called Samia as a place of birth and in my passport which i picked yesterday indicate my place of birth as Samia.This Samia is both a newly created sub-county and is also indicated in my birth certy as the district of birth.My ID indicates Busia as my district of birth since i obtained my ID at the time Busia was still a district but now it is a county and new districts/sub-counties have been formed in it.With the little knowledge i have; i know kenya as having only three cities.ie Nairobi Mombasa and Kisumu,but am not born in any of these cities.My question is what do i put my city of birth as? Is a city of birth same as a place of birth?what do we put a city of birth,is it county name,sub-county name or division name?please help me i need to re-submit my ds-260 to day.Thanks in advance
You could be confusing a city with a division/ district.
Passports are processed using BIRTH CERITFICATES.
There could have been changes in administrative and electoral boundaries but i do not remember towns changing names.
Now, birth certificates capture information on exact location/town of birth - and even hospital.
The info in your birth certificate, your passport and subsequently your ds 260 must be the same.
For info in the ds 260 on state/province of birth, fill in the name of your at county.

Last edited:
You could be confusing a city with a division/ district.
Passports are processed using BIRTH CERITFICATES.
There could have been changes in administrative and electoral boundaries but i do not remember towns changing names.
Now, birth certificates capture information on exact location/town of birth - and even hospital.
The info in your birth certificate, your passport and subsequently your ds 260 must be the same.
For info in the ds 260 on state/province of birth, fill in the name of your at county.
Is true that towns have not changed names.My town is Busia but it doesnt appear in either my passport or my birth certificate as a district of birth.what appears is a sub-county/district called Samia as my place of birth and as i had stated earlier on my ID indicate my district of birth as Busia which has been upgraded to be a county.So what do i right in my ds-260 as a city of birth?

As i opined earlier, the ifo in your birth cert and ds 260 has to be consistent.
Samia is you place of birth so fill that as your city of birth.
Busia is your county so fill that as your state/province of birth and that you can explain as it is the truth.

out of curiosity, birth certificate are processed according to available records, obviously Samia was there even before counties came about.
I hope this was captured in your intial application, edv.

At least you should have asked why I specifically asked for that! I guess you care less to know now that you think I was out to 'exploit' somebody.

If you made your reason for wanting to hire a "GC winner" who is yet to attend their interview crystal clear in your posting, didn't ask people to respond via your personal email, or bothered to answer the series of questions @usken go asked in response to your post, there wouldn't have been any reason for me to be suspicious of your post or to ask more follow up questions like you're demanding I should have done.

You just joined the forum and your very first post is that of wanting to hire some "GC winner" yet to be interviewed - yeah, I find it suspicious. And by the way, there's no such thing as a "GC winner yet to be interviewed". A "GC winner" is actually someone who has had a successful interview and has actually made the initial trip to the U.S. to activate their LPR status.

If you made your reason for wanting to hire a "GC winner" who is yet to attend their interview crystal clear in your posting, didn't ask people to respond via your personal email, or bothered to answer the series of questions @usken go asked in response to your post, there wouldn't have been any reason for me to be suspicious of your post or to ask more follow up questions like you're demanding I should have done.

Yay for the mods, protecting people here :)
Well done (again) mom!

What kind of work.
One will also be living in the usa so the salary ( shs 100,000 = 1100 us dollars) ought to be in us dollars and, is this weekly, monthly or?

It was probably an annual amount in dollars (which would be a reasonably good salary in most of the US), and from reading the post that is now deleted I would guess it is BS.

It was probably an annual amount in dollars (which would be a reasonably good salary in most of the US), and from reading the post that is now deleted I would guess it is BS.

Actually what he was offering to pay was "Kshs 100,000 or more in US dollars" and that actually comes to less than $1,100.00 - but even at that, I still think it is BS too.

I had a very rough start here in the US (despite moving in with my relatives). I wanted someone I can help from the start to do it right. I am now self employed, with gross earnings of $20,000 a month. I can help someone get there too, but I have to do it from the beginning so we can get it right (paperwork work etc). It seems though people are only interested in coming into the country, and not what happens afterwards. All the best though.
Kindly share your story like here, including blogging.
If you go through this forum, you will realize that it is awesome phiranthropy from previous DV winners. Join and be a ray of light that lights a path for anyone who Cares to look, that's if you mean what you say.

I had a very rough start here in the US (despite moving in with my relatives). I wanted someone I can help from the start to do it right. I am now self employed, with gross earnings of $20,000 a month. I can help someone get there too, but I have to do it from the beginning so we can get it right (paperwork work etc). It seems though people are only interested in coming into the country, and not what happens afterwards. All the best though.

You're offering to pay people a small amount so you can help them earn a large amount? Or did I miss something?
Talk about too good to be true...

Rather than paying one person to share your secret why don't you share it for free with more people?

In the meanwhile, completely unrelated of course, maybe we should start another thread to warn people of these amazing ideas to make a lot of money quickly that turn out to be pyramid schemes or similar.

Looks like you have it all figured out! Eti pyramid schemes in the US, this is not Kenya. That mentality will take you nowhere.

I don't know what 'eti' is. Different name, same thing, what do they call it, direct selling or something. Like Amway. I know non-Kenyans in LA who lost money in a similar escapade on an 'energy drink'. Anyway why so defensive, I said it was unrelated.... And anyway if your scheme is so above board and good and you want to share it out of the goodness of your heart, why not tell us any details?

What you're claiming you can do has the word SCAM! written all over it. You're willing to hire someone and pay them roughly $1,100.00 (daily/weekly/monthly???) to learn the ropes about how to make mega bucks like you found out, except such a person must be a selectee who is yet to attend their interview?

What's that saying again???

ee9418cc3e1243c52fe647d77eacf0c1dd90b2004150891cf4e2561de9cd11dc.jpg