• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

We are talking about people who have scar on the chest X ray whether active or latent if they have the scars they will do culture test !

THESE IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE FOR GOD'S SAKE !!
@ZGREAT really loved you professional inputs on the subject matter.
I have one question , is old tb scar mean the person who had tb and recovered completely after the treatment back quite few years ago? or is a person who didn't aware at all but has tb scar without being treated till now.
Besides i remeber one of our two year senior campus student encountered two times tb and graduated with us after two years delay cause of tb , but fortunately his wife won dv right after graduation . And they went together 2004.
Sorry i am confused old scar mean?

@Ahadu , no problem , you or your sponsor can get this form through this link http://www.uscis.gov/i-134 both the form and instruction of 1-134,
but the person who is going to fill this form is legally permanent resident in USA either your relative or close friend who is willing to fill up the form and send to you with all necessary document .
regards
rolex123
Hello @rolex123 ,

must the 'sponsor' be an LPR ? how about other '' legal visa statuses '' like work . . . ?

Thanks !

as per i-134 instruction it is LPR.
Please check in the link posted previously . I don't have slights idea about legal visa statuses.

What instruction is that, Rolex? The form itself allows for sponsors with working visas and the 9 FAM notes discuss that possibility without excluding sponsors with working visas. The 9 FAM notes indicate that the temporary nature of the working visa should be taken into account (meaning it might not be considered as safe as an LPR), but my understanding is that a person with a working visa could be a sponsor if needed. I could be wrong - so I would be interested if you can point me to the instructions that say that.

@ZGREAT really loved you professional inputs on the subject matter.
I have one question , is old tb scar mean the person who had tb and recovered completely after the treatment back quite few years ago? or is a person who didn't aware at all but has tb scar without being treated till now.
Besides i remeber one of our two year senior campus student encountered two times tb and graduated with us after two years delay cause of tb , but fortunately his wife won dv right after graduation . And they went together 2004.
Sorry i am confused old scar mean?
when a person get tb he will get cured after medication or without taking medication( by his immunity). the latter occur in 25% of patients after variable period of sickness. After recovery from tb, scars will be left on the lung. so when a person get chest xrayed these old scars will be seen. by this time if u have the symptoms of tb you will be treated with meds. and in IOM and possibly other immigration medical centers if u have the symptom of tb + chest xray showing scars u will get treated after doing sputum analysis, if u have no symptom they do culture to confirm the presence of active tb and if culture is +ve, u will be treated for 6mth or more

when a person get tb he will get cured after medication or without taking medication( by his immunity). the latter occur in 25% of patients after variable period of sickness. After recovery from tb, scars will be left on the lung. so when a person get chest xrayed these old scars will be seen. by this time if u have the symptoms of tb you will be treated with meds. and in IOM and possibly other immigration medical centers if u have the symptom of tb + chest xray showing scars u will get treated after doing sputum analysis, if u have no symptom they do culture to confirm the presence of active tb and if culture is +ve, u will be treated for 6mth or more
Thanks @abi328 ,how about for the first case, if someone had tb before and cured with treatment?

Last edited:
What instruction is that, Rolex? The form itself allows for sponsors with working visas and the 9 FAM notes discuss that possibility without excluding sponsors with working visas. The 9 FAM notes indicate that the temporary nature of the working visa should be taken into account (meaning it might not be considered as safe as an LPR), but my understanding is that a person with a working visa could be a sponsor if needed. I could be wrong - so I would be interested if you can point me to the instructions that say that.
sorry @Britsimon if i post wrong information but on the form under #1 catagory it has five options for the sponsor to answer
a.if a us citizen through nuteralization..
b.if us citizen through parents..
c. If us citizen was drived by some other method..
d. If a lawful permanent ...
e. If a lawfully admitted nonimigrant ..
I thought all catagories are legally permanent resident .
Sorry i didn't understand all to the fullest.

sorry @Britsimon if i post wrong information but on the form under #1 catagory it has five options for the sponsor to answer
a.if a us citizen through nuteralization..
b.if us citizen through parents..
c. If us citizen was drived by some other method..
d. If a lawful permanent ...
e. If a lawfully admitted nonimigrant ..
I thought all catagories are legally permanent resident .
Sorry i didn't understand all to the fullest.

