Feb 2015 - Citizenship tracker

rok8man

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I am sending out the N400 application for my wife. I am a USC so she is filing under the 3 year rule. I will be mailing out the packet tomorrow. So wanted to start this thread and see how everyone else does. Good luck to all as well who is going through the same.

Hi rok8man, we are back!! I will track with you. I am sending mine to Dallas on Monday. Questions for you:
1. For Application Part 5 - If my mother and and father are not US Citizens - I don't need to answer A & B of Questions 1 & 2 right?
2. Did you include a cover letter?
3. Form G-1145 can be used to track this application as well right?
4. Where on the application does it require information about speeding tickets?

Thanks for your help!!

@rok8man - think found the answers for the questions I asked previously, other than #1. I don;t want to send an incomplete application. I also just realized you got your citizenship and now you are applying for your wife. Congrats. How was your interview experience? Did you have yours at Fairfax?

Hi rok8man, we are back!! I will track with you. I am sending mine to Dallas on Monday. Questions for you:
1. For Application Part 5 - If my mother and and father are not US Citizens - I don't need to answer A & B of Questions 1 & 2 right?
2. Did you include a cover letter?
3. Form G-1145 can be used to track this application as well right?
4. Where on the application does it require information about speeding tickets?

Thanks for your help!!

Hi Kacy2013,

Sorry for the late reply. To answer your questions 1) You dont have to answer that question 2) Yes I included a cover sheet with all the documents provided in list format 3) I did form G1145 and got an email yesterday 4) I never sent any speeding ticket information when I filled it out for both myself and my wife

Good luck on your journey. My friend did the same N400 for his wife and it took about 6 months from start to finish. So hopefully ours will be in the same time frame. When I applied for mine in Indiana it took 3 months. But it was a different Center.

@rok8man - think found the answers for the questions I asked previously, other than #1. I don;t want to send an incomplete application. I also just realized you got your citizenship and now you are applying for your wife. Congrats. How was your interview experience? Did you have yours at Fairfax?

I just saw this. Well looks like you submitted yours as well. So good luck on that.

My interview process was really good. I had mine in Indianapolis. I remember the interviewing agent had all my paperwork. He asked me three questions and I can only remember one, which countries did we fight in WWII? He then asked me when is Flag Day? I didnt know that answer as it wasnt on the 100 questions. He was asking me to just write it in English as part of the interview. I was relieved. And then he asked me to read a line from his paperwork. Thats all I remember as it was back in 2009.

Hi Rok8man,
Thanks for the response. I trust it's no longer than 6 months. All the best to you and your wife also.

I mailed my application on March 20th checks cashed 27th and received an email on 3/2 that my application has been accepted. My local office is in Houston. It looks like it will take at-least 8 months from start to finish. Anybody from Houston?

Hello guys. May I ask my questions regarding N-400, please. I can not complete my N-400 because do not know how to write my name.
The instruction for N-400 says : "Write your name exactly as it appears on your Permanent Resident Card.." Does it mean the face side or the bottom of the back side of the card?
In my Permanent Resident Card the face side shows my given name as my First name + the first letter of my middle name (only first letter). At the bottom of the back side of my card my full name appears as it is but the middle name is missing the last letter of it, because there was not enough space for it. What middle name should I print into my N-400 Application, only one first letter as it appears on the face side of my card or as it appears at the bottom of the back side (with missing last letter of my middle name)?
Another question regarding translation of some documents. Can I bring the same translation that I provided to USCIS when applied for Permanent Resident Card or I should get a fresh one?
Thank you

Nicole2... I would write it the way it's on the front of the card. I'm guessing if you put your first, middle, and last name you're fine if that's what they have on file . Although my GC has only the first letter of my middle , I wrote my entire middle name as I did on previous applications and my application was accepted. I never concerned myself with the back of the card.
I don't know much about translations. My recommendation would be to call USCIS.