• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

Hi guys. Please view the following page.
https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-et/iv
It says-
Important Notice – Launch of Local Call Center Service for Visa applicants Effective 26 January 2015, the local call center service for applicants of U.S. Consular services in Ethiopia will go into effect. Applicants can access this service by calling our local number in Ethiopia:
+251 11 5582424
For more details concerning the services of the call center, please visit https://ais.usvisa- info.com/en-et/niv/information/contact_us

Hello @Britsimon

I have a question ; I have read on your page and here that the forms we sent will pass through some strict background check ;

So my question is if someone is found to have some problem from the checks ( security or other)
does that mean he will not receive the 2nd letter ?

Thanks in advance

Hello @Britsimon

I have a question ; I have read on your page and here that the forms we sent will pass through some strict background check ;

So my question is if someone is found to have some problem from the checks ( security or other)

Thanks in advance

KCC do not refuse ANY cases. If something is found, you still get the interview and the issue will be discussed/decided there.

Hello @Britsimon

Thanks in advance

Just to clarify on what britsimon said, KCC do not have authority to decide on cases, only a consular office can do that. If KCC see a problem in the initial background check they will "flag" the application. The embassy will do its set of background checks. Then as simon says will discuss in interview and that is when you will find out success/denied/AP.

status update
to fix IOM and police certificate appointment it is possible to send the derivative/spouse with all the necessary documents passport, photo and second notification print out , and as i am a bit far from addis ababa right now my husband went this morning to IOM and police and managed fixing
1 medical appointment for Monday
2. police for Tuesdays ,
BTW I'm just a bit surprised when my husband told me medical result will be sent on march 10 if there is no further treatment or additional examination required , guys those who got second notification for April interview I think you should schedule medical exam as early as possible because minimum the medical center need 10days two send the result if and only if they are not put you in further medical test or other .
By the way what kind of medical result would put you for further examination or delay to send the result ? any experience ?

status update
to fix IOM and police certificate appointment it is possible to send the derivative/spouse with all the necessary documents passport, photo and second notification print out , and as i am a bit far from addis ababa right now my husband went this morning to IOM and police and managed fixing
1 medical appointment for Monday
2. police for Tuesdays ,
BTW I'm just a bit surprised when my husband told me medical result will be sent on march 10 if there is no further treatment or additional examination required , guys those who got second notification for April interview I think you should schedule medical exam as early as possible because minimum the medical center need 10days two send the result if and only if they are not put you in further medical test or other .
By the way what kind of medical result would put you for further examination or delay to send the result ? any experience ?
that's so smooth for you dear

active or latent TB infection is the leading cause of delay since culture test will be done and it will take 6 to 8 weeks and being VDRL positive is another case but can be treated in a week time

active or latent TB infection is the leading cause of delay since culture test will be done and it will take 6 to 8 weeks and being VDRL positive is another case but can be treated in a week time
thanks for the swift reply @ZGREAT , but if the aforementioned case happened during the medical exam and considering 6 to 8 weeks duration culture test will the applicant go interview without confirmation of medical result ?

Oh, there are many countries like this sadly. SA too though the limits have been raised a lot now. I am surprised that there is no higher allowance for emigrants though.

Many tales of how to do this...(not Ethiopia specific)
A common one is via family of people in the US, especially where they (would usually) send money back home - you pay someone in your home country and someone else in the US deposits the dollar equivalent into a bank account there. Of course you need to be able to trust the people involved.
Yes that is what I have been doing exactly! Through time I am now getting more offer than I need. The key point is to get someone you fully trust. My friend opened a separate account for the purpose.

Wawoo ....... many many interesting things happened within the last three/four days I disappeared from the net. Congratulations to rolex and all who received the 2nl. Wish you all the best for the interview!!!

For the medical check, IOM is ok but in case you have some inconvenience there, another option is St. Yared Hospital where my family did our medical. They are totally dedicated and they know everything they need to do.

Yaa. I have the same issue. I was in commercial bank last week. They told me that there is no way one can get a single dollar above 1000. Really disappointing. How can one immigrant visa holder take only 1000 dollars? What is he/she going to do to the rest of money he/she has? What a rule? Ohhh... I'm happy I'm leaving.
Please help us, anyone with another way of transferring OUR money.
it is sad that the policy did not factor in immigrants, at least they should have given immigrants $10000 which most countries allow for free passage. In principle, it is not a bad policy anyway, as it is part of government's macroeconomy monetary policy to stabilise the country's currency. when too many birr are been converted in other countries currency, in order words high demand for US$ will lead to a fall in the value or purchasing power of the birr. i will advice you try travellers cheque although you will be paying tax and commission.

This was great issue of discussion around 6th page of this thread, whether it required at US embassy Addis Ababa or not. It has been said a lot about it.
I personally advice friends to have it (unless you can show 200,000birr/person personal asset and/or bank statement). Why do we take (even 0.01%) risk of AP?
how can I get AOS?mean who can fill,.....

@Ahadu you request a friend or relative who is legally permanent resident in USA , it will not take time to prepare the document may be half day , here sample and other necessary documents I have attached for reference .

@Ahadu Samples

Attachments

• sample-i-134.pdf
    623.4 KB · Views: 14
  • sample-i-134.pdf
    623.4 KB · Views: 15
  • PAY BILL.JPG
    PAY BILL.JPG
    289.2 KB · Views: 9
  • w-2 wage & tax.JPG
    w-2 wage & tax.JPG
    355.7 KB · Views: 7
@Ahadu you request a friend or relative who is legally permanent resident in USA , it will not take time to prepare the document may be half day , here sample and other necessary documents I have attached for reference .
@Ahadu instruction and current I-134 form

Attachments

• i-134instr.pdf
    47.5 KB · Views: 5
  • i-134 FORM.pdf
    76.9 KB · Views: 4

active or latent TB infection is the leading cause of delay since culture test will be done and it will take 6 to 8 weeks and being VDRL positive is another case but can be treated in a week time[/QUOTE

latent tb doesnt require culture as far as a person has no symptom,If the person has no symptom one can't even find a sample to culture. For your amazement 2/3 of the world population has latent tb, but this doesnt mean they are diseased. Being a graduating medical student, i encounter tb cases daily and know who needs culture and who dont

Thank you very much rolex123....it is very helpful for me.But i have still a question..hope you don't mind to give answer.....who is going to fill the form and where can I or my sponsor get this form.....thanks in advance
@Ahadu , no problem , you or your sponsor can get this form through this link http://www.uscis.gov/i-134 both the form and instruction of 1-134,
but the person who is going to fill this form is legally permanent resident in USA either your relative or close friend who is willing to fill up the form and send to you with all necessary document .
regards
rolex123

latent tb doesnt require culture as far as a person has no symptom,If the person has no symptom one can't even find a sample to culture. For your amazement 2/3 of the world population has latent tb, but this doesnt mean they are diseased. Being a graduating medical student, i encounter tb cases daily and know who needs culture and who dont

That statistic would amaze the world health organization too, as they think the figure is one third...

Did you graduate already?