asylum results

alwaysintrouble

hello,
I had my asylum interview 2 weeks ago and i was told that the result was going to be in 2 weeks and i was to go in person and pick up the result, which was going to be tomorrow. But then they called me today and said that they have not reached the decision yet and so they will mail the result in few days. What does it mean? does it mean they are going to deny? Has anyone been thru such situation? please share.

don't worry. it almost becomes routine now.
I was in the same situation, and got the approval after 4 months.
Good luck

thanks for your response . I hope it won't take that long. and if you don't mind me asking where did you get your asylum from? i mean which city?

Hi. I have the same situation. My interview was on December 10 and they told me to come in 2 weeks to pick up my result. Three days before the day I have should go there they called and said that they will send me my result by mail. So it's been almost 2month since I had my interview and I didn't get it. My lower said that will send them a letter after 2 month waiting. I am in NYC.

Last edited:
so today when i went to their office for inqury, they told me that they mailed my results this morning. I checked on the USCIS website but no updates. Is is required for them to update the information on their website or is it normal to not have updates. I am very nervous at this point.

so today when i went to their office for inqury, they told me that they mailed my results this morning. I checked on the USCIS website but no updates. Is is required for them to update the information on their website or is it normal to not have updates. I am very nervous at this point.
Please share your decision with us as soon as you get it...and AO too.

i will. I was hoping to get the result today since my address is in houston. the office is like an hour away from where i live but did not receive anything today. May be tomorrow. still no updates on USCIS website. I hope and pray i get approved.

actually while going through NTA, i noticed that they made a mistake in my status as being out of status since 2012. While in fact I worked on OPT in 2012 and then has been on H1b and have a full time job. So when i called USCIS office, they told me to go to their office with all supporting documents and they will re-look over it. So my question is if anyone has been in such situation and is there any chance of being accepted at this point?

Hi. I have the same situation. My interview was on December 10 and they told me to come in 2 weeks to pick up my result. Three days before the day I have should go there they called and said that they will send me my result by mail. So it's been almost 2month since I had my interview and I didn't get it. My lower said that will send them a letter after 2 month waiting. I am in NYC.

Hi. Yesterday my lawyer called me and said that they sent my case to the court ;((( But we still don't know a date of it, so I'm again worried because I heard the story that some woman had an interview one month earlier than I had and her court scheduled on October 2019 !!!! :( that news just killing me .... ;(((((( but anyway I hope I will have it earlier!!! Please God help me. I didn't see my mom for 5,5 years already! Good luck to everyone!

Hey optimist which state did you apply in? don't think negative. Every single case is different. Yours might be quick. Good luck and stay positive.