• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

Hey Team!

Congrats to all 2nl's for April- great news!

How do we think processing times of DS-260 are tracking? is it safe to assume that there probably has not been much of an increase in speed? If any?

It seems like there has been no increase in speed. Most cases were September or before - I found one that was Oct 5. I was hoping for mid October - and lots of them.

Congratulations to everyone on their appointments!

I'm in El Rompido Spain at the moment trying to keep track of the forum when I can.

What do you think the implications of that might be?

I think it will help higher numbers - but the help will vary by region.

Let's assume they don't speed up at all. Basically anyone submitting the DS260 from now on is gambling. The last VB will be set (and interviews will be scheduled) from forms processed by early July (July 1 or 2). They need that to issue the visa bulletin. So - someone might be sitting around waiting until April to submit their form - and they would have no chance (unless speed increases). Some March ones might make it.

Now - I suspect that the biggest impact of that will be felt in AF region. It is possible that people were confused or put off by the switch to the DS260, but whilst that is hard to show in the CEAC data in Asia for instance, you can easily see that happening in AF. OC impact is harder to spot as the numbers are smaller.

We are at 7:45, so I'm hoping to be outa there and make it to work on time at 9 with a big smile on my face.
I'll be sitting somewhere behind you listening no doubt, with no idea it's you. I'm at 8.45 but plan on being early so I don't be late lol

Hi Guys, for those that have already entered the US, is there anything in particular you need at POE (apart from the packet from the Embassy)? I know a couple people had trouble with paperwork/photos not being included in the packet from the Embassy. Just want to make sure it goes smoothly. Thanks

Hi Guys, for those that have already entered the US, is there anything in particular you need at POE (apart from the packet from the Embassy)? I know a couple people had trouble with paperwork/photos not being included in the packet from the Embassy. Just want to make sure it goes smoothly. Thanks
Hi ECM I took along copies of all paperwork I submitted for the interview in Sydney (in hand luggage) just in case including a copy of the DS260, but I did not need them. Some others did not have all the documents in the sealed pack and were asked for a few things..

Can someone tell me where and how to pay for my lottery fee? It says that some embassies collect payment and some don't. What's the case for Sydney?

Can someone tell me where and how to pay for my lottery fee? It says that some embassies collect payment and some don't. What's the case for Sydney?

For Sydney, you pay at the embassy on the day of your interview.

Hi ECM I took along copies of all paperwork I submitted for the interview in Sydney (in hand luggage) just in case including a copy of the DS260, but I did not need them. Some others did not have all the documents in the sealed pack and were asked for a few things..

Ok so just want to clarify as Ill be making POE of the 31st of March. You need to bring along the sealed packet unopened, passport with visa (of course) and the x rays?

Yes agreed - the combination of Ds260 screwup and the system glitch effect is hard to distinguish. However, it seems very unlikely we are getting a higher response rate. The Ceac data just doesn't show that and it probably would by now.

I do enjoy a bit of lamb myself!

Britsimon - I've not been following this thread as closely as last year. Are you saying there has been ANOTHER stuff up for DV-2015 (like they stuffed up 2014)?

Britsimon - I've not been following this thread as closely as last year. Are you saying there has been ANOTHER stuff up for DV-2015 (like they stuffed up 2014)?

Well what you mean by stuff up is probably the new normal. Like 2014, they have invited too many selectees, so some will be left out in the cold.

Well what you mean by stuff up is probably the new normal. Like 2014, they have invited too many selectees, so some will be left out in the cold.

Yes -- the number of OC people getting visas is fairly consistent year to year: between 650 and 850, depending on the visa quota for that year. Previously, the quota was sufficient for everyone who responded to get an interview.

Nowadays they select double or triple the number they need, creating a large bank of extraneous high case numbers. (And, of course, heartbroken selectees.) I wouldn't call it a stuff-up so much as a flint-hearted way for bureaucrats to be sure they're filling their quota.

Ok so just want to clarify as Ill be making POE of the 31st of March. You need to bring along the sealed packet unopened, passport with visa (of course) and the x rays?
Yes that is correct, however they did not want to see the X-rays at POE, just in case take along a copy of your DS 260...

Hi guys, Thanks for all you previous support and advice. Overjoyed to say we received our passports and visa packets in the mail today and they were issued on 25 Feb 2015. The doctor sent our previously incomplete medical forms back to the Consulate on 17 Feb, So it took about 2 weeks post our interview on 10 Feb, for the visas to be issued and about 1 week processing at the Consulate from when they got the extra information they needed. Pretty efficient, I think. We have to be there by end July so are working out all the steps now. Thinking we'll do an activation trip in early July and then return in November to settle. Emily, would you please be able to add us onto your fabulous spreadsheet as well? Cheers!

We had our medicals yesterday. As far as I can tell it all went smoothly. They are actually sending all our stuff directly to the consulate which was a weird feeling. It's strange how every place seems to have a different process, even in the same city.

There was no concern over HEP A or B either, which given the recent berry saga that's going on, surprised me.

We did indeed need 6 photographs like they asked for, where as others seemed to have only needed 4.

I also asked about the DS-3025 form and they said that they would send that over too.

Would it be worth calling the consulate to enquire that it's there before my interview on Tuesday?

We had our medicals yesterday. As far as I can tell it all went smoothly. They are actually sending all our stuff directly to the consulate which was a weird feeling. It's strange how every place seems to have a different process, even in the same city.

There was no concern over HEP A or B either, which given the recent berry saga that's going on, surprised me.

We did indeed need 6 photographs like they asked for, where as others seemed to have only needed 4.

I also asked about the DS-3025 form and they said that they would send that over too.

Would it be worth calling the consulate to enquire that it's there before my interview on Tuesday?
They gave you a copy of the DS 3025 though didn't they? Along with your X-ray cd?