• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Mom,

I have my interview scheduled for March 20th. I have my College Transcripts for Undergraduate and Graduate School, but I don't have my High School transcript. Is that going to be required for the interview?

You don't need your HS transcript. Do you have the Diploma itself? Some IOs have insisted on seeing the HS Diploma itself in the past.

Hello Mom,
I was trying to update my address change but I do not have any receipt or receipt number.. How can I inform my address change? Also do I need to notarise all the copies of the documents in the AOS package?

You don't need your HS transcript. Do you have the Diploma itself? Some IOs have insisted on seeing the HS Diploma itself in the past.
I don't have that either and I am not sure I can get it in by March 20th either but I will try. On a seperate note, I see where you mentioned on another response that Medical is effective for 6 months as of March 1st. I did my medical mid last year, should I be worried about re-doing it again before the 20th?

Hello Mom,
I was trying to update my address change but I do not have any receipt or receipt number.. How can I inform my address change? Also do I need to notarise all the copies of the documents in the AOS package?

If you don't currently have a pending petition, then you start the process by selecting "No" and the system will not request a receipt number.

No.

I don't have that either and I am not sure I can get it in by March 20th either but I will try. On a seperate note, I see where you mentioned on another response that Medical is effective for 6 months as of March 1st. I did my medical mid last year, should I be worried about re-doing it again before the 20th?

Give it your best shot, of course at the end of the day, the IO may not ask, but better to be over prepared.

Regarding the medical exam, fingers crossed, the IO will also not make an issue of the medical date. USCIS officials are known to not be up to date or aware of the directives on newly released memos.

Unfortunately, an INFOPASS cannot make a change of address effective. Yes, USCIS requires all none USC to update their address within 10 days of moving to a new place. However, it takes some time for the change of address to be noted by USCIS, DV based AOS applicants who did so after filing their AOS package have reported about the mail still being sent to the old address. This is why I encourage people to have stick with their old address or have some form of personal arrangement in place if they're moving to a new place. Mail from USCIS is still likely to go to the old address.

In the past, once something is mailed out, the online alert would send text/email, depending on the option chosen - I'm not quite sure how reliable it still is. Regardless of the outcome of the last INFOPASS, I think you need to initiate another one.

Thanks, Mom, I'll figure out something then re: the address. And I'll schedule another INFOPASS to follow up.

Hello everyone my case number is AF71XXX and i will be current(if i ever become current) may be in september.
1) is it safe for me to unlock my ds-260 form to change my address? because the lease will end on august 30th?
2) is it possible to change the address when i go home for interview( i am doing cp)?
3) i am in the usa since 2010, do i need a US police record? Thanks to all of you for your help

Hello everyone my case number is AF71XXX and i will be current(if i ever become current) may be in september.
1) is it safe for me to unlock my ds-260 form to change my address? because the lease will end on august 30th?
2) is it possible to change the address when i go home for interview( i am doing cp)?
3) i am in the usa since 2010, do i need a US police record? Thanks to all of you for your help

Don't bother changing the address, do it at the interview. No police record for US needed.

Thank you so much for your help so far, @Sm1smom!

I have a few more questions about forms below.

Shouldn't be a problem. You will have the opportunity of listing them on your G-325 when it's time to file your AOS.

Looks like there's only space for 5 addresses on form G-325, but the prompt says last 5 years (and I've lived in more than 5 places last 5 years). Should I add the other addresses on an extra paper (there's no room on this one)?

Also, I lived at address A between June 2011 and September 2014, but I interned in a different city and lived at address B between May 2014 and August 2014 (subleased my apartment at address A). How should I write this? Right now I have them as below, but it seems like I'm unnecessarily repeating information (and if I put my previous internships, I'll have to do the same thing 2 more times):
  • Address A, August 2014-September 2014
  • Address B, May 2014-August 2014
  • Address A, June 2011-May 2014

I also wanted to make sure that I need to file form G-325A. As far as I can tell, there is absolutely no difference between G-325 and G-325A...

Also: my forms all have expiration dates that already passed, but there is no updated form available online. What should I do about that? Form I-693 is the worst offender, with an expiration date set in January of this year (http://www.uscis.gov/i-693), but form G-325A expired at the end of February, and form I-765 will expire in April which is before my interview date...

