• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

Hi GodisGreat, the cheapest I found is Emirates. For example I bought at the rate of 11,000 Birr for adult and 10,000 Birr for child (<12 year) to New York. Our connection time is 5 hours in Dubai (not too bad). Ethiopian costs 6,000 more if you want to fly direct.
exactly. The middle east airlines are cheaper than other, even ethiopian, airlines. But most of them have one or more connections/transit. As the number of connections increase, the price gets lower.

Hi GodisGreat, the cheapest I found is Emirates. For example I bought at the rate of 11,000 Birr for adult and 10,000 Birr for child (<12 year) to New York. Our connection time is 5 hours in Dubai (not too bad). Ethiopian costs 6,000 more if you want to fly direct.
@MB1xxx the cost difference 6,000 is per person?

Hi friends. Are you facing similar situation as I am facing on CEAC status?
It still bounces between "administrative processing" and "ready". It has been fluctuating for about 14 days.
I feel the term "administrative processing" is not the AP we have known commonly here. I think I should wait till the status is changed to "issued".
Any similar experience?
Hi God-Is-Love, think you started packing and that is why we don't here from you these days:) Have you already received your passport with the visa from the DHL office? How do you know it is ready? Do they call you or email? Our status started fluctuation between "Ready" and "Administrative Processing" like you said in your comment above. Friday, it was "Ready" today it says "Administrative Processing". The paragraph above the status begins with the statement that says: "approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days".
Hopping that you have already received your visa, I would like if you can advise what we should do now. With the reflections we had from our senior members in the forum regarding the 6 month limit based on Medical-Test-Date and/or Visa-Print-Date, I am really eager to see if the date on our visa can support the ticket we already purchased for July. Thanks.

Hi Dears,

Yesterday has been my interview day. It just ended up with an open appointment. The detail goes as below:

We got to the embassy at 6:00 local and passed through the usual security check. As we were holding a five months infant we have been given priority and the waiting time was short. Once we get inside the waiting room, a friendly Ethiopian lady gave us a folder to assemble the documents. We did the same and gave back to her. She has labeled our folder as "priority" and told us to wait until our name is called. Shortly after, my name was called to window 4. we all (my wife, 3 years son and the infant, whose name is not included in the 2ND letter, and myself) appeared in front of one Ethiopian lady. She took our finger print and returned some documents that are not relevant, like work experience. Having that we are four in number against three listed in the 2ND letter, she asked about the infant:

· Who is he? I told her "he is xxxx, a new born baby"

· Would you like to take him with you? I told her "yes"

Then, she gave me a form which I have to take it to the medical institution, told me to fill online form (DS 260) and come back any day (Monday to Thursday) at 7:00 as soon as the medical result matures. She also told me to pay for the entire family before the interview, which was something I was not expecting based on prior experiences I had from this thread.

Today I will be going to IOM to facilitate the medical process for my infant.

Hi Dears,

Yesterday has been my interview day. It just ended up with an open appointment. The detail goes as below:

We got to the embassy at 6:00 local and passed through the usual security check. As we were holding a five months infant we have been given priority and the waiting time was short. Once we get inside the waiting room, a friendly Ethiopian lady gave us a folder to assemble the documents. We did the same and gave back to her. She has labeled our folder as "priority" and told us to wait until our name is called. Shortly after, my name was called to window 4. we all (my wife, 3 years son and the infant, whose name is not included in the 2ND letter, and myself) appeared in front of one Ethiopian lady. She took our finger print and returned some documents that are not relevant, like work experience. Having that we are four in number against three listed in the 2ND letter, she asked about the infant:

Then, she gave me a form which I have to take it to the medical institution, told me to fill online form (DS 260) and come back any day (Monday to Thursday) at 7:00 as soon as the medical result matures. She also told me to pay for the entire family before the interview, which was something I was not expecting based on prior experiences I had from this thread.

Do that as soon as possible - you need to get this done within the month of original interview to avoid having your visas reallocated.

Given the child is 5 months old, why did you not get the medical done for the infant anyway??

Hi Dears,

@Ebro what do you mean she told you to fill online form ds-260? you mean to add your new baby? if yes, I think check if possible to unlock ds-260 after the interview scheduled. Because i saw one post who want to update his profile on the ds-260 after his scheduled for interview , and when he request for the unlock he received a message saying 'your case has been sent to embassy ' something like that.
please check if possible or not to update ds-260 after interview schedule set?
@Britsimon you kind say on this please .

