• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

Ladies and Gentlemen, We are recommending people to join this forum on a daily basis from all around the globe, as such new members coming and reading what appears to be exchanges of bitter words will not represent the good intention of the forum and it members. please let us stop the arguments and continue our good work.
by the way LIBERIA IS STILL BEHIND IN THE PROCESS FOR 2015 BECAUSE UP TILL NOW MEDICAL IS STILL BEEN SUSPENDED. I think you guys need to join us Liberian in praying for the speedy resumption of medical in Liberia. please don't come after me, I believe that God is able to make the impossible possible.
really behind. also pray for us in Ghana because there are too many refusals :eek::D.

Yes, we tell new people to come to the forum because we want them to be properly educated in the process. Allowing people to post misleading and downright false information with no correction benefits absolutely no-one.

I would also like to emphasize that I have no problem with people having faith. What I do have a problem with is the kind of things about faith that have been said on this forum, statements which include (1) people who believe in a certain religion have a better chance of getting their visa (2) people who have serious problems with their entries don't need to worry as long as they have faith (3) people with all their documents in order and who meet the requirements get refused because they don't have faith. None of these are correct, and none of them are helpful to people in the process - in fact some of these statements can be damaging to people. I know why scratches dislikes me so - it is because he has a problem with his entry that he believes faith will solve, so when I say faith will not work on its own he gets upset.

I would also like to emphasize that I have no problem with people having faith. What I do have a problem with is the kind of things about faith that have been said on this forum, statements which include (1) people who believe in a certain religion have a better chance of getting their visa (2) people who have serious problems with their entries don't need to worry as long as they have faith (3) people with all their documents in order and who meet the requirements get refused because they don't have faith. None of these are correct, and none of them are helpful to people in the process - in fact some of these statements can be damaging to people. I know why scratches dislikes me so - it is because he has a problem with his entry that he believes faith will solve, so when I say faith will not work on its own he gets upset.
:)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_Enlightenment

Who told you I have a problem? Who told you I dislike you? I don't. Not at all. Ok? I just don't like your way of addressing someone. We all deserve respect. We are all good in our own way. Learn to tolerate others views. America is noted for its diverse culture tolerance and you don't appear to exhibit it here. My apologies for earlier comments.

It's not about "tolerating views". You did not express opinion. You presented factually incorrect statements as the truth. That has nothing to do with cultural diversity.

This is a problem a friend is battling with thus his date of birth:
His correct date of birth and on his birth cert is 12/ 08/ 1987 but the agent used 12/12/ 1987 for the edv application.
He has gone for affidavit from the Supreme Court to support it.
Any chance?
His interview is 19th February 2015.

His correct date of birth and on his birth cert is 12/ 08/ 1987 but the agent used 12/12/ 1987 for the edv application.
Any chance?

I'm sure some people have been approved with similar cases and some have been denied. It's a gamble. Hopefully your friend corrected it in the DS260.

Any chance?
Britsimon has said it well. it is a gamble as the chance is 50/50. some people with similar issue made it through in the past.

Who told you I have a problem? Who told you I dislike you? I don't. Not at all. Ok? I just don't like your way of addressing someone. We all deserve respect. We are all good in our own way. Learn to tolerate others views. America is noted for its diverse culture tolerance and you don't appear to exhibit it here. My apologies for earlier comments.
that is the spirit of this forum, thanks for the apology, lets work together for the good of all our members.

It's not about "tolerating views". You did not express opinion. You presented factually incorrect statements as the truth. That has nothing to do with cultural diversity.
sue i urge you to stop the justifications. of your earlier post and do as scratches did, pointing out that he has a problem when he has not said that is a breeding ground for more argument.

The best reply I have longed for. Thank you.
masa masa, i like you so much especially when it comes to faith just that you no dey check the environment and also sometimes make too much normative statements.;)

Last edited:
I'm sure some people have been approved with similar cases and some have been denied. It's a gamble. Hopefully your friend corrected it in the DS260.
Hmmm I don't know that guy's problem, he was the guy I met @ akai during my medicals and he doesn't know the address of his host so your question of correcting it in the DS 260 I wish he knows what that is .....
Lol
I even pleaded with him to join the forum but I don't know what is keeping him till now

can u appeal after refusal is,it going to be possible for them to change their mind.or it will affect u later if they don't give u

Oga Scratches I beg o, you be crusader or DV applicant. Well please let me remind you that there is a clear difference between the two. If you are a DV applicant, the surest way is to play by the rules first.

