• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

Oh dear Simon, I "immigrated" the other day yes but my father has lived here since 1988, his wife is american, my sister is american, I have spent plenty of time in the US over the years... Plenty. You may not know this,but I was approved for a family based petition and waiting for my priority date to be current when we won the lottery.

You have started telling people to google after being called out. I am also still waiting for any evidence you can show me about your "fact" that people get shopping coupons for the first five years after birth regardless of income, a claim you stated twice, but that you cannot appear to find a "case study" for. And yes I'm sure there are "Kenyan dynamics" but these are not going to change the rules of a school system. Of course they make life easier for a Kenyan immigrant, you have a host who gives you a home and takes you around and you don't have the pressure others do of having to find somewhere to stay, having to pay deposit for a rental, find furniture and so on. I understand that it makes your transition easier. But it doesn't change American laws and rules.
"SO HOW MANY KENYANS ARE YOU READY TO HOST" you sometimes wear an AFRICAN JERSEY & NOW YOU SEEM TO DENOUNCING IT...
What you might not know is that almost all Kenya who immigrated to the USA have a successful story to tell and most of the story is TANGIBLE IMPACT THEY MAKE back at home-all they want to know(kenyans- is not how they will endure in the USA but how they will boost investment back at home.Most people(immigrants DV 204 & dv 2015) confides in me and some have mentioned your DISRESPECTFUL LANGUAGE as being one o the reason.Some could no longer continue with this forum and its when I and @DADA started a whatsup group..

Ok no problem, I have just about had enough of this forum, as I am not "nice enough" to keep quiet when people continually post misleading information, and people don't like being challenged. Simon accuses me of sending people away,a nice diversion so people forget he is still not showing any provable "case study" of what he claims happens (shopping vouchers for 5 years regardless of income). Good luck to all of you, I hope those waiting for visas get them, please remember to not only rely on what people post here, indeed be very careful about it, but Google all the information you can, especially official US websites whether for interview preparation or life afterwards, so that you don't get nasty surprises because of what people here posted. And, be aware that americans say what they think, so you may have to reconsider what you call "disrespectful language". Goodby and good luck.

Last edited:
@Simon,

Okay, I think I've held my tongue long enough. Since you're of the opinion that any none Kenyan that challenges your post either has no "respect for Africans" or does not understand the "kenyan dynamics", is responsible for sending people away from the group, etc, you should consider keeping to your WhatsApp group where you can spread misleading information about life in the US without being challenged.

The work of helping people that some of us do here is beyond any one particular group, and we've been doing this long before your arrival. Enough of your unfounded accusatory posts please. You can consider this a formal warning!

@Simon,

Okay, I think I've held my tongue long enough. Since you're of the opinion that any none Kenyan that challenges your post either has no "respect for Africans" or does not understand the "kenyan dynamics", is responsible for sending people away from the group, etc, you should consider keeping to your WhatsApp group where you can spread misleading information about life in the US without being challenged.

The work of helping people that some of us do here is beyond any one particular group, and we've been doing this long before your arrival. Enough of your unfounded accusatory posts please. You can consider this a formal warning!
I gave all dv 2015 mobile contacts to which I had to one of a forum member who requested or it.
For your information am not a member the whatsup group, I only helped them come together since they always called me through my Kenya mobile as well as emailing me for advice .I requested them to always post their questions here and if uncomfortable with posting to use one of the active member in this forum to do it on their behalf.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I stay away too. Am not amused. Someone talks someone else down, when and how they feel like and in a manner unbecoming? I used to read the forum before going to bed to catch up with the day's happenings, then I started reading the all out attacks on some members. Not good for my sleep, so i stopped. I am writing this post and I have a good idea of the kind of response it will get... People come here to read to get enlightened, knowledge and assistance.