Thank you so much for your help so far, @Sm1smom!

I have a few more questions about forms below.

Looks like there's only space for 5 addresses on form G-325, but the prompt says last 5 years (and I've lived in more than 5 places last 5 years). Should I add the other addresses on an extra paper (there's no room on this one)?

Also, I lived at address A between June 2011 and September 2014, but I interned in a different city and lived at address B between May 2014 and August 2014 (subleased my apartment at address A). How should I write this? Right now I have them as below, but it seems like I'm unnecessarily repeating information (and if I put my previous internships, I'll have to do the same thing 2 more times):
  • Address A, August 2014-September 2014
  • Address B, May 2014-August 2014
  • Address A, June 2011-May 2014

I also wanted to make sure that I need to file form G-325A. As far as I can tell, there is absolutely no difference between G-325 and G-325A...

Also: my forms all have expiration dates that already passed, but there is no updated form available online. What should I do about that? Form I-693 is the worst offender, with an expiration date set in January of this year (http://www.uscis.gov/i-693), but form G-325A expired at the end of February, and form I-765 will expire in April which is before my interview date...

Okay, you're beginning to over think this entire process. The address listing doesn't have to be exact or precise. For instance, address A can simply be listed as June 2011 - Sept 2014, and address B as May 2014 - Aug 2014. I know that by listing it this way, the time spent at address B looks like it's already covered under address A, it really doesn't matter. They just want a rough idea of the places you've stayed in the past as this helps when they conduct their background checks on you.

Either G-325 or G-325A is fine, as long as you don't file G-325B or G-325C.

It's okay to use the expired forms, you will not be penalized for that.

Hi everyone. I am getting paranoid, so please help. Would someone tell me I have nothing to worry about?
I received Biometrics appointment letter on 1/18/2015 and did the bio on the date and time specified on the letter (1/28/2015) in Houston, TX. They stamped the Bio letter for me and gave it back to me. I came home and have done nothing but wait. It's been about 40 days now and no interview letter received. Did I miss something? Was I supposed to go to Application Support Center or anything? Is this 40 day wait normal?

I am on F1 visa (expied, but valid I-20). Have no idea what info-pass is but saw some people had their interview letter handed to them at info-pass. Am I missing something?
Thanks

Hi everyone. I am getting paranoid, so please help. Would someone tell me I have nothing to worry about?
I received Biometrics appointment letter on 1/18/2015 and did the bio on the date and time specified on the letter (1/28/2015) in Houston, TX. They stamped the Bio letter for me and gave it back to me. I came home and have done nothing but wait. It's been about 40 days now and no interview letter received. Did I miss something? Was I supposed to go to Application Support Center or anything? Is this 40 day wait normal?

I am on F1 visa (expied, but valid I-20). Have no idea what info-pass is but saw some people had their interview letter handed to them at info-pass. Am I missing something?
Thanks

If you check the 2015 Timelines (or past ones for that matter), you would have found out that waiting 40 days is not unusual. Other than that, you did not miss anything. And AFAIK, only one 2015 selectee has come back with a report of being handed their IL at an INFOPASS, that hardly counts as "some people". Here's a link to the INFOPASS website, you can read more about the program and schedule an appointment on it:

https://www.us-immigration.com/infopass/

Give it your best shot, of course at the end of the day, the IO may not ask, but better to be over prepared.

Regarding the medical exam, fingers crossed, the IO will also not make an issue of the medical date. USCIS officials are known to not be up to date or aware of the directives on newly released memos.

Thanks for the info Mom.
Katherine

Thank you so much for your help again (I usually do overthink things)!

Do you know if for form G-325A, the file number is the Alien/USCIS/A number?

Also, there are a couple of forms that are listed as optional/if applicable, and I wanted to make sure that I understand correctly whether they do or not apply to me:
  • Employment Authorization (I-765): I currently have an EAD card that will not expire until mid-September, so I don't think I need this?
  • Advanced Parole (I-131): My employer is filing an H1-B petition at the same time as this, so I doubt I could use the advanced parole even if it were approved; am I correct?
  • I-797 Notice of Action: I am currently on OPT with a valid F1 visa (until 2016). I did get a form I-797C for paying for my OPT card, and an I-797D when I received my card, should I give them copies of these (even though I have an EAD card already)?
For the Medical exam, do I need to wait for them to send me something (I keep reading about people having those scheduled), or can I just go ahead and schedule it? Also, does anyone know when the flu season is going to be over? I'd rather not have a shot at the end just for the "fun" of it...