No problem. Option e is for non immigrants (like H1) - but as I mentioned the CO may decide that the temporary nature of a non immigrant visa creates a time limit for support, so whilst someone can choose a non immigrant sponsor it is not the preferred option.

Hello guys...about 9-12 grade transcript authentication i have one question...i.e the regional education bureau requested me to bring new transcript which issued not more than before six month to make authentication....do you think that this will create problem at time of interview?....

Thank you. I am telling you the environment and the whole process is easier and friendlier than we could imagine. The image I pictured was totally wrong.

I dont know if it is the salary or not but all were very kind...happy...helpful...full of smile...starting from the security.
even if i am late to ask this i would like to ask you now...did they interviewed only your wife?

Hello guys...about 9-12 grade transcript authentication i have one question...i.e the regional education bureau requested me to bring new transcript which issued not more than before six month to make authentication....do you think that this will create problem at time of interview?....
They might see your issued transcript is not authonticated by director of your high school and stamp at the back side of your transcript.
Anyway here is what you should do , even if you have high school transcript issued befor six months u need to request official back side stampped transcript to before u authonticate at MoFA, but i don't understand why u went to regional beuaro ? i did mine first high school then MoFA. That is it!
Besides from most of AA US embassy dv interview exprience post only orginal high transcript is needed , so no need to worry if u have the original transcript with you.

Last edited:
They might see your issued transcript is not authonticated by director of your high school and stamp at the back side of your transcript.
Anyway here is what you should even if you have high school transcript issued befor six months u need to request official back side stampped transcript to before u authenticate at MoFA, but i don't understand why u went to regional beuaro ? i did mine first high school then MoFA. That is it!
rolex123 thanks...i finished from 9-12 grade out of addis "kifle hager" in our case to authenticate this transcript first u v to go to "timihret tsifet bet" and at this office as i told u earlier u should bring transcript which is not issued more than six month and after he/she authenticate u should go to regional education bureau for final authentication...and finally MOFA.Did you issued new transcript to authenticate?or u used your earlier transcript?

rolex123 thanks...i finished from 9-12 grade out of addis "kifle hager" in our case to authenticate this transcript first u v to go to "timihret tsifet bet" and at this office as i told u earlier u should bring transcript which is not issued more than six month and after he/she authenticate u should go to regional education bureau for final authentication...and finally MOFA.Did you issued new transcript to authenticate?or u used your earlier transcript?
New transcript becuase i lost the prviouse one almost 20years old, but as previous interview exprience no need to authonticate ur transcript , original is enough.

New transcript is not necessary. You can get the old one newly stamped at the back by the school and that is all you need. But getting new one is also not a problem. Extra stamps at the back from Timihirt Bureau and MoFA is not necessary but if you did that is fine.

New transcript is not necessary. You can get the old one newly stamped at the back by the school and that is all you need. But getting new one is also not a problem. Extra stamps at the back from Timihirt Bureau and MoFA is not necessary but if you did that is fine.
in my city the schools don't put stamp at z back of transcript it's timhirt tsifetbet and Biro are going to put z stamp does zis create problem...plus to that my school stamp is only Amharic am I expected to translatr

in my city the schools don't put stamp at z back of transcript it's timhirt tsifetbet and Biro are going to put z stamp does zis create problem...plus to that my school stamp is only Amharic am I expected to translatr
Dear Ahadu,
First of all as the forum members said, you don't need to have a new transcript, if you have the old transcript just have the school stamp and the Woreda educational office and Zone and then region finally MoFA. At least that is what I did for my "kiflehager" transcript. The other thing is if it is in Amharic/English you don't need to translate it (If your interview is in Addis). You said your school don't put stamp on your transcript, did the woreda educational office accept it and did the stap? that is strange for me. If they accepted it I think it will not be a problem.