Anyhow, my dear forum people yours truly arrived in the states on the 13th of January. I came with Turkish Airlines, their price was good 823usd with a stop at Turkey. However about an hour and half to landing, one guy collapsed on board it was initially a horrifying moment for me. He sat about three rows behind at the window side. When he passed out the lady he shared the seat row with got up, called a cabin crew and started pointing to the direction of the wing through the window, so I thought it was something she saw on the wing until I realized it was someone who collapsed. That incident caused the port authorities in Istanbul to delay our disembarkation for almost an hour cos they needed to be sure he did not collapse out of Ebola or something. This also resulted in some of us missing our flights from Istanbul. We got scheduled for another flight later in the day.

When we arrived at JFK, there was a long queue but it also kind of moved steadily. It got to my turn and I went to an immigration official he asked questions like where I am coming from, what work I do and what brought me to the States, I told him and he asked for the pack and I handed it to him. Before then he took my fingerprint again. He opened the pack studied the documents and asked me to follow him to another room where I believe they were doing the final processing of immigrants, there were lots of us that night. In case anyone is wondering what is in the pack it is your documentation you submitted at the interview; medical and police report, birth, academic and marriage certificates that's all. Please not open the package. So I waited in that processing room for an hour and I was called to come an sign a form and that was all.

I have been in New York since and I am still waiting for my SS card. If it does not come by Tuesday which happens to be the 3rd week after arrival then I will go to the nearest SS office and follow the procedure they have there.

Right now I am on a road trip to Minneapolis will spend about a month there before coming back to NY.

My people this is a dream come true, to walk freely on the streets of the US and even approach police for directions without fear of being bundled and sent home is so real. You can also enjoy this but please, FOLLOW THE RULES!

Oga Scratches I beg o, you be crusader or DV applicant. Well please let me remind you that there is a clear difference between the two. If you are a DV applicant, the surest way is to play by the rules first.

Anyhow, my dear forum people yours truly arrived in the states on the 13th of January. I came with Turkish Airlines, their price was good 823usd with a stop at Turkey. However about an hour and half to landing, one guy collapsed on board it was initially a horrifying moment for me. He sat about three rows behind at the window side. When he passed out the lady he shared the seat row with got up, called a cabin crew and started pointing to the direction of the wing through the window, so I thought it was something she saw on the wing until I realized it was someone who collapsed. That incident caused the port authorities in Istanbul to delay our disembarkation for almost an hour cos they needed to be sure he did not collapse out of Ebola or something. This also resulted in some of us missing our flights from Istanbul. We got scheduled for another flight later in the day.

When we arrived at JFK, there was a long queue but it also kind of moved steadily. It got to my turn and I went to an immigration official he asked questions like where I am coming from, what work I do and what brought me to the States, I told him and he asked for the pack and I handed it to him. Before then he took my fingerprint again. He opened the pack studied the documents and asked me to follow him to another room where I believe they were doing the final processing of immigrants, there were lots of us that night. In case anyone is wondering what is in the pack it is your documentation you submitted at the interview; medical and police report, birth, academic and marriage certificates that's all. Please not open the package. So I waited in that processing room for an hour and I was called to come an sign a form and that was all.

I have been in New York since and I am still waiting for my SS card. If it does not come by Tuesday which happens to be the 3rd week after arrival then I will go to the nearest SS office and follow the procedure they have there.

Right now I am on a road trip to Minneapolis will spend about a month there before coming back to NY.

My people this is a dream come true, to walk freely on the streets of the US and even approach police for directions without fear of being bundled and sent home is so real. You can also enjoy this but please, FOLLOW THE RULES!
It's really a dream come true

wow Congrats bro, enjoy your life in the US and work hard. We hope to join u guys there soon InSha Allah.. Bless
Pls
UOTE="sasudt, post: 2343246, member: 352892"]Hi pals, am Form Ghana and won US lottery..
MY goal is to help you guys out through the documentation process as much as I can... ignore so called "agents", the process is just straight forward not anything that makes you panic, bla bla bla and stuffs...
You can also share your ideas and experience..[/QUOTE]
pls am also a winner n I need help badly

Pls
UOTE="sasudt, post: 2343246, member: 352892"]Hi pals, am Form Ghana and won US lottery..
MY goal is to help you guys out through the documentation process as much as I can... ignore so called "agents", the process is just straight forward not anything that makes you panic, bla bla bla and stuffs...
You can also share your ideas and experience..
pls am also a winner n I need help badly[/QUOTE]

You have to explain what you need help with...

[Q UOTE="Britsimon, post: 2384476, member: 10"]pls am also a winner n I need help badly[/QUOTE]

You have to explain what you need help with...[/QUOTE]
Am I using ma shs certificate or ma shs results slip.
Bcos de date of birth on ma certificate is different frm dat on ma birth cert.but on ma results slip dere s no date of birth.