For my pay stubs/bank statements, I assume if I'm sending the package 2 months earlier I'll show the previous 3 months and bring fresh copies of the more recent ones at the time of the interview.

Also, for the Employment letter, should I ask HR to give me a letter stating that I am currently employed, as well as my salary? Anything else?

Thank you again, so very much!

Last edited:
I guess there's a time limit for edits. For the "copies of tax return transcripts for the past 3 years," are the transcripts that can be downloaded from the IRS website what they mean? And if so, which ones do they want (account/record of account/return/wage transcipts?

And, another question, last one for tonight. Any particular reason why not all the vaccinations in the medical form made it to the google doc? Is it because we're out of the age range? And if I had the Tetanus shot as a kid, would they do it again (because it's most likely expired)

Hello All, I received my IL today finally, and funny fact it was just after going to a pointless infopass yesterday. Here are some details about my adventure. I arrived at my FO about 15min before my infopass time, and it wasn't long before they called my number to a window. When I arrived in front of the window, the lady did not let me explain my situation completely and she went on and on for five minutes explaining the usual B*llSh** about how I have to wait a lot more time because I485 takes over 1 year and a half to process and that DV base application are not expedited and are under the same timeline as other cases. But when she finally decided to let me talk I ask nicely and with a smile, like this :) if she could still take a look and she agreed. She went away and after about 10min she came back and told me that my case was here in the building but she could not answer any other question about it because she did not have access to the file and she wanted to call the service in question but they were already closed, of course. So then she agreed to take my number, and to call them the following day then to contact me to let me know about my case. But surprise, surprise! No call today. Anyway I'm glad that my case did not have any issue and that they were finally able to send me the IL. Now waiting for the big day and crossing my fingers.

Thank you so much for your help again (I usually do overthink things)!

Do you know if for form G-325A, the file number is the Alien/USCIS/A number?

Also, there are a couple of forms that are listed as optional/if applicable, and I wanted to make sure that I understand correctly whether they do or not apply to me:
  • Employment Authorization (I-765): I currently have an EAD card that will not expire until mid-September, so I don't think I need this?
  • Advanced Parole (I-131): My employer is filing an H1-B petition at the same time as this, so I doubt I could use the advanced parole even if it were approved; am I correct?
  • I-797 Notice of Action: I am currently on OPT with a valid F1 visa (until 2016). I did get a form I-797C for paying for my OPT card, and an I-797D when I received my card, should I give them copies of these (even though I have an EAD card already)?
For the Medical exam, do I need to wait for them to send me something (I keep reading about people having those scheduled), or can I just go ahead and schedule it? Also, does anyone know when the flu season is going to be over? I'd rather not have a shot at the end just for the "fun" of it...

For my pay stubs/bank statements, I assume if I'm sending the package 2 months earlier I'll show the previous 3 months and bring fresh copies of the more recent ones at the time of the interview.

Also, for the Employment letter, should I ask HR to give me a letter stating that I am currently employed, as well as my salary? Anything else?

Thank you again, so very much!

Well most times, I've come to realize overthinking things ends up complicating what could have otherwise been a simple and straightforward issue, it prevents us from seeing a simple solution which more often than not is staring one in the face, so at the end of the day it's of no use doing so!

- The file number section on the G-325A form starts with 'A' so obviously it's asking for the Alien number
- Regarding the forms listed as optional, the idea is for each person to determine if it's applicable to them or not, that's not a call I can make for everyone
  • You obviously don't need it considering the fact that your OPT is valid till September (which happens to be the end of the FY anyway), and the fact that your employer is also filing H1-B for you.
  • The AP card has no bearing on what your employer is filing for you.
  • Just the I-797D is fine, and nothing wrong with including a copy of the EAD card itself
- You schedule the medical yourself
- Yes
- Yes, a recently issued Verification of Employment letter would be great