• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 winners from Europe

Ok, I just received my 2NL (10 min ago) but when I log in, I dont see it... it still says "you have been randomly selected..." when do they post the 2NL?

2NL received (at last) whoohoooo!
I have an interview schedule in the end of April, I'm so Happy:D, even though nothing is guarantee but it is a step in the right direction
I'll update the spreadsheet immediately

Last edited:
This seems such a silly question, but I'm not sure what to do: My case # is going current soon, and I got an email today to check www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC for an update.

But when I'm trying, I just can't log on.

I'm prompted for my confirmation number in the format 2015xxxxxxxxxxxx (=16 digits). However, my confirmation # is only 10 digits, so together with the year I only get 14 digits.

My case number has 14 digits, so that doesn't work either. Is there something obvious that I'm overlooking?

This seems such a silly question, but I'm not sure what to do: My case # is going current soon, and I got an email today to check www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC for an update.

But when I'm trying, I just can't log on.

I'm prompted for my confirmation number in the format 2015xxxxxxxxxxxx (=16 digits). However, my confirmation # is only 10 digits, so together with the year I only get 14 digits.

My case number has 14 digits, so that doesn't work either. Is there something obvious that I'm overlooking?

The confirmation number is the number you got when you applied - not the case number. You can retrieve the number using the forgot case number link. It should be something like this - 20153AVS0XXXXXXX

The confirmation number is the number you got when you applied - not the case number. You can retrieve the number using the forgot case number link. It should be something like this - 20153AVS0XXXXXXX

Sorry for the late reply, it was a busy week. I'm current now, waiting for my interview in just over a month's time. My medical is coming up soon, too.

Yes, thanks for the help! I figured it out by following that link. My confusion was based on the fact that I was checking the DS-260 confirmation page, which at the bottom left and bottom right underneath 2 bar codes give me my case number, and my DS-260 confirmation number, which is different from the original entry confirmation number, and has a different number of digits.

All my documents are in good shape, the only thing I'm still waiting for is my original German high school diploma, which should arrive in time. Hypothetically speaking, would the following be enough to qualify (all the docs below I already have in my possession):

- Official English translation of my German high school diploma
- transcripts from a Canadian university for both a bachelor's and master's degree

I'm also working on a case to present my work experience, which also satisfies the requirements. However, the high school diploma seems the easier way to satisfy this requirement.

Thanks!
Tiberius

Sorry for the late reply, it was a busy week. I'm current now, waiting for my interview in just over a month's time. My medical is coming up soon, too.

Yes, thanks for the help! I figured it out by following that link. My confusion was based on the fact that I was checking the DS-260 confirmation page, which at the bottom left and bottom right underneath 2 bar codes give me my case number, and my DS-260 confirmation number, which is different from the original entry confirmation number, and has a different number of digits.

All my documents are in good shape, the only thing I'm still waiting for is my original German high school diploma, which should arrive in time. Hypothetically speaking, would the following be enough to qualify (all the docs below I already have in my possession):

- transcripts from a Canadian university for both a bachelor's and master's degree

I'm also working on a case to present my work experience, which also satisfies the requirements. However, the high school diploma seems the easier way to satisfy this requirement.

Thanks!
Tiberius

Whether or not they want your actual high school diploma varies by embassy. Worst case you will have to send it to them after if it arrives too late and they want it. Don't waste time on getting work experience stuff together, it's unnecessary if you meet the education requirement.

dear all, please I need some help ...

at PoE, when we arrive, what we get, do we get any number, as SSN confirmation, can we register our kids to school or we will have to wait for SSN to be mailed, can I change the mailing address at PEO, if yes, will they ask, because my address when i filled ds and our current destination is different, is that ok if we change at POE.

any help please
thanks

dear all, please I need some help ...

at PoE, when we arrive, what we get, do we get any number, as SSN confirmation, can we register our kids to school or we will have to wait for SSN to be mailed, can I change the mailing address at PEO, if yes, will they ask, because my address when i filled ds and our current destination is different, is that ok if we change at POE.

any help please
thanks

You don't get anything at POE other than your fingerprints taken, an entry stamp, and a welcome :)
You usually need proof of residence to register your kids in school as it is done by zone.
Yes you can change mailing address at POE.

