• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 winners from Europe

also sussie, how can we change the address at POE, do we have to write down in letter, do we have to ask the immigration officer and let them know that we changed the initial address,

thanks

All you have to do is tell the IO at the POE you wish to change your address, no formal note/letter is required.

Hi TiberiusEU,
In a previous post you mentioned that you're waiting to be current, on this post you're saying that you're current now. Were you current on the last VB or not? Is your number below or above 28450?

I'm current now, the interview is in about 1 month from now. Just waiting for the last docs to come in. I got my criminal background checks right after I was selected for the 2015 cycle last May, but obviously they are expired now, so I have already requested new ones. And the high school diploma is on the way, too.

Hi guys! Had my interview today. Everything went smooth except a final surprise: I was asked to provide a Criminal record from a country I haven't stayed for 12 months (as max). As per DV instructions we aren't supposed to get a Criminal record from these countries (unless still being resident, which is not my case). I explained to the CO to have been following these rules but she insisted to her request so now I'm on AP...

Hi guys! Had my interview today. Everything went smooth except a final surprise: I was asked to provide a Criminal record from a country I haven't stayed for 12 months (as max). As per DV instructions we aren't supposed to get a Criminal record from these countries (unless still being resident, which is not my case). I explained to the CO to have been following these rules but she insisted to her request so now I'm on AP...

Sad to hear you're on AP. How long where you in this country for?

I lived there for 9-10 months @Sm1smom . At the embassy, when I approached the first window to hand in the documents, the lady told me the same (I would need the PC) but agreed with me when I told to have followed the residence time specifics as per DV instructions. However she warned me to expect the same request from the CO (which happened). Well, patience... I started right away the application to get the PC. Once I get this document, should I mail it to the embassy together with my passport?

I lived there for 9-10 months @Sm1smom . At the embassy, when I approached the first window to hand in the documents, the lady told me the same (I would need the PC) but agreed with me when I told to have followed the residence time specifics as per DV instructions. However she warned me to expect the same request from the CO (which happened). Well, patience... I started right away the application to get the PC. Once I get this document, should I mail it to the embassy together with my passport?

I agree the instruction says 12 months, however, I also think 9-10 months is close enough to being 12 months and would have recommended getting one too. Did the CO not provide you with instructions on what to do?

That sucks - sorry to hear it. Tirana are a law unto themselves.

Sorry about to be late to wish you luck before your interview and sory to hear about your AP but it doesn't to be hard to get it . Right? It shows that they have their own rules . I think so you will get the PC , ASAP and then got your visa .

I agree the instruction says 12 months, however, I also think 9-10 months is close enough to being 12 months and would have recommended getting one too. Did the CO not provide you with instructions on what to do?
Well, "close enough" is a matter of interpretation but why would we need the official rules then... put a minimum of 6-months-residence rule instead, simple ! The CO gave me a paper where was clearly stated which documents were missing and due to be sent by courier ASAP. So I guess the PC only has to be sent initially and passports afterwards, upon embassy instructions.

Sorry about to be late to wish you luck before your interview and sory to hear about your AP but it doesn't to be hard to get it . Right? It shows that they have their own rules . I think so you will get the PC , ASAP and then got your visa .
Hey @esa thank you for the encouragement! Our visas should be issued with no problems once we deliver my PC to the embassy. The interview itself was ok with questions like: when did you get your college diploma, which is your university degree, for how long were you resident in xxx country, when did you get married (+ did you apply for the DV before or after marriage), where are you going to live in US. Shall keep you posted, hopefully soon.

Reactions: esa
That sucks - sorry to hear it. Tirana are a law unto themselves.

I am in a similar situation, i.e. I lived in a country for 9-10 months. I emailed the embassy (Bern/Switzerland) and ask this specific question and they replied that only need a PC for countries where I lived for more than 12 months. As a result, I havent obtained a PC from that country. Given that I have it in writing from the embassy who is going to interview me, am I safe or should I still go ahead and try to get a PC?

Only checked the site in late November. For some reason I was expecting an email if got selected. I was wrong there. It took some time to get the details for the ds260. Only submitted on the 10th Feb. it seems it will be tight(September). My wife got selected 2015EU9xxx.

Myself and my wife have just changed jobs now. Is this a reason to unlock or should we wait until 2NL before correcting the form.

I am in a similar situation, i.e. I lived in a country for 9-10 months. I emailed the embassy (Bern/Switzerland) and ask this specific question and they replied that only need a PC for countries where I lived for more than 12 months. As a result, I havent obtained a PC from that country. Given that I have it in writing from the embassy who is going to interview me, am I safe or should I still go ahead and try to get a PC?

If you can prove the trip was only 9 to 10 months (in other words entry and exit dates, flights and so on) then in theory you shouldn't have to provide the PC. But what if they think you might have been there 13 months? The question is, do you want to have that argument in your interview and risk AP, or would you rather play it safe. Given the experience of Flori, I think I would play it safe....

Only checked the site in late November. For some reason I was expecting an email if got selected. I was wrong there. It took some time to get the details for the ds260. Only submitted on the 10th Feb. it seems it will be tight(September). My wife got selected 2015EU9xxx.

Myself and my wife have just changed jobs now. Is this a reason to unlock or should we wait until 2NL before correcting the form.

Changing jobs is not a big deal - simply update that at the interview....

Well, "close enough" is a matter of interpretation but why would we need the official rules then... put a minimum of 6-months-residence rule instead, simple ! The CO gave me a paper where was clearly stated which documents were missing and due to be sent by courier ASAP. So I guess the PC only has to be sent initially and passports afterwards, upon embassy instructions.

Well, there's no need to snap at me, I only told you what I would have done since I believe in better "safe than being sorry". Like Simon rightly pointed out above, if a person is going to own up to being in a country for about 9 - 10 months and there's no entry and exit stamp to confirm the duration of the stay, there's nothing to stop them from thinking the person actually stayed longer than they're claiming. I mean look at your initial response when I asked how long your stay was, you weren't quite specific as to the precise duration of your stay! Sorry I asked and followed up with a response!!