Yeah, I stay away too. Am not amused. Someone talks someone else down, when and how they feel like and in a manner unbecoming? I used to read the forum before going to bed to catch up with the day's happenings, then I started reading the all out attacks on some members. Not good for my sleep, so i stopped. I am writing this post and I have a good idea of the kind of response it will get... People come here to read to get enlightened, knowledge and assistance.
...sure..members ask questions and NO ONE RESPONDS by liking his/her question.
After along silence,I decide to try by offering my personal opinion...and that's where the source of my troubles starts.watering down my opinion and giving the so called correct position.
I thought any one with an INSTANT CORRECT position should post INSTEAD OF the WAITING TO CRITICIZE other opinions.i HAVE NEVER CRITIZIZED @SusieQQQ comments, I only likes when she becomes the first to post.Also note that regardless o SOMEONES OPINION i always make a like to his post as a way of encouragement.

One thing i have learnt on this forum is if you have no facts its better to stay quiet. Simon the watsapp group u talking of is misleading some people. Some one had put a wrng name in the ds form and different too in the birth certificate and all guys said was just get an affidavit. Its not good to try so much to be right you come off as trying too hard to prove a point.
Be straight to the point do not give scenarios which are not asked for and then u twist around words.
Humility is a virtual, aggressiveness can will u hourly jobs but humilty n respect takes u levels higher.
u do not have to sound like u know everything no employer pulls up this as your experience.
So lets keep it professional and to the point,there is no need for unnecessary meandering and impractical scenarios.
Wish u all a nice super bowl.

Hello guys is there anyone who can share something about how they got their first fulltime -with benefits job? What was the experience like?.

If you pay very soon after you arrive, no difference. You will not get your plastic green card if the fee is not paid so a long delay will affect it.
No effect on SSN card which will be sent regardless of USCIS fee being paid.
Thanks paid up and status changed to accepted.

Perhaps a note for others reading this who may get confused or misled by certain postings. There is not a lot that is completely standardised across the U.S. Every state has different laws, on everything from driving to who gets welfare. Every school district has different rules. You can pay different taxes from one town to the next even. People need to understand what is relevant where they are going to. Just like the original DV interview, the best course of action is to be as prepared as you can be.

All my opinions are based on facts (I always state real CASE STUDIES) and encourage readers and members to Google for rules that will apply in their states.More to that and surprisingly @SusieQQQ, I would like to tell you that there are certain DYNAMICS that apply to Kenyans here in the USA and to be candid enough-Kenyans community take hosting as a privileged and this might be unknown to you @SusieQQQ.Am sure you are not ready to host any of our Kenyan immigrants and therefore when I talk of real life experiences-don't just water it down,you immigrated the other day to the USA and you have NO audacity lecturing to me your Mastering of USA life.

Simon - Frankly, your response to SusieQQQ's objective input and advice above is objectively difficult to understand and seems to be borderline offensive. Nowhere in her post does she refer in any way to the Kenyan community, yet makes several objectively true and correct statements about life in the US. I am not sure what exactly your problem is. You are not trying to imply that general US laws and regulations, which do differ from State to State, are not applicable to a certain immigrant group, are you? Or are you trying to say only someone from Kenya, i.e. yourself, is appropriate to provide advice to immigrants from Kenya? You seem otherwise to be too intelligent for this.

One thing i have learnt on this forum is if you have no facts its better to stay quiet. Simon the watsapp group u talking of is misleading some people. Some one had put a wrng name in the ds form and different too in the birth certificate and all guys said was just get an affidavit. Its not good to try so much to be right you come off as trying too hard to prove a point.
Be straight to the point do not give scenarios which are not asked for and then u twist around words.
Humility is a virtual, aggressiveness can will u hourly jobs but humilty n respect takes u levels higher.
u do not have to sound like u know everything no employer pulls up this as your experience.
So lets keep it professional and to the point,there is no need for unnecessary meandering and impractical scenarios.
Wish u all a nice super bowl.
It's good to hear from you @kakjose, can you say in plain truth that I directed you to this forum when we met at iom and at first you had quarrels with @susie and I again humbly requested you to be calm, you desparatly call me on my phone on 21st november 2014 after being put on administrative process and i gave you the number of a person to help you get a certificate of good conductyour.you at first told me you don't like contributing to forums but I personally persuaded you.anyway enough of this sideshows and lets be moderate.