Hi God-Is-Love, think you started packing and that is why we don't here from you these days:) Have you already received your passport with the visa from the DHL office? How do you know it is ready? Do they call you or email? Our status started fluctuation between "Ready" and "Administrative Processing" like you said in your comment above. Friday, it was "Ready" today it says "Administrative Processing". The paragraph above the status begins with the statement that says: "approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days".
Hopping that you have already received your visa, I would like if you can advise what we should do now. With the reflections we had from our senior members in the forum regarding the 6 month limit based on Medical-Test-Date and/or Visa-Print-Date, I am really eager to see if the date on our visa can support the ticket we already purchased for July. Thanks.
Sorry for the late reply @MB1xxx. I was not able to use my mobile internet.
My visa status is now changed to 'Issued' after many fluctuations between 'ready' and 'administrative processing'. I'm waiting for an email from DHL as my passport gets ready to pick up.
In addition to my status, i also got case number of a family (by random check). As I followed their case, I found out that only the status of the principal applicant had been fluctuating. The others were ready all the time. Finally, the status of all member had gone to 'administrative processing' for two days and then all went to 'issued'.
I think you well observed the scenario. So, you can expecte your visa to be printed when the status of all members come to 'administrative processing'. Then it will be changed to 'issued' once the visas get printed.

Hi Dears,

Dear @Ebro, medical examination for infants is easy. At IOM, Only physical examination is done for kids and infants. No x-ray and blood test at all. They may give your child additional vaccination.
Anyways, i don't think you will face any problem. When I was there for my interview, i saw similar case. A wife of a winner was not able to submit medical completion certificate. She may needed some treatment, for TB as I suspected. They were told to pay for all applicants and to bring the medical result as completed. But they were told they are qualified.
I hope they wouldn't let you pay for all family members if you wouldn't qualify.

Dear @Ebro, medical examination for infants is easy. At IOM, Only physical examination is done for kids and infants. No x-ray and blood test at all. They may give your child additional vaccination.
Anyways, i don't think you will face any problem. When I was there for my interview, i saw similar case. A wife of a winner was not able to submit medical completion certificate. She may needed some treatment, for TB as I suspected. They were told to pay for all applicants and to bring the medical result as completed. But they were told they are qualified.
I hope they wouldn't let you pay for all family members if you wouldn't qualify.
High hi @God-Is-Love , hope all is good for you, but do you think is possible to add derivatives on ds-260 after the schedule ?

High hi @God-Is-Love , hope all is good for you, but do you think is possible to add derivatives on ds-260 after the schedule ?
Yes. The embassy instructs you to add the derivative (infant or spouse) on the form.
I don't know why the CO gave a web page for an applicant to add his baby on DS-260 form (that I saw in the embassy). I didn't see what the page was. But he told him to go to the web page he had given him and to add his baby on DS-260 form.
May be he was reminding him the web page where he can find his DS-260 or he was giving him a new page where the DS is stored after scheduling is done, I don't really know. @Ebro may tell us the detail.

Yes. The embassy instructs you to add the derivative (infant or spouse) on the form.
I don't know why the CO gave a web page for an applicant to add his baby on DS-260 form (that I saw in the embassy). I didn't see what the page was. But he told him to go to the web page he had given him and to add his baby on DS-260 form.
May be he was reminding him the web page where he can find his DS-260 or he was giving him a new page where the DS is stored after scheduling is done, I don't really know. @Ebro may tell us the detail.
yes , also honestly the reason i am addicted to this form is that every time a new experience sharing adds up, I am eagerly waiting the detail feed from @Ebro .

Hi Dears,

my main question is have you been able to add the details of the kid to your DS 260 after the returning from the embassy?

Sorry for the late reply @MB1xxx. I was not able to use my mobile internet.
My visa status is now changed to 'Issued' after many fluctuations between 'ready' and 'administrative processing'. I'm waiting for an email from DHL as my passport gets ready to pick up.
In addition to my status, i also got case number of a family (by random check). As I followed their case, I found out that only the status of the principal applicant had been fluctuating. The others were ready all the time. Finally, the status of all member had gone to 'administrative processing' for two days and then all went to 'issued'.
I think you well observed the scenario. So, you can expecte your visa to be printed when the status of all members come to 'administrative processing'. Then it will be changed to 'issued' once the visas get printed.
Thank you God-is-Love. Today, the status for all my family is AP. I will wait and see when it changes to "issued".
Are you sure the DHL office will send you an email when they get the package or may be you ask them in person or by phone?

Thank you God-is-Love. Today, the status for all my family is AP. I will wait and see when it changes to "issued".
Are you sure the DHL office will send you an email when they get the package or may be you ask them in person or by phone?
from previous post and other experiences they will send you an email, or you can request the status through phone Tel: +251 1 1552 6220 / +251 1 1515 9683 .

That should be the last status before issuance as much as it is not the real "AP"
About DHL, yes they send emails as they receive passports and packages.