Hi all,

Congrats everyone with getting 2NL for february interview, including myself :) I was reading this forum for a while and now I think is good start for a first post.
Long story short. Me and my girlfriend (3 years living together) participated in 2015 dv lottery, but only one of us won, me. Now as my interview is scheduled on february we planning to marry :) As I found some topics on this forums that if no froud is involved it should be no brainer to get visas for both of us, maybe some of you guys faced similar situation? Should we inform embassy that we are planning for marriage or just inform after marriage and take all the necessary documents to the interview. As I understand all requirements for my future wife is the same as for me, I mean medical examination and etc.

Thanks and good luck everyone with their interviews :)

Hello again,

I am happy to announce that we got our visa's. Both - me and my spouse. We got married about a month before interview. Collected ant translated all the necessary papers, informed KCC and embassy about our situation. Interview went smoothly, we were asked to showcase our proof of past relationship (it was easy, we showed photos from our past). Two days later, visas was in our hands.

So everything is possible. Good Luck :)

Dear friends,
I am new to the forum. My case number is EU31xxx. My interview will be in Ankara/Turkey. I read the forum until here. Sorry if I missed it, but I'm wondering if someone could please enlighten me on the documents we need to send to the consulate or KCC before the interview. Since my case number is not current yet. My 2NL hasn't been updated yet I'm not able to see the required documents I need to send before the interview. I just wanted to get prepared. I filed my DS260 back in October 15 2014. Thanks in advance.

Thanks!
Tiberius
Hi TiberiusEU,
In a previous post you mentioned that you're waiting to be current, on this post you're saying that you're current now. Were you current on the last VB or not? Is your number below or above 28450?

Dear friends,
I am new to the forum. My case number is EU31xxx. My interview will be in Ankara/Turkey. I read the forum until here. Sorry if I missed it, but I'm wondering if someone could please enlighten me on the documents we need to send to the consulate or KCC before the interview. Since my case number is not current yet. My 2NL hasn't been updated yet I'm not able to see the required documents I need to send before the interview. I just wanted to get prepared. I filed my DS260 back in October 15 2014. Thanks in advance.
http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/diversity-visa/if-you-are-selected.html

you have it here, just take your time and read everything is clear

You don't get anything at POE other than your fingerprints taken, an entry stamp, and a welcome :)
You usually need proof of residence to register your kids in school as it is done by zone.
Yes you can change mailing address at POE.

dear sussie, thank you for your reply

please we already made contact with school they said we need proof of address, immunization records for kids and birth certs, but they didnt ask for anything else.

we have the address, we contacted the school division based on our address and they said this is the school based on your address,
should we get SSN before we register our kids to school.

now if we say to school division that we won green card etc, they wont believe because people in US they dont know that you could get green card through lottery, we said to the school that we became PR recently.

any help please

also sussie, how can we change the address at POE, do we have to write down in letter, do we have to ask the immigration officer and let them know that we changed the initial address,

thanks

dear sussie, thank you for your reply

please we already made contact with school they said we need proof of address, immunization records for kids and birth certs, but they didnt ask for anything else.

we have the address, we contacted the school division based on our address and they said this is the school based on your address,
should we get SSN before we register our kids to school.

now if we say to school division that we won green card etc, they wont believe because people in US they dont know that you could get green card through lottery, we said to the school that we became PR recently.

any help please

Elementary and High schools in the US aren't concerned about their students' immigration status, so you're not required to tell the school or the school division whether you "won" the GC or how you became a LPR.

Yes, when one contacts the school board to find out about the applicable school district, like you did, the only information required is to "state" your residential address, again like you did, - they do no require you to present a proof of address before telling you which school your address falls under.

However, when you go to the school to register your kid(s), that is when you will be required to present the proof of address like Susie earlier posted. Your kid will not be registered without the presentation of that proof of address, as they don't want everyone showing up at any particular school and getting their kids registered there if it's not within their district or boundary. Now, the proof of address doesn't necessarily have to be in your name. If you're staying with a host, you can use one of the utility bills addressed to your host as the proof of address to be presented at the school, and if you're staying in a place of your own, your rental agreement can be presented as the proof of address.

And no, you do not need to get your SSN before doing school registration.