To clarify things;
1) make sure your have all your ummunization updated
2) it's better to bring over a valid drivers license-(renew if expired)
3) different state's have different rules, found out about yours.
4) it's possible to get discounted prizes for cars online-aonline and you can save alot.
5) when I did't have a job, I openly said so in this forum and I openly described a life of eating and sleeping as a one worst thing that happened then, am not bragging about my life its about real life experiences.i not many people would share or are confortable sharing personal experirnces.@SusieQQQ, you have played a big role in the forum as well as many others.we are humans and If am wrong on this or that...just say it politely.am sorry @sussie

It's good to hear from you @kakjose, can you say in plain truth that I directed you to this forum when we met at iom and at first you had quarrels with @susie and I again humbly requested you to be calm, you desparatly call me on my phone on 21st november 2014 after being put on administrative process and i gave you the number of a person to help you get a certificate of good conductyour.you at first told me you don't like contributing to forums but I personally persuaded you.anyway enough of this sideshows and lets be moderate.

A post such as this is precisely what @kakjose was counseling you against. Yes you introduced him to the forum and encouraged him to be patient when it seemed like he was getting frustrated. Yes, you introduced him to whoever it was that assisted with getting his PCC. That doesn't mean he shouldn't be able to tell you if he feels you're doing something wrong. The fact that you've assisted him in some ways does not mean he has to be on the simon bandwagon for life.

@Britsimon has a blog which countless number of people have benefited from, including those who referred to him as a dictator. I have an AOS spreadsheet floating around that people processing AOS are treating like the DV-AOS bible. Susie spends countless hours answering questions on another forum in addition to this one. We've never gone out of of ways to start tooting our horns as to what and what we've done for others. I'm sure there are others equally rendering assistance in some form/ways to total strangers too. There's no reason to have gone on and on listing the kind of assistance you have rendered to him or to others in the past.

@Simon,

the forum is made to help both parties,,,the personal differences just take them to eBay members,,,,,,,,,,,

bro
To clarify things;
1) make sure your have all your ummunization updated
2) it's better to bring over a valid drivers license-(renew if expired)
3) different state's have different rules, found out about yours.
4) it's possible to get discounted prizes for cars online-aonline and you can save alot.
5) when I did't have a job, I openly said so in this forum and I openly described a life of eating and sleeping as a one worst thing that happened then, am not bragging about my life its about real life experiences.i not many people would share or are confortable sharing personal experirnces.@SusieQQQ, you have played a big role in the forum as well as many others.we are humans and If am wrong on this or that...just say it politely.am sorry @sussie
hey,guys calm down

Question... Assuming your name is Gee....your are a beneficiary in the DV process... On your. Birth certificate your biological dad is ABC... However this guy has never been in your. Life at alll. Your mother married someone else who is XYZ... He is the person who has been there as your dad n has provided for you all through your life.your passport just bears your names Gee without your dad or step dad named.most of your other document bear your step dad names. In the ds 260,on the part for parents name for the father 's name you indicated your step dad names. What would bwould advise the beneficiary. To do... Note the spouse is the principal applicant

Sussieqqq please calm down,you've spoken the naked truth,first I don't want to sound arrogant but the truth shall set us free.simon went through this process just recently and may be he thinks has become the best lecturer in this forum,what he should keep in mind first is that so many people have been selected and perhaps are not aware of this forum,does that mean they won't make it to the final stage?

H everyone, let's not allow this super helpful forum to degenerate into petty and unhelpful arguments... live and let live and lets move on to helping each other. xxx