Boston MA - N-400 TimeLine

Just found out the next date of Oath in Boston: Feb. 18, 2014 Boston, MA John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum.
I don't think I'll get into this one. What is next?

Just found out the next date of Oath in Boston: Feb. 18, 2014 Boston, MA John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum.
I don't think I'll get into this one. What is next?

Worried :(

I had my N400 interview last week. I passed the English questions without an issue.

Quick background: I was issued 10 year bar and deported in 2005. I had to apply for I601 and I212 (waivers) prior to returning to US. The reason I was deported was because I had overstay after deportation order. I returned to US 2010.

During, the IO went through my application line by line and made some corrections based on her questions. on the application I said I was deported, arrested (by immigration). Initially I indicated that I wasn't charged for crime/offense but the IO indicated that I was charged for offense because the deportation was "demonstrative charge". She marked the question "Have you ever been charged for crime or offense" to "Yes."

Outside immigration issues, I don't have any other criminal offense.

At the end of the interview, the IO basically said she will not make a decision without consulting with her supervisor and they will mail me the decision.

Now I am worried. Perhaps I am worried too much because my previous experience with the USCIS. Anyone with similar experience. Can they take away my GC?

I submitted a one page form with N-400 where I provided my email address and cell phone numbers. any updates to my case are sent to phone via text and on email.

I don't have the oath letter yet. Spouse's status changes online to "in queue for Oath".

Not sure if we both get the same date and no idea if I will get the Feb 18.

So online status changed for husband three days ago and then wife's status changed online three days later. Should I try to get wife's oath date on the same day as husband's? Will USCIS's customer service be of any help?

How did you find when is the next oath? Found the link online: http://www.uscis.gov/news/celebrating-presidents-day-naturalization-ceremonies

Last edited by a moderator:
Nopes, still waiting but online status changed for both to oath scheduling..shoud be in the mail..any minute now.

oath

Jefkorn,

Keep me posted please. My events are about 10 days after yours.

Anybody else knows about Oath days in Massachusetts?

Thanks. :cool:

oath day in boston 99% on fri or thu and next oath in boston february 27-2014

i interviewed in boston for naturalization on jan 9 -2014 and still waiting for oath letter.

Thanks for sharing that info..curious to know the source? Did you ask interviewer in person or from an InfoPass? Where can others find the oath schedules?
oath day in boston 99% on fri or thu and next oath in boston february 27-2014

i interviewed in boston for naturalization on jan 9 -2014 and still waiting for oath letter.

There were a few places that did the naturalization ceremonies in MA but it is a royal pain how long they take to schedule these. Back in 2010, I had to wait 3.5 months for my naturalization after passing the interview. They gave me my oath ceremony letter right after passing the interview. Seems like things have only gotten worse since 2010. I had my naturalization ceremony at Mechanics Hall in Worcester and no, it was not because I lived in or near Worcester. I lived in the Boston city area at the time. Other places that I recall that they used to do ceremonies at were Faneuil Hall, JFK Library and some place in Lawrence.

Jefkorn what is going on? Did you receive the oath letter yet? I found out that US District Court schedules in average 3 naturalization ceremonies per month. But where are them?! Should be thousands of applicants in line that you first and me next have not received the date yet. With 3 ceremonies per month it should have been fairly quick! Do not understand this.

Keep in touch.:cool:

Oath letter mailed according to online status, waiting for the actual letter to arrive in mail.

Received oath letter, Oath on March 20 in Boston. For some reason, primary's oath letter is standard one page with white background mailed out from Missouri Benefits Center while spouse's oath letter is bright orange mailed from Boston office. The oath dates for both are same but the letter from local office for spouse was dated three days ago while the letter mailed from Missouri benefits center was dated feb 28.

Is video taping allowed? Has anyone ever hired a photographer or videographer to tape the ceremony? Are kids allowed?

Jefkorn congrats. You can take anyone you like to be at the oath. You can take video, photo any thing you like. Congrats again

Thanks Durres and good luck to you. I hope you will get your oath letter soon. It appears that there may be close to 400 people there plus the guests and it may take about 3 hours (based on what I read online).

Hi All,

I would like to share two N400s currently in Boston, MA DO

Applied - 11/12/14
Biometrics - 12/11/14
Interview - 3/12/15

Notice Date 12/29/14
Biometrics - 1/20/15
Interview - Not scheduled yet

Hey, for people at Boston...

I had my interview today. Very very efficient, my interview wasn't more than 15 min and all in all i spent an hr at the USCIS office. She started with me by giving the english speaking and written test followed by civic questions. Then they just go over your form, question by question ask the same thing. I guess they just want to see if there is any discrepancy. They do ask if you want to change name and so. I signed couple forms, she congratulated that I passed, gave a confirmation document and said that I should expect to have my oath ceremony anywhere between 2-4 months.

My timeline:
Applied - 11/12/14
Biometrics - 12/11/14
Interview - 3/12/15