• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

Hi all,

Thanx alot for your helpful tips and support.

finally we got the passport .. however there is a sentence in the visa I can't understand :

UPON ENDORSEMENT SERVES AS TEMPORARY I-551 EVIDENCING PERMANENT RESIDENCE FOR 1 YEAR
what does that mean?

Hi all,

Thanx alot for your helpful tips and support.

finally we got the passport .. however there is a sentence in the visa I can't understand :

UPON ENDORSEMENT SERVES AS TEMPORARY I-551 EVIDENCING PERMANENT RESIDENCE FOR 1 YEAR
what does that mean?

THe visa you have in your passport is a one time use visa - when you enter you become an LPR. However, until you get the physical plastic Green Card (I-551) that an LPR gets you might need to travel - so they "endorse" the temporary visa and that serves aas evidence of your status as an LPR for up to 1 year of use. It is assumed you will have received the GC WAY before the 1 year is up - and then you show that, not the endorsed visa.

I will not take my newborn baby (3 months) to US. I will take her when she is 3 years old. So how can I fill out form DS260 ?

I will not take my newborn baby (3 months) to US. I will take her when she is 3 years old. So how can I fill out form DS260 ?
Why ? Who will care for the very tender kid??
You feel that the kid will make it hard for you to go about your daily life in the Us, I am just curious you want to leave behind a 3 month old toddler!
Its possible to delay your travelling until the child is nine months old.
If your interview is unscheduled, you have more time for the kid to add up a few more months, closer to day care age and now possible to entrust to someone for a short while
At three years, the kid will have learnt his/ her first language- better if in Us already
And so on..
I am not against your planing though as i do not know your situation, I am just giving my opinion.

Thanks for your message,

I envision that I may face difficult life in USA, if I work alone. So I can not afford my family. I will leave my child with my parents to look after. That's why I want to know how I fill out the Form DS260.

Thanks for your message,

I envision that I may face difficult life in USA, if I work alone. So I can not afford my family. I will leave my child with my parents to look after. That's why I want to know how I fill out the Form DS260.
I see and it is what I had anticipated.
In. the D's 260, you must list all your children. If you are dead set against going with your kid then then you answer no in the question asking if this child will be migrating with you. I am offering you this advice with sadness about this answer.
Remember if you opt to do this, you will have to do a petition for your child to join you. This is costly and may take quite sometime - possibly a few years and some money.
If you can afford it, wait the longest possible before going to activate the green card, come back an wait for at most ten months then make the final move with your kid.
What is your CN?
Something to note, I can recall an interview experience posted somewhere in this forum whereby the CO asked the interviewed a question about the kids and then made a comment about disliking it when people leave their kids behind. I hope you do not meet such a situation.

Thanks for your message,

If you're not taking your baby along, you will still list her on your DS form and indicate she will not be immigrating with you. Listing her now will make it possible for you to sponsor her at a later date. Also, make sure you DO NOT fill out a separate DS-260 form for her, because if you do so they will interpret that to mean you wish to take her along.

Why ? Who will care for the very tender kid??
You feel that the kid will make it hard for you to go about your daily life in the Us, I am just curious you want to leave behind a 3 month old toddler!
Its possible to delay your travelling until the child is nine months old.
If your interview is unscheduled, you have more time for the kid to add up a few more months, closer to day care age and now possible to entrust to someone for a short while
At three years, the kid will have learnt his/ her first language- better if in Us already
And so on..
I am not against your planing though as i do not know your situation, I am just giving my opinion.

Although the OP's plan of leaving the baby behind with her parents may sound harsh and unimaginable, I believe she is being very pragmatic and realistic. Trying to start life in the US as a new immigrant is hard enough on its own, talk less of starting as a single mom with a very young baby and no one to assist her. Child care is very expensive in the US. She will either have to opt to not work and end up becoming a public charge; or spend the whole day working, unable to spend any significant time with the child, and at the end of the day use her entire pay check to pay for child care, practically live from pay check to pay check unable to save anything!

If she leaves the baby behind as she's planning to, yes she will miss out on the baby's significant 'first', she's however assured the baby is receiving the best possible care he/she can get, she can travel back often to see the baby and she would have been able to get life rolling in the US by the time she brings the baby over. Harsh decision, but it is what it is!

Although the OP's plan of leaving the baby behind with her parents may sound harsh and unimaginable, she is being very very realistic

Agree, and many parents for one reason or another sacrifice seeing their children for a few years in order to give them better long term opportunities. I would see this as one of those cases.

Although the OP's plan of leaving the baby behind with her parents may sound harsh and unimaginable, she is being very very realistic
I Agee and I and I fully feel her. I am trying help her get to daycare age with minimal difficulty for her and the kid 's DV journey.

Agree, and many parents for one reason or another sacrifice seeing their children for a few years in order to give them better long term opportunities. I would see this as one of those cases.

Exactly!
(I was actually still in the process of writing when my iPad went wonky on me and posted the first two lines :))

I Agee and I and I fully feel her. I am trying help her get to daycare age with minimal difficulty for her and the kid 's DV journey.

I think you should read the rest of my post (like I explained in response to Susie, I was still writing that post before it got 'accidentally posted').

Daycare for babies costs an arm and a leg in the US. It's the reason most couples often opt for one partner to stay at home and look after the kids, while only the other partner works. For most with younger kids, day care is not an option because at the end of the day, it's like using your entire paycheck yo pay for day care.

Very scaring to me!
Three kids aged 4 to 7!

Well, from kindergarten (5-6) they are in the public school system. If you're lucky your school will have a cheap aftercare center. It's really only the pre-K that is expensive - obviously with a new baby that is a lot of years of expensive though, especially if you are going to be minimum wage or not much above that.

Hi,
I sent email to KCCDV@state.gov about my case
Case Number: 2015EU000061**
form submitted: August 2014
reopen : September and submitted October
and I received this by email :
Your forms have been received and pending further embassy review for the continuation of your visa processing. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing. KCC is currently scheduling visa numbers for your region for the month of April. Please refer to the visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov to locate the current numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month.

can you help me to understand when my interview is ????