Green Card - Retail Theft

Do you think I can get a GC soon

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Lilianna1994

So here is my situation. Im from Philadelphia PA. About 2 years ago I got caught (retail theft) with a charge of 300 dollars misdemeanor in Macy's & I was 18 at that time. The police came and they took my finger print then i had to pay a fee about 500 dollars and left. So I'm in a process of getting a green card. USCIS sent me a letter that is approved me to work and they told us to come for an interview. So today in the interview I was honest with them about how I was young and dumb and I did make a big huge mistake. Everything else went well, we answered all the questions and everything. If it wasn't for the criminal background I would been approved. They said everything is ok but they have to go thru all the paper again to see if they can approve my case. And if I'm approved so the green card will be in the mail box from 4-6 weeks. If I'm not so they will send me a letter that I have to follow the instruction. So I want to ask if anybody had the same situation since it is just a citation and I already paid the fee. Do you think I will be able to get my green card??

You lucked out, your arrest/ticket information was not shared with the FBI, so your arrest did not hit when your finger printed were submitted. You are in luck, there is a waiver that can be granted for a minor crime like yours, chances are they (USCIS) will just overlook the arrest, if you do it again and encounter a ICE agent, many of them will look deep into your past to find things to deport you for.

You can play all the word games you want, you are a thief, you might have paid for your crime locally, but this doesn't matter in immigration law.