J1 Visa Administrative processing Paris, France

Eliza Klein

Hello,

I know some posts are related but I couldn't find the right answer to my issue.
I went to my J1 visa interview in Paris on December 24th.
The vice-consul after talking to me for a couple minutes, told me that my visa was approved and that I would receive my passport with the printed visa in about 4 days per mail.
I know we are in the christmas holiday season, but on my Visa Status Check it's written 'Administrative Processing' and that the latest update was made on December 24th.

I read that usually this can happen to anyone but that they give you some pink or blue sheet and tell you at your interview at the Embassy that your application is kinda on hold because of this 'Administrative Processing'.
But no-one told me or give me anything.

My flight is on January, 13th - and my internship starts on Jan, 19th.
I don't have the luxury of waiting 60 days for them to do additional administrative processing on my application.

What can I do?
Did anyone undergo the same problem?

Thank you!

Eliza

Hi,

I have the same problem.

I took my interview upon J-1 Visa on Jan 21 2015 in Paris. I was told that I need further Administrative Processing and given a white sheet. The waiting time written on the sheet is 4~8 weeks. I was also asked to send my detailed CV, lists of published scientific articles and my supervisor's contact.

Have you got your VISA approved?

Thank you,

Li

Hi,

I too like victor was issued a white form 221(g) at Paris US embassy on 15th January 2015. I am awaiting for any changes on the process. But still it yet to see it. I am Postdoctoral researcher at ICMCB-CNRS, Bordeaux, France. My date of departure to US on DS-2019 is 15th of April 2015. So how long more do they take to process? I am little frustrated with my passport not in hand. My contract with current employer is going to end this Feb end. I would like to leave to INDIA in the first week or second week of March. Do you think I would have good news in the first week of March? Because it would have been roughly two months by then.

Any comments on it?

Please would really console me.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Shashi

Hi,

I too like victor was issued a white form 221(g) at Paris US embassy on 15th January 2015. I am awaiting for any changes on the process. But still it yet to see it. I am Postdoctoral researcher at ICMCB-CNRS, Bordeaux, France. My date of departure to US on DS-2019 is 15th of April 2015. So how long more do they take to process? I am little frustrated with my passport not in hand. My contract with current employer is going to end this Feb end. I would like to leave to INDIA in the first week or second week of March. Do you think I would have good news in the first week of March? Because it would have been roughly two months by then.

Any comments on it?

Please would really console me.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Shashi

I am sure, you will get your passport very soon. The processing usually lasts 60 -90 days or even faster. How long is your postdoc duration and course?

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. They have offered me for one year of postdoc but could be extended. I am working on Solid state NMR spectroscopy (physics) of paramagnetic materials.

90 days! is it ?? Then I am screwed :( But I heard they take the decision within 60 days.

Anyhow you said less than so that's the hope.

Let's see,

All the best to you too,

Regards,
Shashi

Yes, they usually resolved within 60 days. I also applied for my J1 Visa on 21st january from another US embassy in Europe. I am sure you will get reply very soon. Did the consular said how many weeks does the processing takesplace?

yeah something like 5-8 weeks i guess. I informed my supervisor at Ohio and he is kind of pushing it from his end by sending a recommendation letter to Paris US embassy. I hope it reaches early and the process accelerates.

Same here. During the interview she asked me CV I gave. then she rounded off the list of scientific publications check box in white form 221(g) and gave it to me. She then asked me to mail or email them (list of publications, abstracts).

Hi,

I have the same problem.

I took my interview upon J-1 Visa on Jan 21 2015 in Paris. I was told that I need further Administrative Processing and given a white sheet. The waiting time written on the sheet is 4~8 weeks. I was also asked to send my detailed CV, lists of published scientific articles and my supervisor's contact.

Have you got your VISA approved?

Thank you,

Li
Hi have you got your visa ?

I have the same problem that Elisa. interviewed passed the 4 march with a woman. aftrr 10 minutes, she told me my visa was approved i would received it in 2 or 3 days. he 10 march my status change to A.P. and one day later i've received an email from the consular and they told me that my visa request is undergoing additional administrative processing and since that day there is no update on my status, no news, nothing; still waiting....